The Canadian Contingent (Part 1)

All birth control fails if it is improperly deployed. LOL was hilarious watching wealthy people get soaked at the debut all those years ago… anyone remember the grandstand and the cheap seat expansion before the Blue Jays?

1 Like

Woke up to snow! :snowflake:

In Ontario, the Bruce Peninsula! :slightly_smiling_face:

Plants still happy, happy, happy! 🪴 Technology is awesome! :relaxed:

9 Likes

@KanehB we just had our first frost down here where I’m at. My kids could see frost on the grass this morning and were asking me if it was winter yet :joy:

8 Likes

Similar. Any thing 5-10ft up seems a little crispy this AM; anything below is all valley-girl stereotype “whatever”.

3 Likes

-12 here this morning, no snow in the forecast for like 3 weeks. The sleds are going to have a nice layer of dust by the time I can use them

5 Likes

That’s awesome, kids are precious. :grin:

2 Likes

Then they grow up. :wink:

4 Likes

Our first heavy frost here in Nova Scotia this morning, winter is officially starting :frowning:

6 Likes

Going to have to keep an eye on the weather forecast for now on to decide what to wear but we have one little gift for the next few days. A high of roughly 10 in the day and almost 0 at night. Time to do some of the things I neglected to do to get ready for winter.

6 Likes

Snow and Frosty mornings in Central Ontario this week. Double digits on Saturday though.

4 Likes

Yeah, had ice all over my windshield yesterday morning and 2c temps last 2 mornings. Bummer, winter tires going on this weekend.

3 Likes

Ditto for us too. Winters go on this week. Just in time for the snow to start mid-month. Apparently its going to be a heavy downfall this season.

3 Likes

Pink raspberry and nurse peanut from @ShitSeeds

19 Likes

Beautiful Canadian bred ladies right there

7 Likes

Yeah for me this weekend is now gonna be outdoor crunch time. It’ll be my last mowing as well most likely as I like to mulch in the fallen leaves with the grass clippings (*mulching mower) so there’s extra “food” available for the land come spring thaw.

I never clear my beds just fold over the dead-matter which will then get cleared out in the spring. This way all the living good things in there have a home until it’s warm again.

4 Likes

I am a LITFA guy come fall. I leave the grass to get a bit taller and leave the leaves on the ground. Clean up comes in spring. On a separate note it looks like Sebring is back so keep an eye out for fall box info.

6 Likes

I have everyone beat. I have 8-9 years of leaves laying in the back yard. Mind you those oak leaves take a while.

2 Likes

They will also dull a mower blade faster than rocks.

2 Likes

No grass, no mower. mulch cedars, rocks, gravel paths.

1 Like

Well, it was a fun time out here but all good things have to come to an end for new beginnings to happen soon enough :hugs:

10 Likes