Spaceman's Zamaldelica Grow

Hi Everyone,

Thought I’d share what for me has been an aspirational grow, Ace’s Zamaldelica trip weed.
I’m trying to recreate the trip effect some of weed from the '70’s used to deliver.
Never been one for couchlock types, I managed to trade for 12 seeds from an OG member here, still in the pkg.

After I opened the sleeve I noticed the seed had a hard lightness about them, as though they were completely dry.
Odd sensation to say the least and has me praying that these are viable.

So I selected six seed from the left of this photo.

Soaked for 6 hrs in distilled H2O
All floaters.

Presently they are drained with a saturated paper towel and sitting on a 90deg heating pad.

While I am pushing things a bit as my grow location is not where I’m living atm, this pandemic sure has changed the way I’ll be growing moving forward.

Later…

31 Likes

They look ok to me! Have faith my brother. It’s just germination anxiety. Happens to be all the time… :joy:

16 Likes

@lefthandseeds
Thanks for the reassurance!
Everything is off for me with this grow, esp the sprout timing.
Normally I use the biodynamic method as published by John Jeavons.

His assertion was that by using the cycles of the Moon, one can use the tidal force, which exerts its pull on every molecule of water on Earth, to help split the seed coat.

In a nutshell, two days before the New Moon, quick or short sprouting seeds, virtually every common vegetable except peppers, should be soaked or planted in damp medium.
This allows time for water to to penetrate the seed coat, then when the New Moon comes the tidal force should help split the coat.
Longer sprouting seeds should be started on the Full Moon.
Since Mary often sprouts for me in that two day window, that disqualifies it as a long sprouting seed.

Excerpt from:
How to grow more vegetables : and fruits,
nuts, berries, grains, and other crops than you
ever thought possible on less land
than you can imagine / by John Jeavons,.pg. 71

Planting by the Phases of the Moon
One of the most controversial aspects of the GROW BIOINTENSIVE method is Alan Chadwick’s method of planting seeds and transplanting seedlings according to the phases of the moon.
Short- and extra-long–germinating seeds (which take approximately 1 month to germinate) are planted 2 days before the new moon, when significant magnetic forces occur, and up to 7 days after the new moon.
Long-germinating seeds are planted at the full moon and up to 7 days afterward.
Seedlings are transplanted at the same time.
Both planting periods take advantage of the full sum of the forces of nature—which are greatest at the new moon—including gravity, light, and magnetism.
The lunar gravitational pull that produces high tides in the oceans and water tides in the soil is very high at the new moon. And the moon, which is dark, gets progressively lighter. (See the drawings.)
The exact day on which you plant or transplant is not as important as generally taking advantage of the impetus provided by nature.
If you place short-germinating seeds in the ground 2 days before the lunar tide forces are greatest, the seed has time to absorb water.
The force exerted on the water in the seed helps create a “tide” that helps burst the seed coat in conjunction with the forces produced by the seed’s swelling.
No doubt you have wondered why one time beet seeds come up almost immediately and another time the germination process takes 2 weeks in the same bed under similar conditions.
Temperature and moisture differences, pH changes, and humus levels may influence the seeds in each case, but the next time you note a marked difference in germination time, check your calendar to determine the phase the moon was in when you sowed the seeds. You may find the moon had an influence.
Looking at the drawing of the moon’s phases, you can see that there are both increasing and decreasing lunar gravitational and light force influences that recur periodically during the lunar month.
Sometimes the forces work against each other, and sometimes they reinforce one another. When the lunar gravitational pull decreases and the amount of moonlight increases during the first 7 days of the lunar cycle, plants undergo a period of balanced growth.
The decreasing lunar gravity (and the corresponding relative increase in Earth’s gravity) stimulates root growth. At the same time, the increasing amount of moonlight stimulates leaf growth.
During the second 7 days of the lunar cycle, the lunar gravitational force reverses its relative direction, and it increases.
This pull slows down the root growth as Earth’s relative gravitational pull is lessened.
The moonlight, on the other hand, continues to a peak, and leaf growth is especially stimulated.
If root growth has been sufficient during previous periods, then the proper amounts of nutrients and water will be conveyed to the aboveground part of the plant, and balanced, uninterrupted growth will occur.
This time of increasing gravitational, moonlight, and magnetic forces gives seeds that have not yet germinated a special boost.
Seeds that did not germinate at the time of the new moon should do so by the full moon.
Alan Chadwick said it is during this period that seeds cannot resist coming up, and mushrooms suddenly appear overnight.

17 Likes

Ha!
Thanks everybody too, who wished well (sending good vibes!) we have some action!
When held at a certain angle 4 (four!) have what my ol’ man used to say was a sh*t eating grin.

that image above was shot in weak light and zoomed some, that is pure white shining there.

So it looks good atm, May 6, 2020 11:29 PM, and looks like there’ll be more to come.
:slight_smile:

8 Likes

:partying_face: from what I’ve heard, those zams can be a pretty rowdy smoke.

6 Likes

lol
I’m a victim of slick advertising.
When I saw this I had to have her.

