Sun Grown Bud Is Better

IDK man going through that study they grew a plant in blue LED light and it grew all crappy compared to the mixed and white spectrum. Sheeeiit I could have told you that.

CMH grows denser than HPS…but that doesn’t mean sun grown is somehow better. In fact that study had nothing to do with the sun at all. Leaf morphology doesn’t either.

3 Likes

For sure. I guess one of my more general “tldr” take aways from the above is that: There is without a doubt a causal correlation between morphological changes in plant growth and the spectrum of light they receive. Therefor, plants grown under the sun will experience different growth than those grown under lights. The spectrum output of lights is often monochromatic, and even with more complex setups, never identical to the sun.

I’d be interested to see whether people can tell the difference between clones grown in/outdoors on a double-blind “taste test” study; you have to eliminate the placebo effect, especially with something psychoactive like this. If you enjoy growing outdoors more, you’re probably going to enjoy your outdoor-grown bud more, but do you still enjoy it more when you don’t know which is which?

2 Likes

Frenchy Cannoli Quote from Forbes Interview- Public in Google Docs:
Indoor vs. Outdoor
FC: “I don’t have to think long about that one. Collecting live resin from wild cannabis plants on my bare hands in remote valleys at the feet of the Himalayas has been by far the most engaging and extraordinary experience of my life.”
I see it’s probably our hippie magical beliefs, but there the only ones I’ve ever had.

6 Likes

Wow agreed on all points🙂

1 Like

Hmm…interesting thread . I grew a monster outdoors this year & got a clone of it inside 1 week into flower , so…it will be the very same genetics as the out door one. Time will tell me which is better for my metabolism .

4 Likes

Was listening to mean gene’s second potcast this morning and he mentioned how in the 90’s indoor sold for less than outdoor in norcal and was less desirable :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I use to always say outdoor was better, (stronger). But now I’m not so sure about that… I will say that one or two strains I grew outside this year will knock you unconscious while smoking it. My most flavorful smoke has been indoor weed. It’s kind of hard to tell for me because in my neck of the woods if there is something truly special going around chances are you won’t even get to try it. I’m growing my first legit indoor plant right now, the right way… I really won’t have a real definitive answere until I try what I have going on inside… All I can do is guess right now and say if my indoor turns out better then my outdoor I’ll come back here and tell about it…

3 Likes

1 Like

Indoor Barney’s Acapulco Gold

Outdoor Barney’s Acapulco Gold washed with lemon juice water when harvested

And both together

12 Likes

Hell yea!! That looks like some primo primo!

THe outdoor is more attractive to me :slight_smile:
I’ve always always been the outdoor guy in my area lol

2 Likes

the outdoor has me drooling :drooling_face: how’s the smoke? @TestOfOath

2 Likes

The best to this day i have ever smoked was grown from Carlos Santana
His Mirayo indica strain called Centered is hands down so flavorsome so smooth an clean .

3 Likes

Mellow and earthy with hints of what I recognize as cheese cause of a specific plant I grew once, I can’t speak to the high unless it’s my first smoke of the day, I can let ya know tomorrow if you’re interested

6 Likes

A picture is worth a thousand words…Usually

2 Likes

I absolutely agree the sun will create better more nuanced weed. the only issue is where you live, some places where the environment is not ideal and your not growing suitable genetics, the weed can suffer all around. if most cases, outdoor is the shit and I highly prefer it.

4 Likes

there are worse things than weekend wake n bakes.

vapor or combustion?

2 Likes

The curious thing to me is when dealers seasonally had outdoor I was never that into it… my own outdoor, however, I love. This includes the best dealer I ever had, whose wares were always pretty top notch.

4 Likes

I’ll be damned if I’m not the most forgetful mfer ever… Forget my ass if it was on top of my neck.

Was running late for my hour drive to work this morning and forgot all about this so a weekend wake n bake is what it’ll end up being …if I can remember :joy: also I never got into vaping weed cause I haven’t found a good vaporizer, I just do joints, bowls, bongs and dabs, joints have the most flavor to me

What’s everyone’s opinions on which looks better? I’m only missing green and some short wavelength UV from more or less mimicking the sun

6 Likes

I have HPS and Led, haven’t even use them yet. Outdoors all day every day. Indoor weed smokes like mids to me or the chemicals give me a headache.

6 Likes