The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

Impressive plant! I wish it would grow like that here where I live

4 Likes

Ye. @gmike as a big Destroyer fan please keep us informed.

Your plants are top notch, sterling work.

4 Likes

Oh man! This is exactly what I was talking about! What a fabulous plant. Hope those seeds are able to make their way around the world :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Love them skinny leaves. :slight_smile:

So, my one Upstate/Cryptic Oaxacan is a boy…I’m not going to save pollen this time I don’t think. But I will pop more seeds this fall and try again.

So far this outdoor season I do not have a single female plant going. Every single seed has been male so far. I do have 6 more seedlings started from various strains so will hopefully get at least one or two girls…I’m actually going to try to reveg my last Red Snake plant that I just chopped down this morning. I will stick her in the ground next week, after this 98 F weekend passes.

10 Likes

Ooph, bad odds man.
And yeah, 40s yesterday morning, upper 90s tomorrow, wtf!

2 Likes

I took down my last Red Snake this morning. This is a mother plant that had been in veg since the fall. I have tons of seeds so I decided to flower this out and move on. But, she is such a beast, this Red Snake #2 plant, that now I’m thinking I will transplant her into the garden and see if she will take off again. Worth a shot.

Love these spindly, pearly Oaxacan looking buds. My favorite smoke this past winter.

26 Likes

My Upstate/Cryptic Oaxacan has such a nice promising structure…but is a boy. :smiley:

15 Likes

Man, I love the look of those pearls!

2 Likes

I know, such a lovely velvety pearl look. This thing was a branchy beast. Very delicate branches but super bushy with tiny branches going every which way. The flowers are actually a little heavier than they look, and this whole plant was kept in a 1 gallon pot for the whole flowering. She was fast too, maybe 11 weeks. Will mature into a lovely floral and citrus musk when dry and given a short cure. Nice to smoke it through all the drying stages.

6 Likes

Pearly girl!

22 Likes

Damn, my mouth is watering! Can’t wait to tear into mine sometime next year. Thank you brother.

2 Likes

Sure does look like Oaxaca dominant plant. I bet she smokes good!

2 Likes

I gotta repot my oaxacans today…hope mine have some girls! I have a couple.romulan grapefruit that are gonna reveg…if they were pollenated with they make seeds before revegging? So far I haven’t seen any.

1 Like

Columbian Gold. 154 days in flower. She is coming down tonight. Sample bud hit smooth, really nice head high.

25 Likes

First photo Looks like a weed monster doing a pose

3 Likes

Lol…it does.

3 Likes

Like Gumby in a ghillie suit giving a thumbs up :+1: :joy:

5 Likes

This thread along with the heirloom thread is so entertaining!

BTW is there a documentary regarding cultivation and history of landraces or heirloom strains one can recommend?

2 Likes

I have a decent book on the history of hash and hash cultivars but that’s as close as I can get you :+1:

1 Like

Can you show a picture of the cover? I read some books about it some years ago…

The plan was to smoke a decent amount of blonde hash I got yesterday from a friend and watch a cannabis documentary preferably about the history :smiley:

2 Likes