StarDawg, Grape Ape, DeathStar in Octo’s

:heart: :heart:

1 Like

F1’s fine then…no way im endangering my ladies, would ruin my day!

What you want back, I’m clean, you can have cuts or seeds. You should try my Haze, watch the 2 in my run, they should impress.

1 Like

Hey @Joker Hope it’s cool if I hang out. Just got some of these.

1 Like

The more the merrier @GREANDAL. My hope is maybe one of my mistakes can help someone else out!!

2 Likes

It was definitely a learning experience!! Will have a small quarantine tent set up here soon for any incoming clones.

1 Like

@Jetdro There are 9 seeds left, fem seeds. Your’e welcome to them. Only thing I ask, IF you keep one as a mom, and I ever lose mine, that you would send a clone of her back.

Just let me know. Not big on trades. Would much rather freely give with no expectations. If you have cuts later, I would gladly take some. But I am old enough to know that trades don’t always work out so well! Just my 2 cents.

14 Likes

Clones have been in the Octo’s for 4 days now. All doing well. Have 2-3 where the top leaves are now more horizontal. Some roots have found some moisture. The rest are still a little droopy. But I did not have the flop that is common in the first week in the Octo’s. Don’t know if it’s because I cupped them for a week or it’s @Jetdro’s new idea for watering during transplant. Either way I am happy!!

I expect new growth from at least those 3 in the next 3-4 days. And then the fun begins!!

Still trying to decide HOW I’m going to grow these 3 strains. I know that the StarDawg is a flopper. I’m a short fat old guy and hanging yo-yo’s in the middle of a 5x5, around lights, fans can be a pain in the ass!!

Tried a trellis once, but trimming below the net on the inside middle two was again a pain in the ass!! Trying to control the growth in the Octo’s is your biggest challenge.

Here’s a couple pics.

StarDawg

Grape Ape

Whole tent

24 Likes

That is very good. I will keep an eye open for Chris.

:green_heart: :seedling:

5 Likes

It used to smell like a sweaty gym sock all through the grow. Now that’s it’s jarred I’m getting more of a sweeter smell. I’m hoping to let it go through a 3 month cure or longer…if I can keep my hands off it until then.

2 Likes

Horsebadorites makes those, like, personal trellis things for his pots (I think he uses bamboo), where each pot has its own separate trellis. I’m sure other people do that, too, but he’s who I think of when I think of them. I dunno if that’d be any easier than just hanging a trellis across the whole thing, but it might be something to consider. I’ve considered doing it myself, actually, but I’m lazy haha. I always just use stakes and floral tape. I don’t wanna build something if I don’t have to…

3 Likes

Thanks @minitiger. I will have to check those out.

2 Likes

@misterbee ONCE you unbox and get 3 weeks into flower your gonna want to kick yourself in the ass for NOT using these sooner :sunglasses: I agree 1000 % with jetdro

3 Likes

One main question…what’s the consensus on Soil composition? I have a handle on the Nutrients I’ll be using, but can’t decide on the soil-makeup. Inputs, PLEASE!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I use pro-mix and add perlite.

4 Likes

Sunshine 4 or pro mix hp is my dirt choice.

4 Likes

And @ShiskaberrySavior grows TREES!!

4 Likes

I was just thinking of bringing back my old tin box thread again !

4 Likes

I figured you’d be starting back up with fall coming in.

2 Likes

Ya procrastinating making seed choices gonna be a large selection of several strains getting picked out. Hopefully all around the same flower times .
Any day now once motivated.

3 Likes

Sunshine 4 or Promix with 25 % more perlite is what I like

4 Likes