Support Overgrow through Patreon

Sorry but I wouldn’t like to see Overgrow name next to some openly fascist campaigners…

4 Likes

We’ve got tons of new people in the last 30 days so I thought this deserved a bump. If you love OG, toss a few bucks a month to show your support :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I was PM’ing with @LemonadeJoe a week or so ago, and we were tossing an idea around. I think it needs to come out.

We wanted to increase Patreon subscription support for OG.

Incentives my boy (girls too)!

As a chucker of pollen, I have some things I would be willing to offer and I know @Muleskinner has also generously offered to support this notion.

So what are we talking about.

Joe suggested a lottery and thread with exclusive access to Patreon supporters, which is a good idea. I would also like to have a welcome kind of thing.

So, I was hoping to attract the attention of some of the more respected breeders on the site as well. It seems that the pollen chuckers could take care of the Newbie gifts and the breeders might be able to handle the monthly lottery prizes. This way, we have more people involved in making it grow, and we share the gift giving part.

Any other thoughts as to how can we make it Overgrow?

99%

10 Likes

so you’re saying there would be weekly and monthly drawings for seed giveaways and then certain members would mail seed packs to the winners. Sounds good to me.

5 Likes

Almost, there would be a door prize for new arrivals and a monthly lottery for those who are inside the exclusive use thread, or something along these lines. Could do a weekly for newbies.

This is my latest… Please improvise.

2 Likes

I can donate at least 1000 seeds in 3-4 months if that helps.

4 Likes

This is beautiful.

I sure hope we can get things organized.

I am not sure how a lottery would be set up, and new members will have to be identified somehow?

I think we may be ready for some admin help @LemonadeJoe.

Sure like to hear from other established breeders too!

I’m watching closely :slight_smile: we are just at the stage of brainstorming … nothing solid.
and I’m open to any ideas (or criticism) :slight_smile:

We can get list of e-mail addresses of our supporters from Patreon which we use to pair their account here on OG. Maybe amount of pledged dollars should provide number of lottery tickets.

4 Likes

Why not try getting the donor seeds 1st , then L-joe can sort out ( with others help…) , who gets what- maybe even a lottery ticket for every dollar :dollar: donated like @LemonadeJoe mentioned or random number generator etc… good luck and any other ideas are welcome.!
Gaz

1 Like

How do we control people from getting multiple accounts in order to get door prizes many times or something… U know…

1 Like

If they want to give, I want to give.

99%

1 Like

They’d still have to sign up with Patreon and they don’t get anything til they donate two months in a trot to Overgrow and the more they donate- the more they get back.?!
I don’t think many people will bother go to this length ( and create multiple accounts), unless genuinely supporting Overgrow.!

So the lottery thing has great potential for more peeps donating to our great site.!
Do a trial period @LemonadeJoe, im sure lots of members & breeders will donate some seeds as gifts :gift:.!? Happy growing …
Gaz

2 Likes

What about people like me
donated £10 1 month then nothing for a month
dont we get entry?

Could it not be 1 entry per £$orE paid
scrap the door prize but have a free raffle for newbs that join that month

2 Likes

I already feel like i’ve won the lottery here, The generosity of the members here has helped me build a strain collection, and i’ve passed this love on so hard an fast that i’m almost outta seeds again haha.

Best subscription price i’ve ever had the pleasure of paying lol, that’s sayin a lot too lol.

5 Likes

@Jellypowered I agree didnt mean to bitch about it
Well worth the donation

2 Likes

Oh I was typing mine as you musta been typing yours, I didn’t even see yours I was just responding to comments above :smiley:

That’s what I get for having slow internet lol.

2 Likes

Oh ok, so it’s only for patreon subscribers!? That changes everything. Silly me, sorry guys.

@MadScientist it’s just suggestions atm, im just brainstorming and bumping the thread somewhat… nothing is remotely sorted yet mate.

What other ways are there to support Overgrow.? I thought Patreon was/is the only way to support this site.?!

Anyway I hope you haven’t taken a “suggestion” as a personal attack - any other ideas :bulb: welcome bud…
Happy growing :zipper_mouth_face::dash:
Gaz

1 Like

only patreon or bitcoin donation so far as i know.

i like this idea of a patron only section on the forum. a monthly lottery is an interesting idea and i’m sure people would do random giveaways and stuff in the VIP section as well.

5 Likes

I signed up for $4.00 a month, not much i know but cash is tight just now. Not sure what email addy i used so you might not be able to identify me. Let me know if you cant work it out :thumbsup:

8 Likes