SPAM + dr.bugbee method journal

Very nice start to your grow log.

:green_heart: :seedling:

1 Like

There should be a badge for users who have donated seeds to another user.

i am very grateful with OG in general but specifically @catapult for the efforts in the Goji preservation run and sending me some really interesting Dragons Milk x (Black Domina x Beatrix Choice) and Goji OG F2 (also thankful to @The_Lazy_Hippie for organizing the original run with the F1s).

I will start with the Goji OG F2 and they will be sowed this or next week at the latest.

Harvest day for Gorilla Glue S1

19 Likes

There is a badge for us people that do a seed run that is distributed to the community. The badge to for a journaled run that is than offered up to the community.
If he doesn’t have it yet he will. There are nine growers in this one. I have the ones from him that are being given out on the sign-up list. You are just getting a head start :rofl: The others are all being combined before sending out to give everyone to look for the phenos they are looking for.

Edit: You will fit in here: Strain Donations and Breeder Match Ups for Preserving

3 Likes

yupp the Overgrower badge, ive seen it. But just for sending seeds to someone else (whether it was from a run or just extra seeds you had) should get a badge too, no? :slight_smile:

yupp I asked for some seeds in the private lounge some days ago, and catapult was kind enough to include them.

2 Likes

No :laughing:, that is just being and og’er and those are a private transaction. I would guess 100% of the older og’ers have. I would guess 80-90% of the people here over two years have. It is just what we do here. JMHO

:green_heart: :rofl:

2 Likes

Appreciate the sentiment @the_bot !! No badges needed for sharing beans imo, it’s all in good fun:) Hope you enjoy those. The goji speaks for itself.

I got a mini pheno hunt of the Dragon Milk x Black Domina/Beatrix Choice started rn…

Dragon Milk is Bodhi’s work; I held a keeper mom for a year or so, big fluffy creamy chem laden smoke that I hit w some Black Dom/Beatrix Ch pollens (AK Bean Brains work). The girl of her that I had to taste on was a big dark spicy sativa leaning pheno.

11 Likes

And this is why @catapult is a true OG’er and an all round great person. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

in case anyone has missed it, shane from migro just released a very nice video on light penetration

7 Likes

just watch, magical shit and ruby pearls and wtf.

From what I understand its a device to vape on a bong - and yeah i know the Vong, and in general Dynavap exists and can do this too - but just watch it in action, its quite pretty and can vape more than the dynavap on a single hit.

1 Like

Looks like an enail for bud lol.

1 Like

I dont have an enail so that explains my over excitement lol, but yeah, thats pretty much what it boils down to, vape nail for bud.

1 Like

Still very cool.

1 Like

its been a while since i posted anything relevant to the grow for several reasons.

1. i stopped taking certain precautions (like changing clothes when going in with the plants) and i got some mites. I reacted fast with neem/insecticidal soap (it was 3 days after flipping, no flowers had been developed yet) but aggressively (i applied during light on schedule) and got them burned as fuck.

2. i was pretty negligent this time around since veg. the plants got too big, i didnt have adequate support, and they began snapping in mid flower.

I have some lessons learned, funny enough, i learned more from this run than the past two.

I also got to thinking as to how my journal keeping is not really helping me track relevant information that could have helped me identify the mites sooner, or have better/purposeful watering practices. - and how to change that.

btw that dust/powder next to the burnt leaf is not PM - its dried soap residue.

13 Likes

That was a rough time for you and the ladies.

2 Likes

Yup, I ‘checked that box’ too… :wink:

It seems the lessons I remember the longest are the ones that generally leave scars… :rofl:

I found posting a grow log helped me improve my notes. I’d try to put enough info into it to explain to folks what I was doing & a year later I could decipher it (usually… :smile:)

Cheers
G

2 Likes

I feel for them, its first time in my life i have empathy for plants, i had never grown anything before that other than a bean in gradeschool.

what do you do for IPM? right now i started appplying neem with insec soap since veg.

yeah, i have to be more constant and take better notes of the grow itself. i think im missing on important info that will help me down the road.

2 Likes

I’ve only been ‘touched’ with IPM, I used Hydrogen Peroxide to treat it.
There was a great post here a day or so ago on Hypochlorous acid. Sounds much better than H2O2, well worth reading.
Trying to be proactive, I clean out the lower undergrowth and use a circulation fan to move air around, which all helps to avoid IPM.
Controlling RH is the key.
I follow the Vapor Deposition Chart until mid flower and then I tend to go more ‘dry’ through to harvest. {touch wood… :smile:}

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Think you mean PM bro…

1 Like

Oh by IPM i was referring to integrated pest management, I do get it mixed up sometimes :joy:

2 Likes

LOL, I thought you meant Incipient Powdery Mildew… :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

2 Likes