The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

I should get fish and bone meal in the big city.

Six month ago I bought some Advocado saplings …they’re not doing to well, but handled the dry season…we are now moving into the wet season.

So I need to get some nutrients into them and I’m sure the stuff mentioned can help them out.!as well
image|375x500

11 Likes

@YoBigdaddy swears Sativas and worms LOVE avocados cut in half, de pitted, and flipped rind up ( flesh down) on the soil.

6 Likes

Interesting.

3 Likes

The soil must be amazing underneath avocado trees

4 Likes

This is how I feed my plants dry amendments you take that fishbone or feather meal or whatever dry amendments you wish to use scrape the goodies out of the avocado mix it up with the dry amendments put it back in the avocado shell face down next to the stem of your plant, the worms come along eat the avocado eat the dry amendments disperse amongst the roots of your plant. Plants love it the worms love it it looks pretty cool when you lift up the shell and see all them worms. Plus it increases the availability of the nutrients to the plant and it seems like I read somewhere it increases the strength Of the nutrients. all I know is that’s why my plants stay happy that and the compost tea is all I ever feed my plants.

13 Likes

Save yourself a trip to the store and a few bucks make it yourself DIY, here’s a linkhttps://buildasoil.com/blogs/news/9765382-diy-fertilizer-and-homemade-fish-fermentations

6 Likes

Succulents, cacti …Jade plants , citrus …advocados all grow here…

It’s the Tierra negro ( Volcanic soil full of a pumice ) I smash it up and mix with my potting soil.

The red snakes and Punta Cometa have it in there soil

14 Likes

The link don’t work.

But I get the drift….I got some Thai fermented fish paste …I use in cooking …maybe that be ok LOL

Thanks YBD

5 Likes

I think their website is down here’s a video of how I do it. I have done both the jadom way and the Viking Way and I couldn’t tell a difference in how either worked.

10 Likes

Whaaa …that’s a eye opener

Ye got plenty fish here….I might give that a go…the lactic acid?

But Whaa it did look yummy LOL

Ye I’m all for anything organic …thanks again

Ps…is that you in the video…I sure do like the ginger :joy: must be Scottish or Irish blood there.

P J

7 Likes

Sweet video! What’s his site name?
Garden like a viking channel?

3 Likes

No that’s not me in the video, but I’ve got a ton of Irish blood flowing through my veins. Lol
Are you familiar with jadam organic farming? Ton of great information there. And you can make lactic acid with rice wash water and milk, also known as L.A.B.S. which are also great for the garden I use it on everything. I think he is known as the Viking farmer I’ll double check

7 Likes

Yeah garden like a Viking he’s got a ton of great organic videos doesn’t try to complicate things makes it simple so people like me can even understand

6 Likes

Thank you very much.

We go to Valhalla!

I like things like this kinda nerdy …but no probs

P J

5 Likes

Garden like a Scotsman in Panama LOL

Viva la vida

4 Likes

I like this, but I cringe every time he says " Hydro-lie-sate"! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Funny shit! I have been watching that guy over the last few days and I am learning some interesting things but he bothers me with some of the shit he says. I am definitely going to be turning whitefish into fertilizer all summer!

7 Likes

Haa, I know you’re in MT when you talk about whitefish. I haven’t heard that in a looong time.

I have a few bags of fish scraps from last year. I freeze them and will be making some stuff this year. I need to get a LABS going first.

4 Likes

The whittefish on this river are hogs and they have been kind of squeezing the trout out on the lower section and they are working their way upstream. Fish hydrolosate is already my favorites and if I can make that for cheap and help the trout that is a perfect situation for me.
I’ll see how it works out.

6 Likes

Good luck. Everybody will like you for making fertilizer out of whitefish, heh. At least all of the river fisherman.

6 Likes