Strawberry Cough came from Black Afghani

Pretty sure I just got flagged on IG for saying Strawberry Cough came from Black Afghani. I’ve been saying this for a little bit, and no one will acknowledge it. My EZ Widow 20 (white widow x Afghani black skunk) is legit strawberry, tart and sweet, grown in the dirt. Not some artificial strawberry like the Cough. Said I’m letting out a few cuts to show how awesome my strawberry terps are. Said once I move to FL, they will no longer be available. I got 3 likes and one comment before getting flagged. What the hell man? Was it revealing the genes of the cough, or trying to get my cuts out there?

16 Likes

I grew Strawberry Cough back in the day and I’m pretty sure it was a clone only strain…

9 Likes

Not exactly sure how anyone on OG can tell you why you got flagged on IG. I don’t even use it to be honest so have no idea of the rules.

9 Likes

Maybe someone reported Black Afghani as racist?

16 Likes

It is known that Kushman took an Afghani, and crossed to Something else to make the Cough. I’m calling it out now, it was White Widow.

2 Likes

IG has been down for an hour, are you sure you got flagged?

4 Likes

Ha! That would make sense. I guess we’ll have to see. :joy:

1 Like

I could be wrong but pretty sure I heard that the first plant was gifted to him. Didn’t think he knew what the parents were. That could have all changed by now. :grin:

7 Likes

He knew it was an Afghan. Prolly didn’t know which one at the time.

3 Likes

Are you STILL up for gifting Cuts? SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

9 Likes
1 Like

Not really sure how you could know that SC was WW x Afghani without being the one who made it. Its all speculation at that point.

10 Likes

Absolutely. As long as you understand that I am at day 253 of IPM for russet mites. So quarantine is advisable, although parents are/were separated from my personal quarantined plants. Will post pics of parents if you want. I’m not trying to compete with SC. SC prolly has a better yield, but I bet mine has better terps. :grin: Also, there are 2 other states with my genetics in them. So soon they will find their keepers, and this will be my breeder cut. My genetics are also in Saipan as well. They loved the seeds of this! They described theirs as strawberry and berry jam.

2 Likes

These are the cuts I took.

4 Likes

This is the momma plant. Just induced her 2 days ago.

3 Likes

ANY Clones/cuts automatically get the “3-Week Isolation Treatment”, NO EXCEPTIONS!! In a day or so, I’ll get back with an Address. I’m located in Maine, USA. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes: NOTE: SUPER THANKS!!

4 Likes

Absolutely. I don’t know if it was white widow, but I know for a fact it was black Afghani. Just thinking from a breeders stand point. The availability of the genetics at that time. How could you bring out the exact terps, not knowing what the lineage is? Go for something neutral. Haze doesn’t make sense to me.

2 Likes

strawberry cough was Tennessee Cough x erdbeer. The Tennessee cough was brought to Amsterdam, and later crossed to erdbeer (german for “strawberry”) which was held by an artist collective there. This is well documented and well known.

I’m not sure why your post was deleted, but you are making a guess based on a similar terpene profile you found in unrelated genetics.

16 Likes

That’s third story I’ve heard about the cough😂

3 Likes

The guy who brought the Tennessee Cough to Amsterdam has had work published in high times over the years, including detailed articles on how to utilize rick simpson oil in cancer treatments. He has survived repeated battles with brain cancer and is a respected member of the medical cannabis community in portland oregon.

11 Likes