Sour Boggle by BOG Preservation Run

Would it be unethical to make crosses with tester plants? Well both are bubble gum, just different lines at this point.

2 Likes

One should not make crosses with tester plants. The breeder is using their testers to help prove a strain, and probably release it for sale. The exception might be if the crosses were only going to be used for personal use, and then I would want to ask the breeder.

7 Likes

Yea, that’s what I thought. I’ll keep the pollen away from those

3 Likes

This is awesome to see , to who ever does this preservation run please throw me in the receiving list if I don’t manage to right away.

4 Likes

Anyone know if the strainly BOG seeds are actually taking orders & shipping? There are a few on there…

2 Likes

Truth!!! That’s by far the worst part of making beans.

5 Likes

Holy cow I hope this actually happens. This was the one strain I was looking forward to getting come tax time but then sadly BOG passed away and that leaves his seeds up in limbo. I’m sure not about to bother his wife about seeds with all she’s going through and if his seeds somehow don’t go crazy expensive I’ll still get a few packs of his gear. Hopefully I’d be able to get them through his wife so she gets all the money and wouldn’t get taxed by a seed bank.

4 Likes

I really like this idea of preserving BOGs strains forever. Unfortunately I’m not able to do a run myself yet… Otherwise I’d offer forsure. I’m hopeful someone can help out… Maybe as a suggestion, you could offer these for a possible upcoming Spring run box? I’m assuming there will be one. Kinda like the fall one that just happened yes?
If this gets done one way or the other, someone tag me on the eventual seed list plz.

2 Likes

There are so many of his strains that I wanted to try, but he nudged me towards sour boggle as his champagne bubblegum strain. Though I guess his favorite was sour bubble.

2 Likes

I’m down to run them how about you @TheShowMeHomie

2 Likes

I have been trying to acquire Blue Moon Rocks this year from BOG through ordering, but any time I inquired, Pat would always say that there were no plans in place for a restock on the BMR. I was hoping to place an order in the near future for the buy 3 packs/get a pack of Sour Blutooth free deal. I think I reached out for an updated seed list right around the time Jim passed, before I had heard the news. BMR might be one of their cultivars that should be considered for preservation, obviously while respecting the wishes of the BOGs. Jim’s work should definitely live on. Positive vibes…

~nugzz

16 Likes

I am shocked as to the interest all of you have shown, thanks.

Let’s wait for the outcome of Pat’s decision and see what.

I am making another thread for another preservation project and this is for real.

Mad.

20 Likes

If you decide to do this I have several f2’s of Sour Boggle I made a couple years ago. I will throw them in. I won’t have any room for some time. I handed several out here.

12 Likes

Per the decision I’m in for splitting the cost of a handful of packs just for donations to preserve? If it does become difficult to obtain, I at the very least want to make sure everyone here never has a day where we have to dig for these amazing genetics. @MadScientist

11 Likes

It’s strange to say, but this is one preservation I actually hope doesn’t happen. This strain is one of the 4 BOG creations I’ve really wanted to get my hands on. Blue Moon Rocks is my ultimate bucket list strain, but this is one I’ve had my eyes on for a long time. Preservation F2s would save me some money later on, but I’d really rather his work continued on. In my opinion, BOG was one of the pioneers who helped the movement get to where it is today. It would be sad to see his work relegated into the heirloom or extinct realm.

8 Likes

I would also take clones of any preservation run. Gotta say, Sour Blu Tooth is a beautiful plant that clones super easy, and has no problem with nutes. Sour Boggle not so much, despite being BOG’'s “desert island strain.” Clone everything, preserve everything however possible. Just my 2 cents.

9 Likes

I’m with you here. People want to rework someone else’s stuff after they are gone and while others may enjoy that, reworking someone’s stuff is exactly that deceased or not, without consent is stealing IMO, again IMO like it or not. We don’t know what’s going to happen, so making sure we don’t run out of it in any way shape or form is #1 in my book.

I’d rather a heirloom than the base be lost forever.

5 Likes

Respect brother it will be an honour to have a piece of bog work all around the globe :pray:

2 Likes

That’s a lot of selective breeding to make it heirloom but still represent the breeder pack.

Without a doubt, still feel it’s the better alternative to buying his stuff and crossing it to “make my own”. IMO, if we can get them, what other option do we have for not losing what he built.

I know this hasn’t been said by anyone, but in 10 years do we want to know they were preserved and someone has some or a ton of people got them and run them and they’re gone forever just because of the situation that occurred recently?

1 Like