Co-op Strain Donations and Breeder Match Ups

I’m not 100% sure, I saw some but yeah maybe they had MOQs that I didn’t want to drop that much cash on.

3 Likes

Yeah. The novelty definitely makes it a sellers market.

2 Likes

There are multiple seeds sprouting. They never continued on the one on the left. The first two are when I first went to eat the tomato. The third one is from tonight. The one sprout seems really happy. :joy:

Oh, I remember that it was Halloween day when I found it. I was calling them monster tomatoes, lol

23 Likes

That’s kinda cool. I read about seeds that sprout prematurely in the fruit. Tomatoes and strawberries are common examples. Something about a faulty gene that normally makes the seed dormant until certain conditions are met in the right steps. https://hoke.ces.ncsu.edu/2018/07/why-are-tomato-seeds-sprouting-inside-of-my-tomato/

5 Likes

I’ve had that happen. Only seen it a few times during the growing season, and I’ve seen it much more often on Bud’s that have made it through the winter Outdoors. The weird thing with tomato seeds is that they should be fermented before they will sprout.

6 Likes

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know I will be distributing my 2020 real seed co lebanese preservation. This is real seed co’s pure lebanese landrace. My stock was gathered on site in lebanon, and now it has been bred outdoor for 2 generations (2017, and 2020) with selection for low maintenance ease of growth and resistance to mildew and bud rot.

although the lebanese is still being sold by real seed co as an in house preservation, I have heard from members that the germ rate on this stock is just as low as the stock that was gathered on site.

I had to go through 25 seeds to get a total of 7 healthy plants for preservation. medical cannabis patients and small scale growers shouldn’t have to buy this many seeds just to get a single successful preservation grow.

Germ rates have been very good on my 2017 preservation, so I expect we will also have good results from my 2020 preservation.

with this said, if you grow out my lebanese and enjoy it, I would encourage you to support real seed co if possible. they do good work, angus is a great guy, and they get very important genetics out into the community.

I just want to make sure that these genetics stay viable and preserved within the community.

Right now the seeds are still drying. When they are ready, I will post an update here with a link to the signup.

These are a rustic and unrefined landrace, bred for dry sift hash production. The flowers smoke a bit harsh compared to modern hybrids, but this line is very medicinal. It is medicinal and useful for raw juicing, hash and concentrate production, and smoking. The males in this line also have useful cannabinoid content, and can be used with good effect for edibles or raw juicing.

Thanks everyone!

52 Likes

Please sign me up for a fresh batch, @zephyr
And Thank you!

13 Likes

That’s awesome. Thanks!

8 Likes

Wow. :star_struck: Thanks a lot for sharing these @zephyr! :vulcan_salute:
:guitar:

11 Likes

I’m gonna cut in line here also…Thanks for all your efforts, @zephyr, OG through & through!!! Only have a few left, but , what the heck!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :honeybee: :honeybee: SS/BW

9 Likes

Man, this kind of stuff @zephyr are what champions are made of and is inspirational you contagious, count me in too!

Hope one day I can try my hand at breeding and also share the love :clap:t2::bowing_man:t2:‍♂

6 Likes

This is a magnificent gift, @zephyr. Thank you for sharing your Lebanese seeds !

5 Likes

Hey @zephyr!

I’m blown away by the work you have put into this project, I’d be honoured to Hold and spread these genetics brother. :+1: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Hola Zephir

Count me in very interested in those

I had some but never poke out of the soil.

Bare

17 Likes

Thanks a lot for doing this. It’s a strain I’m quite interested in, good to see germ rates restored. Thanks a lot for your preservation work!

7 Likes

Thanks tons @zephyr! This will be a nice one to have. We sure smoked a lot of Lebanese hash in the 70’s. Best vibes on this latest harvest. peace

6 Likes

@zephyr I do recall the great Lebanese hash with fond memories. I would also be interested and thanks for doing this.
Wondering how long did you have to flower those for them to finish?

6 Likes

i would like a ten pack, when your set pm me we can talk

5 Likes

Im in if available @zephyr

Thanks a million

6 Likes

I’d also wouldn’t mind having that in the vault if there’s extras . Thanks zephyr.

5 Likes