Strainaholics Anonymous meeting

Clones I got yesterday are perking up and in quarantine

17 Likes

I’m back again, wasn’t feeling like this New Year was going to well. Waiting on our Jordan of The Islands order, getting impatient. So I figured, fuk it, Great Lakes Genetics here I am. Pillow Book, Cosmic Serpent, Lazy Lightning as a freebie.As an excuse to having a fresh new year maybe I should freshin up my game a bit !
H8 to come in here pouring my problems on you guys, but HEY isn’t that wut this group is for :nerd_face:

10 Likes

Got Pillow Book myself and excited to run it. :beers:

3 Likes

I keep putting Pillow Book and then either Sunshine Queen or Strawberry Headband in the cart, then i close the tab… lol. So many times now

3 Likes

slip a pack? these might be a deal :wink:

5 Likes

Wtf is it the original pack?!?

3 Likes

@Seamonkey84 Wtf is it the original pack?!?

it is :slight_smile: it waters itself, pays it’s own power bills, trims and drys itself

and for that price it will go down on you if need be

that is what is killing seeds :frowning:

make beans and share them

Dequilo

9 Likes

Wow… well if your a cultivar you’ll get your money back, I’ll buy a clone of the selected female lol
Speaking of… I gotta call the place that has clones of Sensi Star and ask about the lineage. It’s only a 2hr drive to get there

2 Likes

I don’t understand people sometimes lol

Availability: In stock

4 Likes

Its a remake not the original

5 Likes

@OleReynard Bingo!!! just not a 10000 dollar pot worth to this Junkie :wink:

3 Likes

I was just about to ask if it’s the same as the one from early 2000s

2 Likes

I would not pay 10k for seeds for any cannabis strain unless it was part of a business plan with investors and confirmed genetics

5 Likes

Exactly, as a cultivator, having the original compared to the remake will give an edge over competitors. Plus it’s a strain that isn’t around as much anymore and I remember it being amazing. Damnit, gotta call that place on Monday lol.
I’m getting Sensi Star from JOTI but it’s not the same either.

5 Likes

I know that I would not :slight_smile: when you get over a couple of bucks a seed I am out

unless I need it and I will wait for a sale :slight_smile:

make beans and share them

Dequilo

6 Likes

Problem with making seeds with most things you get won’t give you the same plants. They’re not stabilized to heirloom genetics. They’re all hybrids.

3 Likes

exactly, which is why I think it is crazy to pay $10k for seeds - they could all be dead on arrival. I am an old hippie, so the thought of paying high dollar for cuttings is crazy to me, but these days I can understand it I suppose, but paying that kind of money for seeds, which are an unknown factor - could be fire, could be mids - is a huge gamble

6 Likes

@Seamonkey84 that is why for what I am about to do for myself I have a bunch of mixed

seeds C99 mix, Durban mix I know what the mix is but will have no real honest to goodness

way of telling which is which

I will pick the best and make beans for myself to work farther with

I am really local to produce a local cultivar to share with folks fro m my region

that works with our weather

sadly I for one do not have your Knowledge on Plant Genetics in Cannabis :frowning: I need to learn

but I can and will

but I can pick a good female out as well as the next grower so that is what I will do

the same for a male

and I will make F1s to start and freely give them away

so I will make beans and share

Dequilo

6 Likes

It is, its an f4 or f5 dont remember, f5 rings a bell thou.

1 Like

Yea f5, I remember you saying that. But if they were selective to a good phenotype with their breeding, I’m sure they will be decent. I’ve heard great things about JOTI, and how their plants are all very uniform from seed.

I’m just a geek, done some lite reading on the subject. About to do my first pollen chucks.

2 Likes