The Canadian Contingent (Part 1)

Thats the number one motorcycle accident. :frowning_face:

1 Like

Yeah short of serious injury it couldn’t have been more ugly.

1 Like

Pffft. Chicks dig scars

2 Likes

It’s why I’m a selfmutilator.

1 Like

Welcome to the second installment of Great Canadian Landmarks.

Allow me to take you back in time to May 17, 1964 to the place where the first Tim Horton’s was opened and then rapidly back to the present where the Tim Horton’s Museum stands today.

65 Ottawa St N, Hamilton, ON L8J 3Y9
43.244764322556726, -79.81912258747818

Not having been to this location since the early 90’s I was pleasantly surprised by the Tim Horton’s museum.

I always loved the bowties, especially once smoke-free restaurants began to emerge and smoking was banned in public places. Who remembers smoking in shopping malls? Prior to that everything on Tim Horton’s menu tasted like cigarettes, even the soft drinks.

There was only a small strip of seats at the entrance with the remaining seating upstairs in the dining room. The dining room was very nicely furnished with large rustic wooden tables and featured a fireplace.

I neglected to take pictures of the dining room for the sake of the three other patrons there whom I figured wanted to enjoy their cheap coffee in peace. I also didn’t get any closeups of all the display cabinets which is a shame because there is a well curated collection of coffee cups and staff uniforms.

6 Likes

I think that’s just called the donut counter.

What other original fast food influencers you got there? 17th pita pit franchise?

Edit - also haha Miles Gilbert.

1 Like

Hey now, that’s Tim Horton you’re talking about.

1 Like

Yup. I used the smoke in the food court at the Madison Centre all the time

@Pigeonman

2 Likes

That guy eats too many donuts and whipped cream lattes.

1 Like

Back in the day Tim Hortons was the best. They actually had bakers that baked the goods on site. Horton did this on purpose so when you walked in you would smell all those delicious things. Now it’s some snotty kid heating half pre cooked crap so from a skilled baker to some minimum wage kid in many cases. Oh well, that’s the world for you, always changing. Hell even fast food places like McDonald’s had killer burgers once upon a time.

4 Likes

Tims used to have pretty good coffee. Now it’s barely drinkable.

2 Likes

Hell it’s not even kids it’s temporary foreign workers

2 Likes

Oh I remember fresh donuts. When they started shipping frozen donuts all of the donuts in the area came from the Tim Horton’s in Stoney Creek. There was even a sign like Krispy Kreme indicating when fresh donuts were being made.

Alas even that era has passed.

2 Likes

Litteral smoke and mirrors! Lol

3 Likes

2 Likes

What if I break the wind?

5 Likes

The added speed created will push you past terminal velocity and you will die :wink:

2 Likes

Might need a Spinal Tap after that one.

1 Like

Yeah but at least there is finally a purpose for Aqua Man.

1 Like

@lophophora.ca

Speaking of historic salty fast food locations…

Home and site of the first McDonalds franchise in Canada, Location Richmond BC first opened in 1967 obvious updates since then.

49.161630,-123.136209

6 Likes