Strength of homemade liquid organic fertilizer using ec meter?

organic-farming

I dont have any expensive lab equipment but i do have a cheepo chinese PH and EC meter.

my idea was that i measure ec level on tap water and then on premix ready to use Biobizz organic nutrient water so i know the ec of a ready to use batch.
then dilute my diy nutrient until i reach same ec level as the ready to use solution store bought fertilizer.
And that way find out how much my homemade can be diluted?
i currently have a big 200 liter/50 gallon plastic barrel with a dead fox ( story short, it killed some of my chickens but then the dogs caught and killed it), wood ash from the stove, compost soil, sugar, pickled red cabbage ( Laptic Acid Bacterie), milk and rice ( LAB) and later im going to add stinging nettles and seaweed.
But it would be nice to know how strong it turns out when its finish fermented
Hopefully i can determine that using my EC meter?

5 Likes

Haha don’t mess with this guy …… or you end up fermenting in a barrel

Pretty sure I watched a movie recently that was very similar @Foreigner

7 Likes

There is already a Fox based commercial fertilizer.

2 Likes

This is like shooting foxes in a barrel.

That’s all I got for now.

3 Likes

Haha funny

Rackin my brain too : )

2 Likes

It’s still early.

To the OP, sorry, I can’t do much for you here not my area expertise.

But instead of trying to do the math I’d just trial and error. 1/2 strength, 3/4 strength whatever.

I don’t trust the cheapo meters anyway. Not one bit. And the drops probably won’t work for you because I imagine your solution is going to be fairly dark in colour.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Yeah, i might to to do trial and error test when its finished fermenting.
Yes, that shitty fox killed 3 of my chickens in the morning and was stupid enough to try his luck again. In the evening.
But now he can repay by making my cannabis plants bigger since he is the reason i have less eggs in the morning and i always get grumpy when i dont have my share of egg and bacon to start my day.

I also found inspiration for my new slogans:

CLBA seeds.
Genetics to die for.

CLBA seeds.
Created by nature.
Literally!

CLBA seeds.
Not Fox Organic, but organic fox

:joy::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong here…Since it’s from different sources, Couldn’t you end up in a situation where the ec is similar but the actual strength of the solution could be way off from the biobizz comparison?

also I looked for the dilution rate of 1 fermented fox and it looks like you might be on your own :joy:

3 Likes

Yup, ec is only a good comparison for like for like, or very close, and in the end its just a gauge to go from for feeding with the plants telling you more or less or whatever they need

2 Likes

EC means electrical conductivity. It’s really meant to approximate content of salts and minerals in a solution. Salts dissociate into cations and anions in solution, which increases the electrical conductivity.

Only some organic nutrients really follow this chemistry. Carbon containing ingredients usually don’t decompose without microbial activity, while potassium sulfate will.

I wouldn’t trust it to be remotely accurate for what you’re trying to do.

4 Likes

Yes, fermented fox.
1:100 or 1:500?
No one knows
:rofl:

1 Like

Thank you for explaining.
Its much like what i expected but in new to the Organics

1 Like