The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

For sureā€¦or Michoacan maybe? Lol. Somebody butchered the name. I havenā€™t met anyone here in NY thatā€™s gotten Oaxaca pronounced correctlyšŸ˜
Some pronunciations are classic.

7 Likes

Oh my! I see it nowā€¦screw those cookie tinsā€¦I want a Oaxaca variety pack for Christmas!
@Motaco I hope you are wrong, but probably not. Iā€™m still dreaming of ordering a brick of Paki Black Hash from overseas. My dad always raved about it. Maybe someday.

7 Likes

Some very interesting posts lately, thanks so much! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Sounds like I have 3 or 4 more Oaxacas I need to find. Sweeeeet! The search continues. I wonder which Oaxacan Cryptic Labs strain is?

6 Likes

Send me your address again buddy. I will remember to save it this timeā€‹:lying_face::grin:

3 Likes

@Pigeonman opened up the wiki for the Jalisco. :grinning:

@Upstate @deeez99 @SkunkHunt101 @Panamajock @TexasTea @Papalag

14 Likes

Any left?
10character

2 Likes

@PineTarBastard thanks for posting in here!! I was SOO TIRED when I finished getting that posted I spaced out on posting the link here!! :man_facepalming:

BIG LOVE!!!

:hugs:

4 Likes

If you missed out Iā€™ve got you @Wuachuma :v:

6 Likes

Itā€™s thrilling to see this collective effort in preserving autochthonous varieties, shearing first hand experiences on growing them, their features, and what is known about their history. Itā€™s also inspiring to see one committed to grow long flowering varieties (even when there are local law restrictions about this plant that could put one in trouble) to preserve what closely remains form traditional varieties (and not being worried if it has a low yield, a poor ratio of leafs and calyx). (imo those were the best experience that I could get from growing and smoking, but I couldnā€™t tell if they were any close to pure landrace, but they had some features related)
Iā€™m trying to catch up with guys, but Iā€™m still going through those previous posts (I just reached the #1000 post now) and I amazed about such valuable knowledge shared, I canā€™t stop reading itā€¦
Does anyone know if there is a strain line from cannabigen that has a south American landrace heritageĀæ
I do remember once reading in the cannabiogen forum about some old Paraguayan line, I did go through the seedfinder database but I couldnā€™t find anything.

7 Likes

@Foreigner do you know which line is this one?
and has it ripen or still florewing?

4 Likes

@Foreigner is on vaycay with his missus enjoying Panama for all of us so he may be a while in the reply :rofl: :v:

7 Likes

ok , thanks
just for curiosity, no rush

2 Likes

cannbiogen - punto rojo is wat i would grow. its landrace i think, yes.

5 Likes

Thank you @PineTarBastard! I think that was the quickest Iā€™ve seen a list fill up since Iā€™ve joined.

@Piter and @Wuachuma if you were asking about the PR x RS then send me and address. Thatā€™s it on those as I only dusted a small branch. All other mailings went out yesterday. Also, I labeled the packages as 12-14 weeks but since these are F2ā€™s they could be all over the place. In hindsight I should have left that part off the package but that was the time period that the F1ā€™s took for me.

10 Likes

Pretty sure(although not positive) the CBG Punto Rojo was woven together from a few separate landrace punto rojo lines.

5 Likes

Found this at icmag where Charlie/Kaiki used to frequent

12 Likes

Thanks, thought I remembered reading it but couldnā€™t remember what/who the source was

4 Likes

Many thanks @deeez99 .
Pm sent.
:star_struck:

4 Likes

fichas-colombia_compressed.pdf (1.0 MB) in the forum of cannabiogen there were some records about their lines, along with the history of the lines and their region, possible entries of some varieties in middle and south america.
it happens I downloaded some of them before the end of the forum . i think it is okay to share it here (if it isnā€™t just let me know ) , valuable for the info it contains

13 Likes