Very High THC
Already a favourite, this is Ace seeds taking things to the next level. An amazing plant that produces a big fat bush of strong, psychedelic sativa with terrific yields and an aggressive growth pattern. You could tell by its parentage of Zamal and Malawi that this baby was going to be dangerous, but even the wildest predictions have fallen short.

DETAILS
The Zamal is an exotic African sativa from La Reunion Island, close to Madagascar, famous for its extreme vigour and legendary psychedelic effect. Ace Seeds chose an excellent Zamal mother, selected for its trippy effect, fast flowering and remarkable sweet carrot and floral fragrances, to be pollinated by the powerful Malawi ‘killer’ in order to create Zamaldelica, a new super-sativa hybrid of terrific lysergic effect and amazing vigorous growth.

Ace Seeds Zamaldelica feminised marijuana seeds grow very bushy outdoors with uncountable branches. Although this sativa shows all its potential in tropical/subtropical climates, it has also been grown with very good results in latitudes 43N. For indoor growing for small columnar plants or SOG, start straight from clones to 12/12 just a couple of days after the rooting. Ace Seeds Zamaldelica is adequate for SCROG, horizontal or network growing due to its excellent production of lateral branches and its vigorous reaction to pruning.

BOUQUET
Carrot cake topped with melted resin.
EFFECTS
A morning glory mushroom of a high. Extremely trippy and very long-lasting. Count your fingers before you jump in. DO NOT MIX WITH BOOZE!

Actually the only warm 90 F spot in my house is atop my provider’s modem.
Seeds are there.

12 Likes

Hi Everyone,
Just an update.
Took a look this am, didn’t see much improvement, then got busy and was chafing to get back for another looksee.
An hour ago, this is what greeted me,

Here’s the order they were planted,

Seed deposited, needs repositioning.

Setup and tools…

I put a lot of faith in OMRI

4x4x5 in pots are filled a solid inch and tamped with recycled mix, TLO style.
TLO spike mix is light material on left, Burpee’s org fert dark on right.

Another view.

All tucked away,

Waiting for green…

Edit

Forgot the beauty pic of the sprinkle of Rooters, at 2/3rds full.

9 Likes

Should be interesting to see how they grow. I used a custom mix of our local soil when I grew her last year… pretty hot with manure and was still easy to grow, so I’ll be watching, best of luck man.

3 Likes

Hey V!
Thanks for stopping by and the good wishes.

What makes this grow dicey is the fact I may have to pack it up and move it to another location.
I needed a container to hold 6 4x4x5" pots so they don’t slog around in a car.
Plus it had to stay moist, let light in, etc…

The utility of these Sterilte totes never ceases to amaze.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Sterilite-6-Qt-Storage-Box-in-White-and-Clear-Plastic-16428960/203120094

AFAIK all Sterilite containers are food safe, the one painted in the pic below served as a res for Airpot SIP I had designed.
The hole is where the shut off float was mounted. The clear one makes the cover.
And Monster tape.
Keeping a 5 gallon pot of water on the wood stove keeps the Zam pots warm long after the fire is out.

They don’t hold paint well though, even the made for plastics paints.

6 Likes

How longs the drive to location?

1 Like

Nearly 5 hrs.
It’s a haul that my own body is beginning to object to, let alone baby plants.
Road construction season is just beginning too.

1 Like

That’s a haul. The one I grew was vigorous AF so I don’t think you will lose any if they have the same trend.

2 Likes

I always fear getting pulled over by the fuzz(lol) when transporting.
Even though we’re legal, cops can be jerks at time.

1 Like

Its not like your transporting product intended to sell. Just drive the way you always do bro.

1 Like

You mean like a maniac?
lol
Nearly 50 yrs behind the wheel has made me a student of trusting my intuition on the road.
If I really have to be somewhere, the speed limit is just a suggestion.
But you’re right, I plan on a smooth, enjoyable ride, weather permitting… which is also something I pay attention to. We had freaking snow last night!

Still, moving sizable plants is something that I have little experience with yet might happen later on this grow.

2 Likes

Only clones. I never try to move whole plants unless I have no time to take clones.

2 Likes

Plan B
Thanks very much! I can’t believe why I never thought of that.
I’d shake my head but might send some rocks flying.

2 Likes

Well nothing to report on w/the potted up Zams. Other than they made a long trip unscathed.
Did plant 2 more seeds 5/15 one each in a 4" pot so 6 pots/seeds in all.
Pics later.

Some may remember this plant, Blue Diamond Philips from Moxie seeds, the only plant I took into lockdown.

Didn’t really have a place for her so she sat a couple months in front of my south facing doorwall, until today.

First got this 31 gal SIP for $50 at Menard’s

Then put it in a 4’x2’x6’ mylar tent I thought was supposed to only be 5’ tall

This tent is being pressed into service early, was supposed to be for my retirement…
Board is there for trial fit.

Folgers can fixed to the intake of my external carbon filter.

7 way screwin splitter
1 24-watt 5000k
6 15-watt 2700k

3’ plant copping a lean,
Heating mat in place,

Hopefully this is sufficient to keep her warm through the unheated garage temps the tent is in.
This is 45°N.

TAFN.

7 Likes

They made it ok then?

1 Like

Yeah they’re not even up from the ground.
Been 8 days or so, not very encouraging.
That doubled up Sterilite container worked well.

3 Likes