The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Even the Chiapas sprouts were purple. Purple! .

Im told These were the only seeds ( just 5) of the Chiapas Purple and Guadalajara. Very small batch.
The purple is " the nicest Mexican Purple I’ve ever seen" and Guadalajara high is " very strong, like walking on pillows".
A couple others have grown the Traditional Oaxaca and are raving about it. Sad I only got two so far, but if I don’t get a male and female I have Cryptic Labs Oaxaca pollen to use, or my summers keeper 3 sisters plants, along with @TexasTea’s beauty.
I’m told these are all pure. Let’s hope so!

24 Likes

Good Luck on this Batch o History @Upstate. I’ve not seen Purple this early, ever!

3 Likes

Wow! These look like you could plant 3 seeds together and they would just intertwine, but not strangle each other. Could probably plant them super dense.

4 Likes

@rasterman has that opportunity right now😁. I’m thinking you’d have an awful mess on your hands come harvest time, but I’d like to see it anyway lol. These can get really big.
@MissinBissin thanks. I hope so too.

4 Likes

I sort of expect some trouble managing growth but I’m actually doing it right now with a Namkading landrace. There are three copies of two clones in this pot.

If I get that one fire pheno, there won’t be enough to enjoy for long, but I can just grow it again in its own pot.

16 Likes

Oh man, those are beautiful sprouts! Let’s hope you can make an interesting repro! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Fingers crossed! May not happen til summer, but Lord willing, I’ll make seeds.

7 Likes

Ye …whaaa go man your rocking it.

P J

3 Likes

@Papalag

Amnesia Haze x Choc rain…

Clone 1

Busting to get out of veg…

P J

16 Likes

Huixtepec ever get any further along? Did you say you picked it already? How is it now if you did?
How’s that Oaxaca smoking?

6 Likes

Oaxacan is getting colorful. Leaves of gold, red, some purple!

Uploading: IMG_20231128_165605_493.jpg…

18 Likes

Peshawar Afghani

Oaxacan clone 21 days flower and stretching like crazy!

Oaxacan sop pheno in jars today!

22 Likes

@420noob Nice! That Oaxaca filled out alot in just a few days! (or its a better picture.) She looks done now :ok_hand:. Calyxes have swelled and new flower formation has slowed down.
I see some fresh new bright green leaves. ( looks like they were in last week’s photo too. I missed them.) That’s all she wrote :grin:. The plant wants to reveg rather than flower more. Good job bringing her to the finish!
You and @HumblePie420 have shown an envious amount of determination :clap: :muscle:.
Peshawar might be done too…
Ps…I see seeds. You should get at least a few

9 Likes

Yay f’ing A woohoo she is coming down yay. Thanks @upstate and all the others on this thread that have given advice and guidance.

5 Likes

@Papalag y @Upstate

Pheno 1. …46 days since flip

Amnesia Haze x Choc rain. ( escobar repro. Seed heaven.

This is a nice Pheno, growing very uniformly…a wee bit of frost showing on buds now. Ye I love her and her :dancing_women:‍♀,s

P J

23 Likes

That’s awesome! Good luck with the purple Oaxaca! I went to Oaxaca in early 2000’s and the bud we scored was a fantastic sativa with purple buds as well. Still kicking myself for ditching the beans but we had so much we had a quota of like 12 joints a day per person and the paranoia crept up on me at a checkpoint outside the airport.

The worst part is I found a roach I’d forgotten about in my clothes when I got back to the states so I would’ve been fine to bring the beans :joy:

8 Likes

Those jars of the pearl pheno look fantastic, nice work.

5 Likes

Yeah, I want to smoke one those footballs!

3 Likes

I won’t be content until I can fill a fifty five gallon contractor bag and make a giant football😁. My mouth waters thinking about it. I’m already on quarter rations of my red stem beauty from last summer. I’ve smoked 65% already😭. Once or twice a week i smoke a bud. One can never have enough…
Small update on the New Mexi varieties. Looks like the decapitated Guadalajara sprout will live, making 5 of 5. There was still a half inch of sprout below the cotyledon, and it looks repaired upon inspection. It may not grow much for while, but it will still contribute towards the next generation.
All 5 Chiapas Purple are growing and still just 2 of 7 traditional Oaxaca. 3 Coyacan are joining the fun.
@TexasTea’s Oaxaca cuttings are planted, both of my keeper 3 sisters from this summer are planted.

16 Likes

@Papalag y @Upstate

Am/haze x Choc rain

Pheno 2 …48 days from flip

This is the tallest of the chicas…with this lovely feather type buds …completely different from the other two…interesting plant.

P J

20 Likes