The Canadian Contingent (Part 1)

Found the “real” skunk!

2 Likes

Fuckin trash pandas. I got tales for days. They made a home under my patio furniture cover when we went camping this summer… scared the absolute shit out of my dog when we got home😂 Then they moved onto my deck, had babies, moved below the deck boards. One of them died… they just lived around it’s corpse. They made my roof into a litter box. Had to remove all the deck boards to clean them out. Installed chicken wire and they made a home under my outdoor fire pit until I chased them away yet again. Covered the fence with Vaseline. Worked like a charm! They slip and fall when they try to climb stuff and they hate when it touches their paws.

Grew plants on my roof this summer and they made several beds out of a tarp I had up there. Bit in to my blumat water lines to have, what I can only guess, was one hell of a sprinkler party. Dug up my pots. Chewed through my fabric pots to eat food out of my composted soil… haha. Last time I had a stand off with the momma bear she just looked at me all sad for kicking her off the roof. Like, “I’m just doing my best here!”

I’ve been through it all with them and I have to admit that I’m with Doug on this one. They’re resourceful as all hell.

6 Likes

I don’t know about nowadays but back in the late 90s those things were everywhere in Toronto in insane numbers. Some were very aggressive and most likely rabid. I had them tear through the ceiling in my bedroom one time .

I remember sitting waiting for my gf one night and counting over 20 come out of a culvert lol

I also had a rabid possum chase me down the road at lake sturgeon one time haha

4 Likes

I have no doubt there are even more now. Toronto is the racoon capital of the world.

3 Likes

In the 90’s I avoided shortcuts through parking areas that had dumpsters because of the “Masked Five-Finger Gangbangers” that hissed and ran at me for accidentally getting to close to their trash.

3 Likes

Just a ‘heads up’ folks… anybody that might not be aware, Johnnypotseed is doing a seed giveaway of his Frankenstein crosses.

There are still some slots open.

Cheers
G

7 Likes

He is feeling forlorn that the clock might run out before all the slots are full. (I may just be making this part up though.)

2 Likes

anyone else find this creepy lololol

4 Likes

Woody was an absolute icon for many of us growing up in Nova Scotia. Glad they brought him back . Kids love it .

5 Likes

For sure, as someone who moved here in my late teens, I missed the childhood Woody, but can see the importance and the iconic status of Woody. Also as someone who is having a child in the coming weeks, I imagine I will be making the yearly pilgrimage to the mall for Santa visits and to see Woody.

5 Likes

I agree with you lol kinda creepy

5 Likes

Holy shit! I haven’t seen that since I was a child lol

4 Likes

For the record it is creepy to me . Just wasn’t as a kid . It was actually kinda magical lol Only times I was ever at that mall

5 Likes

If I had kids I would rather them go see a creepy talking tree then sit on a creepy old mans lap lol

6 Likes

Thats new to me. Yeah creepy, but its a cool idea. Just wish the face wasn’t from a ventriloquists dummy. I’m just imaging the voice of conky (trailer park boys) coming from it haha

4 Likes

@sprinklememaynee , is “Woody” related to “Blinky”, Toronto’s talking Police Car?

6 Likes

Those blinky eyes!!!
I remember being traumatized at various parades and events by that car when I was growing up in Toronto.

3 Likes

An attempt to humanize the police. I also remember the song “the policeman is your friend.”

Rat out your parents for having a hash party, kiddies.

3 Likes

I remember it in this colour combo…

Oops…

Clicked ON the video and it gave me squirrels?

5 Likes

Well, never had to do this yet but I can’t find notes about this gift anywhere!
Who hooked me up with theses?!

@Budderton, I love how I’ll get to grow out your work and wish I had better notes from this last few weeks of insanity so I knew who else to thank! :rofl: :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes