The Bank of Stank

Thanks all!

I also know nothing about Crippy, or how long it’s supposed to take, or if this even a legit cut of it. I just figure most everything gets the standard 9 weeks at least. I was pleasantly surprised by how quick it finished. Yes, chopped at 57 days with the Bubba.

5 Likes

Week 9 in Tent #1 and some plants are starting to be cut down. This Sundae Driver is foxtailed and sprouting new hairs all over. Some stray nanners have caused some small seeds to start forming. I decided to cut now even though it could have used another week. But the trichs were looking ripe enough for me. Wild looking thing, probably wouldn’t foxtail like that in the cooler months.

The Platinum Kush Mints is still swelling and will be a massive yield of smelly sticky buds. I’m going to let her keep going until the leaves start browning off on the buds. Next round I’ll amend her soil more.

The Super Lemon Haze will be cut soon. It looks and smells so good. It has huge, dense, but soft looking buds, and is starting to get a more citrus nose in the late weeks.

Now that I’ve cleared some plants out I was able to move Tent #2 in with Tent #1 to finish flowering all together.

At 7 weeks now, the Purple Punch and MAC1 are total stunners. Here they are in order mentioned.

And the Motorbreath x Blowfish are looking great as well. I’ll detail them more in a bit.

25 Likes

My Like tank is totally dry (as usual… :smile:) but I just have to throw a comment in…

Fantastic work schmarmpit, each plant is grown to perfection :+1:

I understand foxtails do not meet the current ‘bag appeal’ criteria but I kind of like them. They cure just fine and are nice to smoke.

Cheers
G

11 Likes

You’re too kind @Gpaw. Thanks for hanging out.

I’ll be vegging the the next round for 2 weeks while the flower tent finishes up. On deck we have 8 plants. Three CSI S1s from seed: Triangle Kush, Zkittlez, and Lemon Party. New clones are LA Confidential and Kush Mintz. And 1st round clone winners Bubba Kush, Crippy, and MAC1.

My moms have never looked as healthy after switching away from the QB120 I had them under. They would always get deficiencies after not very long, and would burn easily if they got too close. Now I’m running these cheap Chinese T8 LED 3ft lights and the plants are so happy. They stay green much longer and can grow right into the light without issue.

17 Likes

that mac an purple punch are gorgeous looking forward to next round already. what are the CSI s1’s ?

3 Likes

Here’s his catalog of s1 seeds
https://humboldtcsi.com/product-category/feminized-seeds/

4 Likes

My Mac is a week ahead of yours, and only just started to show some purpling in the leaves. All my other plants tend to stay green or get brown crispy leaves (a deficiency I need to figure out, likely Mg or K)). Mine is also more rounded at the top. Fun to see different environments on the same cut. Besides the difference in lighting and plant size, my tent runs about 86-88f and 45-58%rh during the day.
Day 57

15 Likes

Looking good, @Seamonkey84!! Now we just need to sample each other’s smoke for the real comparison. I’m about the same temps and humidity during the day. Then at night my humidity shoots up to like 70%.

Most of my stuff turns purple if it’s anywhere in the genetics, which is why I refuse to cut down this Purple Punch until it actually turns purple haha. I’m not going to be smoking a green Purple Punch.

7 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I like that reasoning. I need to fix the issue I’m having in later flower, I don’t like how they get deficient or lock out instead of going through a fade.

5 Likes

Really nice thread man.
So much fire in one spot.
Fingers crossed you have that PM licked.
Great work man.

3 Likes

Oh! How’s the Slurricane?! I messed mine up somewhere along the way, different than the crispy leaves on other plants. I think I am overwatering these smaller ones. she’s a sad little plant. I also never washed the sulfur off the leaves :sweat_smile:
Slurricane week 9

PU week 9

16 Likes

Nice! That Purple Unicorn looks great!

My Slurricane looked about exactly like yours. Mine was even worse off on the leaves actually. This is the 2nd time I’ve run it and it always just turns to crap for me. I think you’re right, it’s likely an overwatering stress for me too. She didn’t drink nearly as much as the others. But I was done with her and cut her down for the hash pile even though she needed another week at least. I won’t be running her again. If they don’t hang with my style of growing then they won’t get run again. I never took any pics of here because she wasn’t pretty. Here she is hiding in her hole around 8 weeks or so.

