Tents full of happiness and love ft. Bodhi and friends

Kelp based micros and fulvic acid. :wink:

7 Likes

Well that blows… haha! Shit, I guess I won’t be buying OG Biowar anymore. I noticed they didn’t analyze either KIS or BioAg’s inoculant, I’d kind of like to see those results. I’ve got some of BioAg’s, haven’t used it in a while, though.

It’s kind of interesting that every product they did analyze that claimed to contain Pseudomonas and Trichoderma didn’t have any in it. I wonder why that is. Anyway, thanks for the info. I may listen to that podcast. One day…

7 Likes

I remember listening to this one as it was one of the more recent ones, before I moved to Oregon. I’m glad someone is testing against what companies are putting on the label. I’ve always kind of wondered with ‘live’ microorganisms, wether it be fungal or bacterial, how does it stay ‘alive’ after being putting in a package and dried on a shelf for however long? I know most companies say they use carriers, which supply a home and food for the organisms while in transport. And some may go into stasis or something like that, and come back to life and reproduce once given water or the right environment. Still, it seems these micro organisms only really thrive when in the right conditions, wether it be in rhizoshpere or somewhere else in the soil .

I’d love to get a microscope at some point so I could see and identify some of these creatures that help our ladies along. It’s funny too, that Trichoderma is the mushroom growers nightmare, but great in the soil beds. Really gotta avoid the cross contamination with that one!

7 Likes

I know if I had the choice between home-made vermi-compost like you’re brewing and a shelf-ready microbe blend I’m picking the vermi-compost every time, no question. Even if the labels were accurate when it comes to microbial claims you’ll get a greater functional diversity in the vermi-compost over a few isolated microbes in my opinion. Yeah Trichoderma is mycoparasitic and I believe exudes enzymes such as Chitinase to consume mycelium which contains chitin. I know MicrobeMan on ICMAG often brought up the idea that bundling Trichoderma with mycorrhizae may be counter-productive, and almost like bundling snakes with mice or something like that. That always seemed like an interesting take to me. Thankfully (or not depending on what you’re culturing) Trichoderma seems fairly ubiquitous anyways as most hobbyist mycologists can attest.

7 Likes

Yeah, I’ve always wondered that, too, particularly with the ones that need living roots to even survive. BioAg’s inoculant has these, like, little kinda rocks or pebbles in it, I dunno if that helps keep it alive or what they’re for. OG Biowar comes in a pharmaceutical talc, but I don’t know if that’s just a delivery system or if it’s for keeping them alive or what.

Just as an aside, it doesn’t surprise me that OG Biowar doesn’t contain everything it says it contains. I’ve seen Capulator’s posts on IG, he’s kind of a dickhead.

6 Likes

Officially the talc is just the delivery agent in OG Biowar. I couldn’t tell a difference from using it or not though.

With how Cap treated his “make forums great again” forum as just a way to build a mailing list so he could sell yearly forum subscriptions (with exclusive access to slightly discounted seed packs), I’m pretty much over him.

8 Likes

Ouch. Not a good look for Cap…

5 Likes

Well damn, glad I only got the BioAg stuff as samples.

Yeah wtf is up with these ‘breeders’ and egos and shit. I dunno, everyone that I listen to talk about cannabis seems like to try to one up one another. I listened to TheDocta from Archive today on Breeder’s Syndicate, he seems to come off like a dick head too. I mean, shit I’m growing some of his work, but it makes me second guess some stuff. Don’t get me wrong, the Archive stuff is good, on point actually. I guess don’t like all the drama and attitude and ego that surrounds ‘having the best shit’… Bodhi is the only one that I’ve come across that doesn’t seem to come off that way. Maybe a few others, but they’re few and far between.

11 Likes

BioAg is usually good stuff. OG Biowar from the State of Oregon test @syzygy posted is a different company run by Capulator.

7 Likes

Ah, thanks for clarifying. Too much ganja for me today :face_with_raised_eyebrow: maybe…

4 Likes

Haha, yeah, I wasn’t aware of any of that. I just know he makes OG Biowar and that he bred MAC1 (not a fan of that one). I followed him on IG for a while when I first created a profile, but after seeing post after post of ridiculous shit, I stopped.

