Tents full of happiness and love ft. Bodhi and friends

looks like it has some f13 or trainwreck genetics. Or something with that genetic signature I have seen pop up.

2 Likes

Yeah, they remind me of something from Jurassic Park!
I think next round of SIPs is going to be Agent Orange, Rudeboi OG 7, Key Lime Pie, and Casper OG. Going to do all seed pops through the other tent first, to trial them out.

Key Lime Pie, it’s been growing weird since I got it. It’s like it’s constantly re-vegging, throwing out singles and triples. My neighbor gave me the cut and was in quarantine for awhile, and then I took a clone of it to grow out for him since he doesn’t have the space right now. Trading him the grown out herb for a good bit of home brew, since he makes pretty good stuff and has all the equipment. I tried an extract of it that smelled absolutely amazing, but didn’t do much for me in the high department… damn cookies.

I wish it was trainwreck, haha… because I really love that one. An old school classic. I used to get some in NC that was shipped from CO that was really, really good.

I picked up a new toy:

Spent the morning doing some presses with some smalls that I had left from recent harvest. This thing is pretty fuckin’ awesome.

I’m using 120 micron 2x4in bags. Might go to 90 micron. I’ve also read that’s it’s best to have your herb on the more hydrated side. So I left mine in the veg tent overnight in a paper bag and it rehydrated quite nicely. For the press above, I pre-pressed two pucks, then put them in the bag, pre-heated the bag and pucks under the slightest of pressure, then slowly pressed, increasing pressure pretty gradually until I couldn’t anymore, all at plate temp of 195f. I may try going lower on the temp and pressure. It’s awesome to play around with. I’m trying a cold cure on the stuff I pressed now and will let y’all know how it turns out :stuck_out_tongue:

22 Likes

Look at you! Makin’ friends already… haha.

That’s interesting that that’s a Key Lime Pie cut, wouldn’t have thought it would look like that. Although to be honest, I’ve never really thought about Key Lime Pie haha (the cannabis strain; I’ve definitely thought about Key Lime Pie, the dessert). Those trifoliates are supposed to be a tell-tale sign of certain OG’s. My Sky Cuddler Kush was throwing them out here and there and she is so very obviously an OG-dominant hybrid. Did my first couple bong rips of her last night, just reached in the brown paper bag and snapped a little nug off one of the branches (uncured, obviously), the flavor couldn’t be more “OG” if I wanted it to be.

Cool you got a press. When I saw you mention you were thinking about getting one, I considered offering to give you mine. I never use it, total PITA. But I figured the cost of shipping would be insane. It’s heavy haha.

9 Likes

haha yeah, I met most of my neighbors right when we moved in, there was a little block party thing… I’ve been trying to give herb away to them since, they probably all think I’m crazy!

I don’t know what’s up with the KLP… or if it is even KLP, just takin’ my neighbors word. I’ve grown out a couple OGs an definitely have seen them throw those trifoliates in Veg. This one just seems like she un-happy or something, or stuck in trying to flower. Lots of little pre-flowers. I may put it under 24 hr light to see if it starts growing normal?

Better look at her:

That’s awesome on the Skycuddler… she looked like a Kushy/OG plant to me with those triangle shaped nugs. Gonna run more Meangene stuff?

Yeah, it would have cost as much to ship the press as it’s worth I’m sure… they’re heavy as hell. I appreciate the offer though, that’s too kind. I’m finding it’s a good use for all the small buds that I no longer want to agonize over trimming… just throw them in the pre-press, then press and you’re left with something useful. I’m sure you could sell yours on the used market if you could find someone local.

14 Likes

I suspect your KLP is revegging. Looks like it had a little clone stress. A month or so at 24/7 light will turn it around. I recall KLP supposedly being small plants, not super stretchy, so maybe that’s just what the doctor ordered in a SIP. Monthlong veg after your unintentional monster cropping, fill a 4x4 with her. :wink:

6 Likes

Yeah, I was wondering what stage of growth she was in when the neighbor gave him a clone. Was it a clone taken in flower? Maybe?

Haha, ummm… I dunno. I’m not buying any more seeds, I don’t think, but I’m not opposed to planting some more of the Sky Cuddler ones. I’d love to get more than one female and just check them out, but that’s probably a ways down the road. They’re definitely something I wanna revisit at some point, though. She didn’t stink while she was growing, but she’s gotten louder the longer she’s dried, which is pretty cool and not something I think I’ve ever seen before. I was fully planning on trying a little early bud from the Soar last night, but when I got into the drying area, I could smell the Sky Cuddler and was like,”I think I’ll try her out instead…” Smells really good. They both do.

Good luck trying to get any of his seeds, though. If it was easier, I might buy some more, but that dude’s shit sells out quicker than maybe anybody else’s. Fucking crazy. I’m supposed to post pics on IG and tag him, or I said I would when I asked him for info about the SCK, anyway. Maybe I can get in good with him and get on some kind of pre-release list or something haha…

Yeah, I was considering that, but I dunno if I want anybody who’s in the market for a used press coming over to my house haha. I guess I could meet them in a parking lot somewhere, but that seems weird, too haha…

10 Likes

Good info! and I suspect you’re right, I just checked the timer on that tent and it was set 16/8, whoops…

The clone was taken from the tent in 16/8 and has been there since, so I guess it just one of those weird ones that wants to flower on lower hours of light. I’m noticing a big stretch in Casper OG too, like its getting ready for flower, so I’m thinking I just need to bump back up to 20/4 or 24hr light.

Yeah I can’t find Meangene stuff anywhere, and it’s pricey… definitely won’t be buying any soon. Should should definitely hit him up on IG, I think his memes alone are worth following him, haha.