12 Likes

Thanks! There’s no way the PM could be around now. With the humidity at night in the 70% range and crowded plants everywhere. If the PM was still around it would be EVERYWHERE by now. It’s a done deal and I’m back to my PM free grow that I’ve only ever known.

5 Likes

JoeCrowe March 15, 2021:
BTW schmarmpit has got this under wraps, like bam, done. Never mistake confidence for arrogance.

hahhah I had to go dig that post up from before anyone could agree that sulfur kills it. Finally I can give people that info without someone saying it doesn’t work.

3 Likes

Here are the four different Motorbreath15 x Blowfish plants at 50 days, from @stanknugzz77. These things stink like I’ve never quite experienced. Not much “weed” smell when I open the tent on these, but more like a wall off crude oil and rotten funk and used diapers, to the point I get kind of worried that something is going bad. LOL, a true stank for my bank! When you pinch the nugs they are super greasy and you get more hashy smells directly. But here’s to hoping they don’t taste like they smell in flower ha.

They are all very stretchy and seem to pack on some serious buds. They remind me of Bodhi’s Snow Lotus structure, long spears of fluffy looking but dense buds. Some plants have much more dense buds than others. Here’s the fattest of them all:

Here’s the lankiest. I clipped some tops around 2 weeks of flower thinking it would slow the stretch, but you can see where the cut was and how much more this one grew. What was supposed to be a compact bud then stretched out and became it’s own new cola.

And this gal is a good medium representation of all four.

24 Likes

I’ve been cutting down plants like a madman recently. I’m just so surprised by the quick finish on all these strains.

At just 8 weeks the Purple Punch looked overdone on the trichs, ambers everywhere. Smelled like grape kool-aid so strong when chopping it down. I’m really excited for this because I’ve been smoking some 6 WEEK sample cuts that are very tasty and surprisingly good stone.

The MAC1 trichs were also like 30% amber at only 8 weeks and she got cut down too. Probably the frostiest plant I’ve ever grown. Will be running her again for sure. Can’t wait to sample the smoke. Smell is hard to describe, kind of like a sour cherry, and very strong.

Even the Moblo (my new name for Motobreath x Blowfish) looks surprisingly ripe for only 8 weeks and having such Sativa-ish growth. I doubt I’ll take them past 9 weeks.

So far on early smoke tests my favorites are Super Lemon Haze, Bubba Kush, and Tampa Crippy. I’m totally unimpressed with the Ice Cream Cake and Sundae Driver and they have been removed from the lineup along with Slurricane. Platinum Kush Mints will get run again to see if I can do better. She interests me enough to try again. Definitely the biggest yielder and stanky sticky buds with great taste on the smoke.

I’m in heaven with all these new strains though. Too much fun!

13 Likes

You have an amazing menu to select from.
Enjoy the fruits of your labour.

4 Likes

Mmmm we like the stank. I am happy to hear that the Motorbreath #15 x Blowfish plants are rounding out nicely, apart from dealing with the stretch. I loved that Motorbreath #15 cut dearly and the Blowfish is a really unique cultivar. The Blowfish and the Motorbreath #15 cut were both really nice on their own, but I was hopeful that the Blowfish stud that I used would create a hybrid that retained the funk of the Motorbreath #15, while making it a truly unique hybrid. I have been growing cannabis and making seeds for most of my life and I am always searching for different and unique plants.

I recently started some Motorbreath #15 x Herijuana and Hazmat OG x Blowfish, as well as several other hybrids that I have made. Everyone that has ran either of those hybrids has found nice plants. I am excited to look through them all.

I truly appreciate you giving my work a spot in your garden and also for doing it such justice. I look forward to seeing how they all finish up for you. Please feel free to reach out if you would like to look through more of my work. Positive vibes…

~nugzz

9 Likes

Wow what a difference. I’m a week ahead of you but my Mac is only about 10-20% amber as of two days ago. I’m giving her a full 10 weeks. Also, my leaves just started turning purple this past week.

3 Likes

This is the kind of shit that drives me fucking nuts. I don’t think I’ve ever heard anybody say they thought either of those strains were good. But the pictures sure look pretty and they definitely sold a lot of seeds! It’s breeding malpractice haha. “Hey, I know: let’s make a cross that’s completely covered in trichomes and looks unbelievable on Instagram. What? Who cares how it smokes, it’ll look great and we’ll sell a bunch of seeds.”

Everything else sounds good, though. You’re kind of making me wanna take stanknugz up on his offer to send me some seeds haha.

10 Likes