The Canadian Contingent (Part 1)

Of course!!

…In Solo cups… :rofl: :pinching_hand:

Cheers
G

7 Likes

I think you meant…solo CUP. Ten plants in one solo cup. Probably max out at about 5 inches

3 Likes

Yeah, 3K lumens is great for seedlings and rooting clones but you are going to need more horse power for full veg and flower.

I had to ask myself if I actually wanted one and the little voice in my head said “Hmm… No”. (I’m really happy with my DIY Bridgelux/Meanwell setups). :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Mind telling me a bit more about your setup…I’m an outdoor guy shopping for my first indoor setup.

2 Likes

I have one of those kind of lights for my garage and they’re bright af. First thing I thought when I used it was damn, you could probably grow some weed under it of course. There’s tons of them on Amazon too.

Someone who I’ve been talking to lately who used to be a member here actually has a setup with a bunch of LED light (16w reg house bulbs I think with the plastic pulled off) attached with some wood and some wire in an array of 3-4. I was actually impressed with how nice of weed he has and how much light the plants actually get. I think there’s 32 of them in total for maybe a 4x8 tent? Not exactly sure of the size but the plants themselves are really nice.

Got me thinking I might try to expand a bit of space and try it myself. After I saw that I thought about these garage lights and if you had a decent amount of em spread out properly you could prob make a pretty decent grow light out of it. Not the “fanciest” light but def way cheaper and easier to replace if something goes wrong. I think I did the math and it was maybe 280 bucks total for 500W of led plus the wires and wood. Not bad considering most LED grow lights are 1k+ for that wattage. Next time we speak maybe I’ll ask him to come by and post some pics or if I can post one of his pics here to show.

3 Likes

This is an excellent reference:

If you are ‘DIY handy’ and are comfortable doing some wiring than you should scan through this great thread Mr Sparkle started.

My build was this:

I’ve also added strips to the undersides of wire rack shelving for cloning etc.

I’m planning on adding a couple more tents and I’ll build the lights for those as well.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Awesome…thanks!

2 Likes

LED bulbs 3/$0.99 from Canadian tire.

I’m sure in the right hands these lights can do some serious damage.

Efficiency on the SIL approach is garbage compared to current LED panels. Never worked out the total cost of ownership on anything but for less than $20 it makes for a fun experiment.

9 Likes

If you wish to go DIY there’s at least a dozen folks here that will help with any questions.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

I bought these for the garage as well and they are bright.
LED Garage Lights 2 Pack, 80W Deformable LED Garage Ceiling Lights,Garage Light Bulb, 8000 lumiere Led Garage Light with 3 Adjustable Panels, 6500K Garage LED Lamp,LED Shop Lights for Garage, Workshop https://a.co/d/51MGSDP
I was wondering if they would be worth it as supplemental light to the CMHs.

3 Likes

Canadian Fact:

The reason we changed to coins for the $1 and $2 is because of the power of the stripper lobby.

Can’t be flinging loonies at strippers.

It’s a conspiracy!

4 Likes

I wired my own string lights to fill the voids around my big lights. My corners are not dark anymore.

2 Likes

Can’t be flinging loonies at strippers.

not with that attitude you cant… :angry:

1 Like

Aim for the belly button.

There was a news story awhile back during the lockdown about a well known Toronto stripper wasn’t able to make her Maserati payments.

Loonies add up I guess.

2 Likes

Has anyone had any dealings with Faded Fungi?

They have a couple stores in Ottawa (and a few elsewhere). They are selling shrooms and LSD… :thinking:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

HEY Y’ALL : FREE TREES!!

Fill this in on the link above’s page to see if you qualify:

I’m FINALLY gonna have 2x American Hazelnuts for FREE !!!

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :+1:

5 Likes

And an oldie but a goodie!

3 Likes

Selling LSD? And I can’t go across the Border for a Taco? Welcome to Canada :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Me too, Amherstburg

1 Like

The LSD is probably 1P-LSD which is a derivative of LSD and legal

4 Likes