The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Ye it’s quite a novelty…if it’s a trait it’s certainly not of concern.

Yes unusual…like finding a four leaf clover , make a wish LOL

P J

4 Likes

Four Ace Panama day 83 of 12/12. Going to chop tomorrow for sure. Smells kinda of lemony and floral.

29 Likes

Thanks ! I hope to be around more. That’s awesome to hear ! I’m excited to finally grow a long flowering Sativa, hope to find some interesting effects. Interesting, yeah I guess my mind always went to warm sunny weather when I though of Mexico but you’re right lots of elevation down there.

5 Likes

Those are some Solid Panama’s @Uprangewilly. Congrats on hitting that Fade as the Clock winds-down

4 Likes

Those are amazing plants look at the bud stacking! What size pots are those? Well done!

2 Likes

Thank you. Those are half gallon pots.

3 Likes

My Oaxacan just keeps throwing more and more pistils.

IMG_20231125_100414_156
Peshawar Afghani

What do you think about Oaxacan @upstate

21 Likes

Well, this was from 3 days ago​:rofl: lol. Is someone a little anxious to harvest?:grin:
Fresh stigmas ripen in 2 or 3 weeks. Just take a look at what you have ripe now, and judge it against the amount of fresh and immature flowers coming on now. By the time these fresh stigmas have ripened, anything that is prime right now will be past peak by then, though still good. At 1 point the old flowers will be going bad quicker than the new flowers are getting good. Then it’s time to harvest. There are no rules against harvesting finished flowers… If you get a frosty fire cracker That is completely ripe with no new flowers coming out of the end of it, cut that sucker off and smoke it.

10 Likes

I got 100% germination on both the Oaxacan BX1 Pearl Stem…

…and the Red Snake…

17 Likes

Great start

Good luck on your grow.
Red Snake is a very rewarding plant to grow.

P J

6 Likes

Thanks @Panamajock! I feel I will be well-rewarded with both grows. Roughly 30% of my flower space will be devoted to long grows for at least the next 8 months or so! :rofl:

6 Likes

@420noob is eager to harvest : ) From a resin point of view a great way to tell for sure is with a lupe/magnifying glass. I don’t like my sativas with much amber resin heads (might as well grow something quicker and higher yielding for that effect) - it’s strain/plant dependant whether the older resin is ambering as fresh stigmas emerge. For the majority of harvests there are still some white stigmas at the growing tips when most of the resin is milky with little amber. When all the stigmas are brown usually the older resin has ambered and the effect is less energetic. This is my experience with 8-10 week lines.

6 Likes

Me either. Ruins the up effect imo…but I’m more sensitive than most to cbn

5 Likes

Lmao sorry it seemed like a week! :rofl::rofl::rofl:. The top buds all the trics are white as could be just the few trics by the new pistils. So pretty much do whatever but harvest in sections might be the way to go without losing goodies. The whole 8 weeks of flower with a light leak then another 10 wks it seems sssooo much longer than should have. Thanks for your patience.

I’m so bad with this I need to learn to write this stuff down. I just received some seeds and can’t remember from who. I got 74’ punta cometa oaxacan purple pheno. I apologize for this but thanks!

12 Likes

Those are the ones I sent you, look on the back. :grin:

Edit: Snowhigh ‘74 Punta Cometa Oaxacan

10 Likes

The sneaky back label tells the tail. Don’t feel bad I’ve been caught in the same situation.

8 Likes

Lol that’s why I couldn’t find the dm it was labeled completely different. Thanks man I remember now these chemtrails have really had a noticable effect on my memory. Anyways thanks man! I believe I gonna have a nice collection of sativa running a couple months into the new year.:hugs:

4 Likes

I expect 20 weeks with that one. Seems on target. You got the same pheno George got. I had one really similar, probably the same pheno, but yours looks more like his. I nearly picked it at week 15 and then an explosive burst of new flowers came out. The new flowers were round, but flat. Lots of flat quarter sized buds 1/4" thick, each layer half lapping the next like shingles. (Casey Jones buds are similar)finished at week 20 or 21. George’s too.

6 Likes

Well good thing I have another clone 3 weeks flower and one vegging in a 5 gal fabric pot so should have enough plant for clones! The 3 wk flower is balls of pistils and stretching.

3 Likes

Some new Mexican varieties to go thru.
I don’t know which is which in the photo, but we’ve got 5 Chiapas Purple, 4 1/2 Guadalajara ( I decapitated one🤬), a couple Traditional Oaxaca, with hopes of a couple more, and @George a few Coyacan ( Coyote x Oaxaca), a hybrid of my old strain and George’s 20 week Oaxaca, made by George😁(

19 Likes