Super soil & water quality

Yes, I also haven’t understand that comment, that should be “included your water ppm” IMHO, as there are many differences between water ppm’s (mine’s 70 ppm) and those are already nutrients and minerals for the plant.

Anyway it is safer giving less nutrients and then give more if you see deficiencies than recovering from a nutrient burn, that’s for sure … :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Ok, so a bit of an update. Sorry for being gone, been travelling during the week.

So, now I dont think it’s my soil. Could still be the water, but I’m doubting that. My veggies outside are doing great with the same soil and water. That leads my to believe it’s the light.

I know I said the light wasnt the problem, but thats because I just bought an LED and thought I was in business. I haven’t educated myself enough on new lights since I’ve only ever used HPS, so I know next to nothing. Bought a viparspectra 600 and took my seedlings from under a flourescent to that. And they basically stop growing under the vipar. I have both the veg & bloom switches flipped bc thats what it said in the manual I got.

I plan to read up more on LEDs, so not looking for any crazy explanation, but really is it the vipar? Are they really just shit amd the wrong wavelength of light?

3 Likes

They should grow under it, even if it’s slowly, how many watts does it draw from the wall.

1 Like

On the light it says LED power 600w. Actual power is 260w

2 Likes

Just wondering what height you’ve got it from the canopy?

2 Likes

Roughly 24"
If its the light, I dont think intensity is the issue. Could it be that the spectrum is just no good? Or should I be only using the veg switch and not both the veg & bloom?

2 Likes

I don’t think it much matters if the light is the issue where both switch’s are flipped or not! Veg is veg adding flowering spectrum shouldn’t cause a issue!

Post a pic of how there looking 24 inches should be fine even 18 should be a safe distance.

A friend of mine is running a cheap China led supposed to be a 1000 watt no separate veg bloom switch running at 18/20 inches off the canopy and plants are looking almost as good as a hps grown plant ,temp and humidity are both on the low end of things 75 degree and 45 percent humidity.

Just courious do you have any other light source you could add to see if it makes a difference? Stick them in a sunny window for a few days see if any change happens that would give a idea if the light is the problem ?

2 Likes

Could you post some pics? That would be helpful … :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yeh that should be close to a 600w equivalent. As Shishkaberry says, it wont matter what you have it set too, to make any difference.

1 Like