The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

@Fanetilimanu…welcome. to try and answer your question…for me…Sativa landraces have a special high in many instances. It’s just different from your “everyday smoke” and often becomes a favorite once grown. Energetic highs are great. I hear some can be racy…I’m looking😁, but many are just energetic and or psychedelic. Gets you going, keeps you going and gets you in the zone and keeps you there. You can get a lot done quickly. Great ideas become common, though they come too fast to remember all of them. No fatigue or heaviness of body. Some painkilling abilities with some. Sociable. Giddy. Happy. Motivated. Makes you young again if you are getting old.
Fun to grow.
They are a great Conversation piece.
Tasty
Easy to grow
They are beautiful and different
No tolerance build up.
Limited supplies needed to grow them
Can be grown and kept happy in very small containers
No ceiling to the high in some cases
Full spectrum of cannabinoids
New or unknown cannabinoids are possible
High thcv levels sometimes
There’s many good reasons to try a Sativa. I missed a lot of them lol. Pull up a chair and let us convince you to try one😁 photo plants take 90 days with a veg period. Autos can take longer these days too. 75 days? 112 days and you are in solid Sativa country. Thats only 22-37 more days than what you are used to, to grow a 16 week Sativa flowering from seed. Factor in 12 12 cycle from seed and electric is comparable too.
Here’s Huixtepec, from Oaxaca/ Guerrero border in Southwest Mexico. Sprouted and Flowering since 2-18. Getting close.

24 Likes

Lots of good reasons you mention.

Also, very difficult to acquire unless you grow it yourself. :+1:

11 Likes

Oh yea I have tried to find anything sativa in Oklahoma but its never there…silver lemon haze or something like that is the closest I have found…no heirlooms or true landrace sativas

3 Likes

She got a nose yet?

2 Likes

You convinced me :evergreen_tree:
16 weeks… sheesh

Pulled up a chair :popcorn:

3 Likes

All citrus on these. One smells just like oranges.

7 Likes

keep on this thread and you’ll end up diving-in as well :rofl: (I am as soon as I can stabilize summer indoor temps or i’ll wait for sept.)

7 Likes

It’s only a matter of mind. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter😁

9 Likes

or - It’s mind over matter. If you don’t have a mind, it doesn’t matter :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Lastnight, Snowhigh started posting some old pics from the BOEL calanders — there’s a lot of central mexicans to gawk at, Colombians, Thai, early Indicas, etc etc

What especially caught my eye was the Yucatan :thinking: Anyone have some personal memories of that specifically? For window shopping purposes, does anyone specifically sell Yucatan seeds?

https://instagram.com/snowhighseeds?igshid=NDBlY2NjN2I=

7 Likes

Yucatan is supposed to have a very potent jungle land race. @Elchischas has been looking for it. Belize also has a land race with surprisingly chunky buds…not sure if its hybridized? Lots of tourism in the Yucatan, so hybrids are possible or probable.

6 Likes

Upstate’s DPR.

60 days since the first show of female. …natural girl seems to be waking up and moving into some kind of second flowering…

The Bahia Landrace …is racing away …24 days from the flip.I’m sure it’s female…but it seems to putting a hell of a stretch on …glad I’ve plenty headroom in the greenhouse. Foto 4 and 5

Regards

P J

23 Likes

It looks.like the MDS is available again on jbc. Not sure if its worth it…any smoke reports?

2 Likes

You always top them? That Bahia is beautiful and huge :kissing_heart: , you didn’t start 12/12 from seed? Having that high ceiling is a plus … :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

@lambchopedd has experience with this one and may chime in.

3 Likes

@Panamajock I hope that potential Brazilian landrace keeps on stretching for the Stars. Should be a tall one…
The Panama’s looking extra chubby this time…but I think you got the name wrong…this is your Panama, yes? PJ Panama?
@Trowertripper i think Lambchopedd liked it very much

4 Likes

Ye that’s the PJ version LOL , from the little back cross I done with the broad sticky male.

@George
ye I sometimes top them especially if there running tall…but I do also like growing for a big cola.

Yes the Bahia was vegged on 16/8 …
EDIT…stocky male …not sticky male
Thanks

PJ

8 Likes

@Trowertripper Doc D was on Lemonhokos nw47 breedcast and spoke lowly about the potency. I somewhat agree.

My experience is that it’s not “energetic”, it’s very clear. Potency could be better (imo), but I’ve had other ppl smoke it and swear I was crazy! To me, it’s great morning weed that makes me productive. But the “death” in its name leaves a bit to be desired.

5 Likes

I know I’m off topic a wee tad.

But I been waiting for three years for these Banana plants to Flower.

Finally …So it ain’t that bad …Three years in veg. LOL

All plants are different …But truly wonderful…especially when you know the bit of love you gave them …might have helped.![

Regards

P J

image|375x500](upload://8Vks0UHET2fAQUWNL75shAQAiOx.jpeg)

21 Likes

I’ll never complain about 16 weeks again!

9 Likes