New gallery layout - The Grid

It’s cool that some people prefer narrow columns of text, but I prefer the opposite. No big deal either way.

The dark mode comes from an extension called Dark Reader. It’s fairly resource-intensive, so older devices won’t like it much.

3 Likes

I am not getting how to ad text with picture

the text for me is go off to the side :frowning:

help an id10t with this

1 Like

Thanks, you mean this one? Dark Reader - Chrome Web Store.

1 Like

I usually add text on the separate line… but the text won’t work inside of the Grid Gallery code.

It doesn’t format well inline with pictures… Individual paragraphs with photos and text work best.

2 Likes

That’s it! :+1: It’s available for other browsers as well. This 2nd gen J-class Celeron can barely handle it, and my older linux box hates it, but on newer devices it works a treat.

2 Likes

Ooh! This is really nice! The preview doesn’t quite show up right but once it’s posted it works perfectly!
Thank you sir!

imagesw

Dont work for me, put the pics on the corner

6 Likes

I had the same problem with this one

narf

I think it does not work correctly if the pictures are too small/ don’t have to be resized.

4 Likes

Have to try on à bigger one

3 Likes

You are right… it works only if they are bigger and have thumbnails generated.

4 Likes

You can test new gallery grid layout in this topic: Test of the grid thingy :). There are also some other tips…

4 Likes

Thanks all your work @LemonadeJoe

4 Likes

Does the picture grid show up on preview?

Unfortunately no… (there is only vertical line highlighting selected images). You need to press Reply to see the grid in action and then eventually edit it.

1 Like

Ok, let me try this grid thinga ma jig to see if it works for me…I guess it worked for me.

5 Likes

Thanks @LemonadeJoe for evolving Overgrow. I was looking for an application to do this exact thing. Can’t wait to see what other features will come in the future.

3 Likes

I would like to know how to combine my grows. Year later. I’m always late.

1 Like