Support Overgrow through Patreon

Hello GumbyBuds, it surely does not (although it is preferred cause it provides us some certainty that we know that we can cover the costs). You can limit your pledge and adjust it flexibly in your Patreon account on month to month basis or just anytime you want.

Thanks for your support!!!

3 Likes

I believe that we have a BTC address for people who want to donate anonymously and you can just do it whenever you want. Just send an amount and let the big man know about it. Thanks.

4 Likes

Sure, you can support Overgrow with bitcoin too!

5 Likes

I get that, peice of mind is pricelessā€¦ Awesome, let me see what I can scroung up. Thanks guys

6 Likes

As iā€™ve been overwhelmed with positive responses to my content here, I will be supporting the site as well. Gotta put some money in the bank first, I usually keep it all as cash lol.

Edit: Support Completed. Long live OG.

7 Likes

here is the response i received from patreon. i provided the confirmation number for the initial transaction and asked them to track it down and ensure it goes to the proper creator. january should be without issue. thanks joe and team OG

4 Likes

The lack of static and negativity makes it worth my buck.
I cancelled a subscription to easyriders that just wasnā€™t interesting anymore and since I cancelled my satellite dish (due to the fact that modern tv just SUCKS) I figured this is a therapeutic investment.
I do miss Doctor Who though.

11 Likes

Give the author the Truth of the Day award.

4 Likes

Thank you guys! @Jellypowered, @legalcanada and @Morgwar ā€¦ It is binding for me to improve OG in the future!

I really appreciate it!

3 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Chat room (letā€™s chat!) :speech_balloon:

Youā€™re doing great dude! If we can keep the militant sponsors and the ā€œelitestā€ fanboys at bay. Us average Joeā€™s can grow and share in :v:

8 Likes

patreon sent an e-mail saying they are now charging the patron 2.9% plus $0.35 on top of the 5% plus transaction fees charged to the creator. so i pay $13.25 and you get maybe $8?

i canceled my pledge and i will donate directly with bitcoin or i will send it directly by paypal on the first of the month if thatā€™s ok @LemonadeJoe

2 Likes

Iā€™ve got that e-mail too and I like that new system is more transparent.

I donā€™t think you are calculating it correctly. We will get exactly 95% of every pledgeā€¦ For example ā€¦weā€™ll get $9.5 with your $10 pledge. That pledge has some transaction costs, you will be charged $10.64 (2.9% + fixed fee $0.35).

So it is actually more predictable than in past. Iā€™d happily pay 5% for aggregating and easy management of small donations. For example we can issue one invoice to our Tax Office per month instead of many bills for each small donation. We can also synchronize our supporters through programmable interface. It has great features that make my life as admin easier.

Sorry we donā€™t have paypal, but if you can use bitcoin then absolutely do it! You are welcome.

But Patreon is prefered, cause we can have steady support throughout the year.

Thanks a lot ! :thumbsup:

3 Likes

yes my calculation was off i did 29% instead of 2.9% LOL if you prefer patreon to bitcoin iā€™ll sign back up

i also understood it to be an additional fee and not restructuring of the old system. i understand now. thanks for clarifying.

i re-registered

2 Likes

I very much prefer Patreon, thank you very much for understanding and support!

4 Likes

Hey @LemonadeJoe,
As a supporter do we have to support a full 12 months before we get the end of year reward?

Iā€™ve got mine on automatic monthlys but I didnā€™t find out about OG being back until well into 2017 :confused:

3 Likes

Yes, Iā€™d like to send out seed package reward at the end of 12 months period. Thanks for your contribution!

I will send PM to supporters once they are eligible regarding shipping address.

4 Likes

Nice initiative! Congrats to all who support the best website around! Iā€™ll be keeping an eye out for the ā€œcare packageā€ tooā€¦

4 Likes

Hi joe I too already give a small amount monthly on Patreon , not noticed any reward thoughā€¦ lol.
Come on everyone- a dollar :dollar: a month plus 20cents tax is nothing, hopefully more will offer a $1 per month. Happy growing
Gaz

4 Likes

hatreon has lower feeā€™s and no censorship, if they ever shut it down

https://hatreon.net/about/