The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

fichas-colombia_compressed.pdf (1.0 MB) in the forum of cannabiogen there were some records about their lines, along with the history of the lines and their region, possible entries of some varieties in middle and south america.
it happens I downloaded some of them before the end of the forum . i think it is okay to share it here (if it isn’t just let me know ) , valuable for the info it contains

13 Likes

Hell yeah. Thanks, dude.

4 Likes

thanks for that !!!

here is it in english fichas-colombia_compressed.es.en.pdf (1.1 MB)

10 Likes

I’m so glad I was able to score some of these Punto Rojo seeds from Cannabiogen a few years ago. They are certainly fun to grow. They do tend to be stretchy and take a long time, 18-21 weeks, very good yield though…Mine were not the best tasting, but the aromas were fantastic, and when combined with Oaxacan you get this fabulous Red Snake.

14 Likes

Awesome, thanks for sharing @josuejcas and also @royal for the translation.

Very fortunate. It didn’t sound like many had expected them to close up shop like they did and I never did find the whole story on that.

7 Likes

its pure speculation but:
i think snowhigh has a punto rojo that reminded me of cannabiogens punto rojo. same?

6 Likes

Well, it sounded like he was getting older and maybe has some health issues. I have a feeling that the seed biz is harder and more time consuming than it looks so they weren’t really making much money on it. The market for longer flowering sativas is not very big, because if it doesn’t finish in 7-8 weeks with rock hard nugs most people can’t be bothered. Just my opinion…

11 Likes

Looks like In OG there’s plenty of sativa conaisseurs :face_with_monocle:, it’s amazing how 150 spots rapidly disappeared in @Pigeonman’s Jalisco run bandit|nullxnull, hope they are not just seed hoarders and they will grow them … beer3|nullxnull

16 Likes

Right, but out of 8 billion people, 150 isn’t even a rounding error. I guarantee you 99% of weed sold and seeds sold and grown are either pure indica or polyhybrids. Not trying to argue George, I’m just stating reality. Pure sativa lovers are few and far between these days. We have a select audience here and on a few forums. :smiley:

I was just in a local dispensary a couple of weeks ago here in MA. I asked the guy for sativas, and he hands me a menu of all polyhybrids. Same story in the dozen dispensaries I have visited here in MA. Because that’s what most people want, that’s what most people think weed is these days, and no growers want to grow anything longer flowering because it isn’t commercially feasible with all the taxes and regulations. They need that quick turnover and so they grow super potent fast flowering polyhybrids from clones that make me fuzzy headed and sleepy, lol…

16 Likes

And taste like dryer sheets…lol

6 Likes

I completely agree Arriba|nullxnull, was just a way to indirectly applause Pigeonman for his success Aplausos|nullxnull. Also Upstate for bringing us the love for this never-ending flowering strains, in Central America is well known but here in Europe not that much … beer3|nullxnull

14 Likes

Seems to me there is more interest in Sativas these days. People just need to be educated. Then they will be interested. Everyone in my circle, my whole family and people that I work with loves the pure sativas and wonders why they can’t buy something similar. This country is all about fads. Its a matter of time til there is a Sativa fad.
I do think more than half the world is still smoking sativas

18 Likes

ME TOO! :crossed_fingers:

12 Likes

there are some others reports about cbg lines saved,
they fit to the this thread.
maybe it is valuable for some looking for infos about these linesfichas-oaxaca_compressed.pdf (369.9 KB)
8_Mexico_compressed.pdf (405.5 KB)

7 Likes

¿en inglés por favor? Como me falta el sabor español!

3 Likes

I’d just found these in spanish version,

2 Likes

I’ll figure it out with :robot: 's. :+1:

Thanks so much for sharing!

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing, I heard also in other sources the story that it was brought by Spanish conquerors, feel proud for it … ejem|nullxnull

4 Likes

Makes sense…when Prohibition ended all we had was cat piss American Pilsners for decades, and then the craft brew revolution came. So maybe we’re in that first phase. I would love to think Americans will discover there is a world beyond Budweiser Buds. :smiley:

8 Likes

I think you are right. Spanish snd Portuguese Sailors and maybe even conquistadors in the1500’s in some places. But I wonder if there is also an older genepool. 1800’s is the accepted timeline for drug cannabis as far as I know. (1830 Indian drug cannabis landed in Venezuela rings a bell. )
I think some landraces decend from What were called hemp but were drug strains or Himalayan type multi use strains/ Chinese Broadleaf Hemp…but there is no proof. Also the African slaves are a likely source. Again, no.proof.

8 Likes