Stretching my Legs outdoors (get it?)

Finally caught up here! Garden looking good man. It’s hard for me to see realize the size of those plants in the photos. I notice that with my pics too. I’m trying to figure out a way to take a picture of something typical beside the plants so ppl can compare. When I look at the photos of my plants in my thread they don’t look that large but they’re absolute monsters in person. Anyway, I’m glad I found your outdoor thread. Should be an exciting fall.

I had the same thought man, hard to get a sense of scale in the photos, maybe I’ll stand my toddler next to em for reference :joy::joy::joy: welcome to the thread brother​:v:t2::heart:

1 Like

Couple photos I snapped last night of the girls:

I ended up just pruning the meristem on the Stop Lights as it was really reaching over the top of the 6’ stakes, now a couple others are threatening to do the same so I may do some more pruning here to get a more manageable height before flower is induced. Hit both of these girls with safers last night to keep the leaf hoppers at bay. I’ve been noticing spots on the PKxUHP that I worry might be PM, which isn’t the greatest sign for flowering if I’m right, I’ll be hitting them again this week with Dr. Zymes to handle that problem, kinda hoping I’m wrong there, but if not it looks like this one won’t be the northeast outdoor variety that I’d hoped it was. PM resistance is quickly making its way to the top of the list for varieties to run outdoors here, along with cold tolerance. Beyond those typical hiccups everything is cruising along, days are getting cooler and shorter here so I’m expecting to see the first pistil start to show up soon, I got a buddy down the road who’s outdoor plants are already showing little cotton balls at all thier bud sites so we should be getting down to it here shortly as well. Hope y’all are doing good out there. :v:t2::heart:

14 Likes

Alright y’all got a little update here. We’re officially starting into flower here! Snuck out this morning to take some shots of the girls and noticed the some pistils poking out, couldn’t be more stoked:
PKxUHP:

Stop Lights:

We’ve been getting some really wet weather around here the past couple days so i ordered some supplies to throw hoops over these gals when they really start putting on weight and need to be protected from late season rains. I noticed this morning that the Stop Lights was showing some yellowing on some of her mid level interior fans, which has me worried about the nutrients available in the soil. I top dressed today with some fish bone meal to boost the necessary flowering nutrients over time, but I will also start hitting them with some fish hydrolysate, which should provide some immediately available nitrogen and other goodies into the mix to help with that, also planning on top dressing with a layer of compost as soon as I can get to the store to buy some. lots to keep up on but the show is just starting here, fall is right around the corner now. Hope everyone is well out there. Much love :heart::v:t2:

12 Likes

beautiful plants man :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal:

3 Likes

Thank you my friend, I wish I could get rid of the damned leaf hoppers and caterpillars but they’re around every year, they are overall very happy, hoping I can keep em that way till harvest time

3 Likes

Yeah buddy! Bring on the show!!! :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

My Sour D x Sweet Skunk is the hungriest plant I’ve ever grown. I just emptied an entire bottle of fish hydroslate into her among a bunch of other stuff as I’m sure you’ve read in my thread. Your plants are looking stellar though buddy :+1:

I agree that I this time of year is bitter sweet but I’m really looking forward to everyone’s grows starting to flower out.

1 Like

I am watching too!
Happy to see the Stop Light run! Sitting on a flip of them, plus the rest of JPS’s PPP crosses. First one I have seen in a journal.

To fat buds, buddy!
:robot:

3 Likes

All looking good there @LegsMahoney !!
Really excited for this StopLight show as well :star_struck:
How tall is she now?

3 Likes

Fuck dude, hard tellin’ not knowin’ I should go out there and throw a tape on her to see for sure. I took off the tallest tops a couple weeks ago because she had grown over top of the 6’ stakes she’s got supporting her, so at least that tall

4 Likes

I really need to get my outdoor game in check before next season. Ill live vicariously through you till my day comes :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m here for you brother

2 Likes

Today was full blown yard work day, neglected everything last week with the wife and I out galavanting around for her birthday so today was time to knuckle down. This next week is gonna be a gnarly one, wife is off working onsite for a majority of the week leaving me to be single daddy, and I took some freelance work that has a first deliverable due next Friday so today was the day to get shit done cause next week will likely be a wash. Decided to get the hoops up so that I’m ready to throw up plastic when bud sets start forming and the rain sets in. Doesn’t look half bad if I do say so myself:

Went ahead and threw a tape in the PKxUHP, she’s a little over 5’ at her crown:

The stop lights would’ve had her beat easy if I hadn’t chopped all her tallest tops to keep her under control, honestly don’t want either of em getting much bigger or they’ll be too tall for the hoops, usually I scrog between the stakes that support the PVC but I decided this year to try staking instead, time will tell if that was a good call or not, I have a feeling the stop lights might jump up on me again in these first few weeks of flower.

The real impressive sight is the intermodal spacing on the tops of the PKxUHP:

That’s aboot a foots worth of nodes that, if I’m correct, should fill in to be one long ass cola come harvest time. A cool sight, but a daunting one when dealing with outdoors, rot could be an issue, time will tell. The stop lights nodes are a bit more stretched out at the moment but I expect to see them start to tighten up.

That’s it for me for now, sitting on the patio in tie dye undies drinking miller lites after the gnarly day of yard work. Love each and every one of you out there. Be good y’all! :heart::heart::v:t2::call_me_hand:t2::wave:t2:

16 Likes

Right on, love the plant raiser platform. I’m going to remember that. Peace :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal:

3 Likes

Hacky solution to a property with almost no level ground haha

5 Likes

It Works ^^^^ as good as anything :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So here’s what the bud set looked like a couple days ago on the PKxUHP. I’ve got some pollen stored up that I pulled off the #2 to hit a few branches and make some more seeds. What does everybody think? Should I wait another week or two for more pistils/larger bud to pollinate? Or hit it now?

10 Likes

Hoooweee that stoplights cola is going to be xxx rated! They all look great dude :sunglasses:

I’m by no means an expert but I think I’d wait on dusting that PK.

2 Likes

@legsmahoney your plants are looking my-te-fine. One question for you. I have a 7’-8’ SSDD growing outside and in the PNW it’s going to start the rainy season around the second week October. Your hoops would be perfect for my gal. Where could I get some of you don’t mind?

Mine started showing flowering pistils a week ago

5 Likes

Just check temps…we’re sitting at 45deg here on the mid-coast of Maine this morning.
That’s going to slow things down a bit, but luckily it’s a short dip, overnight lows back in the high 50’s going forward.
Guessing things will stall for a day, maybe. I just finished my 3rd bed out back, 4X12X3’, will be doing soil amendments now, might plant some garlic for over the winter. Too late to put much else in there now.
The first two I filled by buckets/shovel. Neighbor had borrowed a friend’s tractor, so this one went a bit quicker :slight_smile:
Left the corner posts at 6’, so I can adapt a cover if needed at some point.

Grow long…

Lob

7 Likes