Strawberry Cough came from Black Afghani

EZ Widow 20 day 45 looking and smelling amazing!!!

2 Likes

5 Likes

I had to toss the fake jiffies from amazon that always stayed acidic caused delay here’s 4 healthy ones now.

4 Likes

Hell yeah! Those are looking nice and healthy! The plant leaves pictured in the bottom right looks very similar to the father Ebenezer(Afghani black skunk). Expect a longer flowering period, and anthocyanins during flower. I thought the dark purpling was solely from the black Balkhi gene in the Critter Trap49, but my “rec berries” are pretty purple too😁. Even though father Ebenezer only had thin purpling stripes down a few pollen sacs during flower.

7 Likes

Nice sounds exciting. Guess ill collect pollen if its a keeper. One stem rub smells like Cough medicine but this usually changes.
Is the father a narrow leaf indica hybrid?

1 Like

It seems the progeny have more of the primitive serrations compared to the dad. Dad had serrations more like Mac1. That’s why I made that first selection. But I am a stoner, and my gf helped me shuck too sometimes. If you happen to find a really narrow leaf Sativa, it’s likely a mix-up, and is OTV (blue dream x Afghani Black Skunk). I did the best I could to keep them separate, and the blue dream cross seeds look mostly like little footballs in comparison to the others. But I’m only only human, so there’s always a small chance for error.

This one was the male I used for additional crossing. EZ Widow 28. I didn’t want to keep anything sweet, and originally culled him. But the stem was so sticky I decided to toss it in the cloner instead of the trash. It rooted fast and hard, and revegged in around a month. He passed all sorts of stress testing, but the germination rates were only around 65%. I was told this could happen crossing into a fem line. So be prepared for that when making selections. Select more than one male. They have great resistances, but watch germination rates. Both parents were fast to clone too, as well as the progeny of that line. That male Ebenezer I used passed on some frost. No complaints on anything hit with him except a runted EZ Glue (gg4 x Afghani black skunk).
Added: father had a spicy stem rub. Progeny showed strawberry and lime.

2 Likes

No it’s not BD, these leaves still have spade shape.
I just watered it and it’s in nap time so bit droopy now

The lil one twisted its stem somehow so not stunted just behind.

Glad i puttem in the sun they can use some green ima givem a light foliar of required nutes now that they are in their spurt.
Ok i just saw veg pics of bd so i have no idea until flower anyways. Ima sexem in window maybe in 2 weeks

2 Likes

Also the mom had a candied licorice or a rhubarb smell. Run a bit longer she would get musty. Also, sometimes when you cross flavors they do not mix well. My growmie hit a Road Dawg with a Mango Biche dominant Dreadbread, and a tester said 3 out of 6 “smelled like you trud in dog shit.” :joy: so I have dogshit seeds too. Meanwhile I picked a great pheno Cheesebread no.2 that was made with the same male. Funny how that works sometimes. -edited for correcting spelling errors

1 Like

Bro if i dont get any Straberranene terps ima hire mr brovloski.

2 Likes

I know it’s in there. I had a concord cream plant next to my ez widow 20, and they don’t smell anything alike. Early in flower she smelled more berry, but it has changed towards the end. Plus, Critter Trap 64 smelled like a sweaty beach girl with a strawberry body spray. But because of that damn Balkh shitty cloning gene, I lost that one. But if strawberry is in EZ Widow and Critter Trap, it has to be from the male.

1 Like

Fort Myers beach Florida. But before the red tide comes in.:joy: I dunno, but the smell of Critter Trap 64 reminded me of when a drunk sand covered floozy comes from off the beach and sits in your lap at the bar. But she has that body spray to cover up the fact she was just playing volleyball on the beach.

1 Like

I was always under the impression KKSC came from a garden in Vermont, kushman brought clones home from this grower, he didn’t even know they had strawberry terps till he got home and opened the box. Haze x afghani is what I had believed to be true, which haze or ghani I don’t know.

I worked a strawberry line from selfed KKSC, seeds came from heavens stairway, golden eyes did the self. There were mustached females in um, those I used to continue the line. Presently at F8, did a F9 with a he/she male, didn’t turn out at all. Many ,many outcrosses with the SCreme line over the years, 20 yrs in this line there abouts.

3 Likes

I am from New England, and there is a famous Vermont strain named Strawberry Fields that was held by an old hippie for decades, growing with his strawberries. It was an early finisher with existing strawberry terps that he claimed were intensified by the complementary planting. I’ve heard people posit that it was probably an Erdbeer x Afghan since the Erdbeer was a common pink and strawberry strain that finished early and was very cold resistant. It seems like a ton of the old outdoor Northern strains from New England had some Erdbeer or Friesland (Balochi) blended in for their speed and cold tolerance.

2 Likes

Seedfinder actually has a surprisingly detailed history of the Strawberry Cough: Info about the clone-only cannabis strain "Strawberry Cough" :: SeedFinder :: Strain Info

Hashhands called Strawberry Fields a Nepali indica x sativa (Hash Hands is now Green Mountain Genetics, posts as The HashMan over at ICMAG):

4 Likes

Darkheart has a starberry caugh From Kyle
The min its available in So cal im grabbing 1 for the future .
I always loved growing strawberry caugh

2 Likes

Please go get me like 30 or so, I’m up in the 805, ill be down shortly for them! :joy: :rofl:

But seriously, happy I found a supplier for them.

1 Like

Rub on one of the phenos smells like my strawbery melatonin gummies on my fingers.
Recyoself313 should be unbanned.

I got clones rooted and should make s1s with the yummy phenos for sure.
Test grow these were sexed so ignore stretched base. Pheno 2 also more rigid.
https://growdiaries.com/video/5717460

3 Likes

20220806_183448

6 Likes

Well i lost the clone but kept a keepe male pollen of black widow from firehead…
Anyone source black afghani or i guess a berry pheno dark afghan would do?

Hi, just check out my Mazar I Shariff strawberry line history and education! :sunglasses:

1 Like