The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

I have a decent book on the history of hash and hash cultivars but that’s as close as I can get you :+1:

1 Like

Can you show a picture of the cover? I read some books about it some years ago…

The plan was to smoke a decent amount of blonde hash I got yesterday from a friend and watch a cannabis documentary preferably about the history :smiley:

2 Likes

Sure man.

Some things about it annoy me but overall very interesting.

11 Likes

Thanks man! I will go on a little book shopping tour, see if I can find it and some more

2 Likes

Cheers. If you’re on a book quest and don’t have it already Marijuana Botany by Clarke is a must have.

The hash one I showed you is a bit folksy. The botany is all sciencey.

All the best.

8 Likes

There is a good thread on grow books etc on OG …some you can download as well.

Regards

P J

3 Likes

Yes they will.
@Old-Ron I was about to ask you how many years flowering for this one LOL!!! I wouldn’t say there’s any question as to Purity is there? I hope you can stand waiting another few months for the Cure. Tough to do after waiting so long! Happy to hear its already good!

6 Likes

first is the one normal"ish" tlt jam Long flower in week 13 of flower. Testing the theory as to if seeds can be made in 20 minutes or not. I pollinated one small Bud earlier today prior to a thunderstorm. I’m not expecting any seeds but others have said it only takes 20 minutes for fertilization. I always thought it took at least 12 hours and waited a day in the past before washing plants off. We shall see.
Huixtepec coming along slowly. Definitely a 16-20 week flower from seed😁 and that’s a great sign it’s pure. There’s most surely some purple calyxes in my favorite which is also the largest and most resinous. I have read that cold nights before flowering can induce partial purple calyxes in Oaxacan strains, possibly due to their growing altitude. I have also seen it happen from cold temperatures late in flowering with Old Silversides.

Not very good pictures. Will get better ones soon. They do this one no justice.

25 Likes

Recognize this little guy? :sunglasses:

All 5 sprouted and are on their way!

15 Likes

Nice narrow leaves on that little one😁

3 Likes

Huixtepec with some purpling.

30 Likes

Its getting really beautiful! :bouquet::herb::herb::herb:

5 Likes

Hola Bros…
Some pure mexican strains from central México
Sometimes is hard to know the right location
A good friend of mine got this plants. It got two months since the first day of sproud the seeds so i’m sure this strain give really tall plants.

30 Likes

I’m really loving these plants! My only regret is that I didn’t do the irresponsible thing and plant more seeds.
That 2 month old plant looks like it will be a tree! I’ve seen pictures of a 22 foot Cannabis plant from Mexico. This looks like a contender!

10 Likes

That’s it. Now I have to try growing it in a 6’ tent.

10 Likes

The secret to this is to train it to grow into a spiral!

9 Likes

I tried to train a plant around the outside of a 15 gal grow bag once. Turned into an awful mess haha. It was going well until the branches started growing in towards the center, all into/over each other. Maybe go with a larger diameter circle haha. It was a zamaldelica express. Good smoke though. :+1:

9 Likes

22 feet? That’s like 7 meters, God damn oO

2 Likes

Maybe trimming the inside of the circle before flowering could work better ??
I tried growing bushes crush n bend style but when they grew bigger I could only water from one spot, so I would just dumped some water and rotated the ‘puddle’ till I felt it was uniform. :laughing:
I often wonder how lst-ers and scroggers water their pots without sub irrig (maybe wrong term)

5 Likes

1/4 turn each day, water in the same spot = 4x diffent spots. Lst to the pot vs to a screen, and till the top layer of soil every few days to ensure no poolong.

4 Likes