The Bank of Stank

How’s this little Slurricane comparing to yours? Interesting to see the same cut getting grown out by different people. Don’t mind the sulfur :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

You show me yours, I’ll show you mine. I vegged mine into a decent little bush, it just doesn’t stretch very much at all. I can’t really show the structure too well, it’s just crammed into the back wall getting neglected. It’s the smallest of everything in the tent, even the Bubba Kush that was flowered at a smaller height. But ours sure do resemble another, huh?

10 Likes

Your take better pics lol.

1 Like

I’m loving the early fade on this Ice Cream Cake.

28 Likes

it looks red! Is it like a reddish purple?

1 Like

Nice plants man!

1 Like

Yeah exactly, like a real pretty red/purple. I don’t get too many reds very often

2 Likes

Mine did that but I thought was from the abuse
I believe that’s a dosidos

12 Likes

Oh yes, I’m sure it’s from being hungry. Most of my plants get colorful from a fade, just usually not this early on.

1 Like

Thats a sexy one. I had a BOG Sour Strawberry do that for me.

2 Likes

That’s about 5 weeks from flip also running 11on 13off

1 Like

4 weeks in now on Tent#1 and the buds are really starting to swell and smell delicious. The Ice Cream Cake is the best smelling and has most trich coverage in the whole bunch with Sundae Driver right behind. The Bubba Kush has the fattest buds so far. The Platinum Kush Mints larger fan leaves are yellowing hard. Way too big a plant for a 3 gal water only soil. I’ve amended with compost and KiS nutrient mix but may have done so too late. The buds are still dark green so I’m not too worried yet. Nothing to do but give her more food next round.

And at 2 weeks in Tent#2 the stretch appears to finally be over and buds are forming. The MotorBreath x Blowfish plants all stretched pretty tall but the bud sights make it seem like they will stack well. The Purple Punch needed a booster seat to make an even canopy.

22 Likes

Fantastic!!! I love going through these threads made by seasoned growers and reading the comments. And most of all, seeing these beautiful plants! Looking good keep up the amazing work

3 Likes

Thanks for stopping in and sharing some kind words!

1 Like

Beautiful plants in here :grin:
Great gardener :seedling:
:dash::dash::v::sunglasses::canada:

2 Likes

Thanks for stopping by! I don’t view myself as a great gardener, just trying my best to stay out of the way and let the plants do what they do. The main reason I don’t do much defoliation is because these last few weeks I find lots of plants will really consume those fans for nutrition. The fan leaves are vital for me at this stage, especially when the soil my be running out of nutrients on the bigger plants. I won’t pull the leaves until they are completely shriveled away.

Now in week 5 on Flower Tent #1 and it’s great to see all these happy, swelling, mildew-free buds. I only missed one grow cycle but it feels like ages. It’s going to be a great harvest at the end of this month. Smells are off the charts! The Crippy is super greasy with smells of fuel, pine, and rubber; a real nasty stanker (front right corner). The Sundae Driver has made up for it’s slow veg with an impressive production of buds (front center). Looks like it might out-produce many others, and smells like candy to boot. The Super Lemon Haze smells just like passionfruit right now, no hint of lemon, but I’m not complaining.

The Ice Cream Cake reeks of sweet doughy goodness and is very colorful.

The Bubba Kush is ripening fast and starting to get some smells of coffee, earthy, sweetness.

Flower Tent #2 is at 3 weeks. The Motobreath X Blowfish stretched like crazy even into this 3rd week. I decided to chop off the heads of most of them to help keep a more even canopy in that tent. Otherwise they’re starting to stack very nicely now. The MAC1 is already super frosty and smells divine.

19 Likes

I dunno if you ever check out this dude’s blog, but he just wrote a little blurb about Ice Cream Cake: @Beneath_the_dirt Colorado 2021 Indoor — Higher Thought

He usually writes much more in-depth reviews of stuff, definitely my favorite “weed writer” or whatever you wanna call him haha. I’m not sure why he wrote such a short review in the latest post, but it’s still worth checking out. I always like to find anything I can about whatever I’m currently growing, if for no other reason than to get me even more stoked haha.

9 Likes

And sorry, plants look good! Haha. Gotta love that coffee smell that the Bubba always has.

3 Likes

Hey, thanks for linking the killer blog! I’ll be digging through his stuff for a bit.

It’s fun to try all these hype strains but I’m going to be brutal with choosing my keepers. I have maybe 15 different popular clones I’m growing now, with 9 alone in this current grow. I’m looking to end up with 3 or 4 at the most (day smoke, night smoke, in between). My highest priority is effect which sadly the blogger above didn’t mention as much in that last review. Once I figure out my small stable then I’ll be back to popping seeds on the regular.

6 Likes

Yeah, you may have noticed my comment at the bottom of his post haha. I’m vehemently anti-GSC and any crosses made with it and I mentioned in the comment that he barely talked about the effects at all. I don’t think that’s an accident. It seems like most of those GSC hybrids are all about that sweet, doughy, baked goods flavor (which I am not a fan of), with the high being kind of secondary. I dunno. I can’t get into them, though. When GSC was all the rage, like ten years ago, I tried tons of different batches of it and it just never did anything for me.

I did get a quarter of some Cherry Pie once and I liked it. Not enough to ever really seek it out again or anything haha, but I did think it was a lot better than GSC.

7 Likes