Yeah, I really don’t wanna know too much about any of these people, which is why I kinda keep my head in the sand.

Except for the thirty times a day I log on to OG haha!

8 Likes

Not to mention, his forum is mean. People attack other people all the time, and it’s almost encouraged, much like ICMag. You’re either part of the in crowd clique, or you’re a turd everyone’s trying to flush.

I always wonder why people treat weed as a competition. Why treat anything like that? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and who cares how yours compares? Better or worse or just different, does it matter, and how could you objectively measure it anyway? It’s all a scam…

Speaking of scams, keep in mind that, though we’re in 2022, the cannabis industry is functionally no different than in the year 2000. If anything, there’s more scammers, shuysters and snakeoil salesmen.

Don’t believe the hype. Marketing and hype can’t be trusted. It’s only a way to part you from your hard earned pennies.

DIY your seeds, your soil, your IPM, your microbes, your lights, and even your containers if you need big SIPs. :slight_smile:

21 Likes

That’s easy, dude: money! That’s why 95% of these assholes are “breeding.”

9 Likes

Many microbes can be dehydrated and kept alive in a dormant state for quite some time if they are kept dry. For a good everyday example of this just think about dry yeast. Very much alive, but as soon as you get it wet, it’s waking up and it’s hungry. Got to get them fed and in favorable conditions fairly quickly, or they will die.

Just got to keep them dry and dormant, and away from light and heat. That is, when there is something there to begin with anyways

8 Likes

Nothing serves as a greater indicator for me as to how effective their genetics are than how they carry themselves. My strain is the most humbling and ego shattering strain on the planet, limited release only @ 500$ a pack (untested)! All hype and fashion as usual. Agree 100% with you about Bodhi, it sold me on his genetics and is a breath of fresh air for sure.

14 Likes

That reminds me, have I told you about my fermented snake aminos? Plants love it, will increase yield 500% Also, I would like to talk to you about your vehicles extended warranty. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

18 Likes

Exactly! Who am I to judge what you smoke, and how it effects you? If you can smoke the swaggiest stuff and it still rocks your world, more power to you, in my eyes. It bums me out when people talk shit about other people’s herb, or lines or whatever. Why trash someone? Why bring negativity into something that is so righteous on it’s own.

The more I’m learning, the more I don’t want to know. I listen to this shit for the cannabis info, and I guess I get sucked into all the drama.

That’s a good example I’d not thought of, but good point. I’m sure many micro organisms can remain in a dormant state for prolonged periods of time. Are there as many as the label actually says there are though, and were they even put in the package alive in the first place? All questions that should be asked in my mind.

It blows my mind how common this is though, certainly after awhile people will wise up?

I’ll take two :laughing:

Arrrghhh!

11 Likes

The slow burn of legalization only seems to perpetuate the issue. Right now it looks like the race to the bottom for unit pricing has everyone desperate to be the first warehouse grow to market with the new new hype shit piz-Za candy cane strainZzZ, all while everyone clamors for the exact same cuts/seed packs.

Plus the nefarious players get to play to a new market every time a new state comes online for corporate weed, because people don’t bother looking at what came before…or those who do care don’t know where or how to find that info.

Agreed. It was presented as a forum “for growers, by growers…where egos are left at the door”. That has most definitely been proven not to be true. Especially when you can pay to bypass the door and bad behavior goes unchecked/unpunished & makes people with real knowledge remember why they left forums like ICMag years ago.

It was about the time that Masonic made a “forced collaboration” with Cap gear (aka Masonic got a pack of Cap gear, grew a female and hit it with his Wilson pollen, but bragged it up like he and Cap worked together) and all Cap said was “eh, we didn’t work together, but it’s free publicity for me so whatever” that I really figured out why I didn’t care to follow his new instagram account and why I almost never log into his forum anymore.

9 Likes

Cannabis is not a plant. It does not respond to recognized good horticultural practices. You have to do other stuff, and buy other stuff. Otherwise, the smoke is harsh and immediately gives you a headache.

7 Likes

Uh what? Pretty sure it is… haha

4 Likes