Yeah could be sketchy… damn rosin addicts, can’t trust 'em :wink:

7 Likes

Super stressed clones will do that reveg growth . I have it happen from time to time when they take forever to root. They usually snap out of it fairly quick.

7 Likes

Lemon Party Fallen Soldier - tiny little buds. 47 days in flower. Probably not getting much bigger. Super greasy resin though. When you rub one of the fans your fingers get super slick at first, oily feeling, then turns to tacky pretty quick. Smells mostly citrus, like lemon rinds to me. Smells very similar to the Black Lime Reserve I grew earlier. Wonder who the mom was?

Silver Lotus - day 60ish - still smelling like berry and slightly of nail polish - got the weird fox tailing thing kinda going on that seems to come from the Snow Lotus. Seeds poking out here and there, I like it when they’re practically falling out of the buds.

Blueberry - looking a bit healthier this time, been helping her along with PBP… seeds are looking good on her too

DLA5 S1 (left side) - squat little things… just topped today, maybe they’ll branch out some. Gonna have to veg a good long while it looks like. Smelling rank though. They are probably ready for a transplant too.

Other 4x4 has been reset:) Top dressed beds, watered in with Rootwise. Time to veg… looking pretty sad in there right now, haha.

Everyone enjoy the freakin’ weekend! I need a beer :beer: :beers:

25 Likes

Yo that DLA 5 s1 on top looks just like the mother. Looks like I’ll be seeing a lot more slow growers than faster ones :sob:.

That Snow lotus pheno of SL looks so awesome, almost a spitting image of the Snow lotus femals pic Bodhi uses, dare I say better looking ? :sunglasses:

7 Likes

That’s cool the one DLA5 is looking like her mom! They’re definitely taking their time, but that’s cool, I’m in no rush. The back one kinda smells like pickles :cucumber: I’ll keep ya updated on them…

8 Likes

Looking great, man! I bet if you stick those DLA5 S1 into SIPs, they’ll take off. When you spoke of needing a transplant soon, is that their final destination? If so, it’d be a good time to practice topdressing your SIPs multiple times.

8 Likes

I love your set up with the covered beds! It’s hard for me to make my tent look "clean’

4 Likes

13 posts were split to a new topic: Move to PM. Bodhi DBHP conflict

The SIPs are full for this round, but if the DLA5 veg slow enough, maybe they’ll be ready for next round :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I actually may try putting one outside in the spring, if it ever gets here!

Thanks man! Yeah the covers make everything look tidy, for sure. This round I also put bowls under the SIPs to catch the overflow, so it should make for an easy clean up if I over fill them. Cleanliness is next to godliness, or something like that… which reminds me, I need to clean my other tents!

8 Likes

It’s been a while since I busted out the tea brewer. I’m making batch to top water SIPs and hopefully jump-start some life in the new batch of soil. Also I will use it for plants in veg and house plants. I used a simple brew of homemade EWC, small amount of compost, BioAg TM-7, Ful-Humix, Cytoplus (using up samples), and molasses. I didn’t use a bag this time, just dumped everything straight in, stirred, and hope the airlift will agitate enough. It should be done in 24-36 hours. I usually keep it covered as well, otherwise you end up splashing shit everywhere.

13 Likes

Nice. Supposedly, humic/fulvic acids suppress microbial division, so you may wanna let that brew at least 36 hours, if not longer.

What’s Cytoplus? I know I’ve seen it on the BioAg website, but I can’t remember what it is. Is it an inoculant? I’ve recently been wondering, like, why don’t I just add a tablespoon or so of each of the OG Biowar when I start a compost tea? I’m not sure I’ve ever read about people adding any kind of myco-type things to their teas and I’m not sure why. It seems like if you do that, you’d be certain to at least have all of the various bacteria and fungi that whatever inoculant you use contains in the compost tea. I’ve actually done it a couple times, but who knows if it made a difference?

Anyway… Gotta love those compost teas!

7 Likes

Something to keep in mind is the Oregon Dept of Ag’s findings with respect to microbial claims from these various companies that are selling inoculants. It was from 2015 or 2016 but I sincerely doubt much has changed since then. Food for thought if nothing else…

source :

micro_2015_BP.pdf (78.8 KB)

https://www.ogcsa.org/oda-finds-big-problems-with-little-organisms/

Tad Hussey of KIS Organics did a podcast with people involved in the study that was pretty enlightening as well, though I think you’ve said in the past you’re not a big fan of podcasts. If you ever need something to listen to it may be worthwhile.

As you know, rules and regulations are an important aspect of cannabis cultivation. In addition, it’s important to know that the products we purchase to use in our garden are safe and providing the nutrients or microbes that are listed on the labels. My interview this week is with Sunny Summers and Matt Haynes with the Oregon Dept of Agriculture. The Oregon Department of Agriculture have been leaders at the State level in regards to product testing and information sharing for consumers. I was very excited that they accepted my request to come on the podcast to talk about some of their findings and to help growers better understand pesticide and fertilizer product labels and some of the challenges around policy enforcement.

8 Likes

Kelp based micros and fulvic acid. :wink:

7 Likes

Well that blows… haha! Shit, I guess I won’t be buying OG Biowar anymore. I noticed they didn’t analyze either KIS or BioAg’s inoculant, I’d kind of like to see those results. I’ve got some of BioAg’s, haven’t used it in a while, though.

It’s kind of interesting that every product they did analyze that claimed to contain Pseudomonas and Trichoderma didn’t have any in it. I wonder why that is. Anyway, thanks for the info. I may listen to that podcast. One day…

7 Likes