Spaceman's Zamaldelica Grow

@spaceman yea it would be cool if u could send me some pollen . Lol im trying to find a good cross to the model cement . and who doesnt like a zamaldelica.
Cheers

P.s the model cements from ledseeds gotta give credit lol

1 Like

Sure, follow along with this grow and pm me when I collect.
What is model cement?
Are they calling it that cuz it’s like sniffing glue?

2 Likes

Update, headroom fix.

Today in the light period I remounted my lights up to the tent frame.

3, 21 watt FS bulbs behind that fan which moves lots of air and surprisingly hasn’t firmed up the stems of any of my Zams. huh?
Still very limber and flexible.

Here they are in blurple

And natural light.
Sorry, no way to get a shot further away, my tent barely fits in that packed garage.

The male is really throwing now - should be hitting his stride in a few days.
II you look close you can see TJ 1, far right, is on a bucket to bring her up to level.

6 Likes

@spaceman model cement is
hippy slayer x durban poison
He calls it model cement because he said it reminds him of a certain model cement as a kid. It smells in my opinion like glue and paint mixed lol

3 Likes

This sounds like an interesting strain, plants look happy and healthy :sunglasses: Pulling up a chair cant wait to see the finished results. I’ve recently started researching moon phases and the effects it has on gardening its fascinating to say the least.
Happy growing :seedling:

3 Likes

That’s really interesting, opium poppies flowers have the most chemically addictive smell (one of my top 3 smells) somewhat has that odor.

I can barely register the faint aroma these Zamaldelicas give off.
Right now my tent smells mostly of fresh dug soil, the Zam just gives it a high note.

4 Likes

Thanks @Budafly and welcome.
Yeah the sales pitch and reviews I’ve read really made it sound interesting.

I’ve got plenty of time with this grow, my unheated garage usually doesn’t freeze over till November but I really expect to finish this up well before then. Good Lord willing.
Once the seeds start to form I’ll start introducing UVB light (23 watt equiv) on them.
I’m guessing Zamaldelica is quite used to hi UVB levels.

I’ve been growing enthnobotanicals indoors for years, actually had a B.Caapi or two grow along all 4 walls of my addition, 12X16 over the course of 3 years.

The Rev has opened my eyes on how to build and maintain a truly organic method that blends easily with biodynamics.
Plus for the first time I actually recycle the soil mix from each grow which improves over time.

Somewhere along the line, cannabis growers started taking the decisions away from the plant, and after that, they even took away the soil.
They force-fed the plants nutrients even when they didn’t want them. They took away the natural sources of elements and replaced them with synthetics.

In fact, as a TLO grower, your primary objective is to take good care of the soil life so the soil life will take very good care of your plants.
Learning to grow your cannabis TLO-style will most likely result in you growing the finest, topshelf marijuana that you will ever cultivate.

True Living Organics
The Ultimate Guide to Growing All-Natural Marijuana Indoors
—The Rev

6 Likes

I think you shouldn’t have height issue like this! Looking good!

3 Likes

Yeah, I scared myself but sativas can rocket right through the roof if you take your eye off of them.
Since I regularly leave my grows for days at a time, which this method enables me to do, I have to plan ahead for growth spurts.

Apparently I have the tall, thin phenotype as opposed to the bushy one.
I hear they’re both potent as hell.
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, I know that feeling!
Most of the Zamaldelica I have seen were kind of bushy, not the Indica bushy kind but more like when you have all the lower branches stretching to reach the apex.
I am growing a couple of them now and for the first time I am seeing a different pheno. Not tall and thin like yours but really strange: kind of autoflowering in veg and with a very unique structure.
I have never been disappointed by them, the smell and the taste is different from modern days hybrids, like peppery carroty with some mango, it is what I call old school tropical weed, and the high is so high, so good!

I am curious to see how they turn indoor, but I am sure It is really worth the wait! You should be very pleased!

5 Likes

i have found out how close the moon is to the earth makes a difference also

I get some shit from a few “science” based posters here for my interest in such things but what does science know?

It doesn’t even know what light is.
A photon has no mass and moves in a waveform but it has an electro-magnetic field so it’s neither energy or matter.
It slows down when it passes through glass but gets back up to speed instantly when it exits.
Huh?

3 Likes

Sad update.

I pulled my plants out of the tent and gave them a once over.
Had to move a ton of stuff (literally) to get at them.

Zam 3 hermied on me, I counted about 14 male flowers and snipped them but several had popped.
So this seed run just sprained an ankle.

This leaves me with Zam 1 who is all girl and sporting some swollen calyx’s.

Now the male is shooting off like fireworks and it leaves me wondering how many of the seeds forming have been hit by the hermie?
The fan may have worked against me here and spread hermie pollen throughout the tent.
Plus I still have the clones of Zam 1 and am planning on pollen collection soon.

I am still going to let this run its course but this is not what I was counting on.
Does anyone know if the viability of hermie pollen is equal to true male pollen?

7 Likes

That’s sad.

For all intents and purposes, yeah. If you can save a bunch of pollen and run your true female again you’ll save yourself a ton of heartbreak in the future.

2 Likes

@Worcestershire_Farms
That’s what i’ve reconciled myself to do.
Save as much pollen as possible and hope for the clones to take.
I’ve pulled the Zam 1 clones out of the water, did a tiny stem scrape (3 mm) and used OTC rooting hormone, which I did not have when I took them.

1 Like

Update.
Tried to tap out some pollen from Zam male yesterday, lots of spent flowers, no discernible pollen.

Got a few snaps of a remote, outdoor grow, PH/LM from upthread.
Just about topping their screen plants, I’ve asked their caretaker to top them when they do.

The other pot.

Not really observable unless seen from the angle shot at.

I’ll post up a pic later of Zam 3, the hermie.
Getting 16 hrs of natural daylight, with about 7 hrs direct.

6 Likes

Man, whatever happened with this grow?

Ever get any good seeds out of it?

1 Like

Nope.
Somehow my carefully stored (insulated container inside an overhead freezer) became slush from condensation.
The other two seeds produced another female and hermie.
Still have a clone from the original female and the other female is at a location I rarely visit.
Still on the lookout for Zamaldelica seeds.

Well maybe you could self the female you have?

1 Like

"“Self”?
You mean forcing it to produce male flowers?
At some point I’ll have to try that, though I prefer regular seed for the surprise of a natural variation.
Once I get some more clones that is.
This plant is difficult for me to clone…I took this one in January, almost two months to root.
Almost as long as cloning chacruna (p.viridis)

Right now I’m hoping she’ll make a great mom.

4 Likes