The Canadian Contingent (Part 1)

people say growing is addictive. Dont get hooked on espresso, its a slippery slope!

In 2018 I purchased a manual espresso machine, and have been chasing the dragon since lol. First it was a good burr grinder, then it was upgrading the steam wand, and then before I knew it I was modding it to lower pressure.

I keep saying to myself that its cheaper than buying coffee, but Im not so sure anymore :rofl: :rofl: :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

I feel this. :coffee: :heart:

6 Likes

Hey y’all!

Any reccomendations for thc, cbc, cbg, etc testing in southern ontario?

3 Likes

I could test some for ya…image

(sorry…had to)

7 Likes

In Ancaster but no experience with them or any other lab for that matter.

Does anyone get their soil tested and if so where?

I see the lab I posted offers soil testing but perhaps there are recommendations.

5 Likes

There is a quick Beam test you can do yourself for CBD.

It’s more of a yes, no test but useful in some applications.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

I would ring up the folks at https://blackswallowsoil.com/ - Brantford-based, they’re just generally super helpful and likely would point you in the right direction of who they use in the area for this sort of thing.

5 Likes

I second this…great company who’s more than willing to help.

3 Likes

Whatever you do…
… do not buy a bag of their KIS mix…

You will be ‘hooked’ for life… :+1: :rofl:"best shit ever!"

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Check out SGS. I know a few people who use it. In Ontario as well

4 Likes

I can attest to this. I’ve been loving it. I’m swapping everything over moving forward & selling all my bottled nutes & never looking back after one of my current runs is finished.

4 Likes

They also have a 3 cubic foot bag that’s not listed on the web site. That’s the right size for me! :+1:

I just dumped my ‘used soil’ in the garage worm bin. Last year’s batch was really good, this year’s batch (used KIS mix) should be legendary…

Cheers
G

5 Likes

You leave me no choice, especially after revealing the sizes from the secret menu.

Ideally this also eliminates my need for soil testing.

2 Likes

That’s true!
I found the 3 cubic foot bag was a great size. That’s about 18 gallons of soil, which works out well for a 4 x 4 tent with some leftovers.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

I promise you won’t be disappointed.

This might be to hard believe or sound far fetched for some bags of dirt, but this stuff literally reinvigorated me in the hobby at a time when growing was beginning to feel like more of a chore than fun.

Best,
-e

5 Likes

Talk about Old School Genetics. Wowza!

1 Like

Brilliant! I’m a huge used soil fan and my wife always begs for my used soil for her container grows. She comes batting her eyes talking about how she wants some really good Basil. If I scooped some worms up on a rainy day and put them in in one of my soil bins and fed the worms inside the soil. I’ve got some learning before I can try it.

7 Likes

It is an interesting subject to review, the worms add a lot of ‘biology’ to the soil… besides poop :smile:
different worms operate at different depths in the soil, check out Red Wigglers, they are well suited for worm farms etc.

Same with my wife, she is always after my ‘used’ soil… She loved this spring’s load.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Good thing my Wife doesn’t know about “your soil” with the worm poop, she might leave me :grin:

2 Likes

200L Rubbermaid (no wheels) with extra vent holes. Just used soil and all of the dandelions from the yard (they go in first) and then a couple cups of worms from the worm bin.
Just feed them kitchen scraps and green yard waste, let them freeze solid in winter (the dead worms disappear into the soil by spring).
The soil looked amazing… and I didn’t get any of it… :vulcan_salute: :laughing:

Cheers
G

6 Likes