The Canadian Contingent (Part 1)

Yeah, for me it was Country Style. I was thrilled when my last company started servicing their POS equipment but than one day they stopped paying their bills. Had to stop going in cause the managers and employees always recognized me and started whining about needing service. That’s when I switched to Timmies. There are better out there, just what I am used to really.

5 Likes

There’s a lot of wankery involving artisanal coffee.

Doesn’t mean it’s bad.

A vacuum pulled coffee is very interesting.

And I enjoy a cold brew on nitrogen gas, like a draught Guinness. Coffee stout, I dunno.

But they are speciality items not likely to be found at chains.

At home I drink swill focusing mainly on caffeine delivery.

5 Likes

You can turn any old lameass coffee into great coffee simply by adding Baileys!

7 Likes

There’s something about cream that lasts forever that turns my stomach.

My BIL insists that you need $3k worth of hardware to make a good espresso. I’m not sold but if that’s how he likes to spend his money that’s fine with me.

3 Likes

I’d rather have a french press, a grinder, a pound of good coffee beans and $2900 worth of cannabis.

4 Likes

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE! :open_mouth:

Tastes and smells like burnt fish shit would smell like.

2 Likes

Mrs Foreigner is on a mission to use them all.

I guess it’s good for her morning walk with the dog.

If I want a fancy espresso frothed milk beverage I can make it at home. No need to spend $7

2 Likes

I concur aeropress all the way, ive had a couple the urethane plunger version “red lettering” is better imo than the rubber, i haven’t had to replace my plunger yet and its been 3+ years on the urethane

2 Likes

see i usually do that out at the cabin but then it just turns into straight baileys and i never bother with the coffee, at least some mornings lol

5 Likes

Love the aeropress, that with a handheld grinder and some small batch fresh roast :drooling_face:

2 Likes

I worked at a Chapters and I could never get used to the smell of the attached Starbucks.

Never a coffee drinker but I otherwise like the smell of coffee.

3 Likes

so battle of alberta… who we going for ? im gonna have to record it since i gave to head out unfortunetly

1 Like

I think Alberta might win in the end ?

Can’t handle much caffeine these days, but it’s hard to keep out of the wife’s cold brew made in one of these things. The comfortable knob is an important feature.

Suppose you could make some pretty nice cold brew in an old milk jug too.

8 Likes

Yes, the salty air ate through my newish rubber one in just 4ish months when I was living/working in a boatyard down in Guaymas, Mexico.

For those extra lazy special times at my cabin, I put Bailys in my oatmeal in the mornings. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

5 Likes

people say growing is addictive. Dont get hooked on espresso, its a slippery slope!

In 2018 I purchased a manual espresso machine, and have been chasing the dragon since lol. First it was a good burr grinder, then it was upgrading the steam wand, and then before I knew it I was modding it to lower pressure.

I keep saying to myself that its cheaper than buying coffee, but Im not so sure anymore :rofl: :rofl: :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

I feel this. :coffee: :heart:

6 Likes

Hey y’all!

Any reccomendations for thc, cbc, cbg, etc testing in southern ontario?

3 Likes

I could test some for ya…image

(sorry…had to)

7 Likes

In Ancaster but no experience with them or any other lab for that matter.

Does anyone get their soil tested and if so where?

I see the lab I posted offers soil testing but perhaps there are recommendations.

5 Likes