The Central American landrace and heirloom thread

I been using these Grove bags since last year…cured a few different strains…They definitely work…no burping needed.

Ps…did you use any nutes on your grow especially later in flower…or are they ok with root feeds and some mollases…that’s what I usually do.

P aj

P J

10 Likes

How do you find the cure in the Grove bags?
Comparable to jars?

Cheers
G

9 Likes

Oh yes…I give them the thumbs,no need for sterilization of jars and burping.

There re-usable…I put a silica gel bag in as well.

Easier to store I just put mine in a cupboard drawer.
I see a few seedbanks like Mephisto selling them now.

P J

7 Likes

There is a grower who uses rolly pollies to compost instead of worms can’t think of who off hand.

3 Likes

After 2 months its still right where I left it. (Yes I changed RH meters just to be sure)
Late Oct harvest, 2022, this was also the batch that was Frozen… and Thawed

ps give or take 5% with these suckerz (tiny RH% meters)

16 Likes

There is a Topic on them on Overgrow…

P J

6 Likes

A very extensive topic!

3 Likes

I am still experimenting with different grow styles. This will be a new thing for me. The soil I use already has a decent nutrient profile out of the bag, so I am just looking to add a slow release compost as a top dressing.

I have been moving away from cannabis grow gurus and really just learning about farming.

10 Likes

Ye with plenty of different opinions.

I keep away from those threads LOL

P J

4 Likes

Very nice! Bushy plants. How many toppings?

1 Like

Good call.

4 Likes

4rth node…then 4th again on the side growth …probably a few wee nips here and there as they grow.

Thanks

P J

2 Likes

That’s great news! Mine stretched like 3 1/2 times. Thanks for the update.

3 Likes

1971 Panama
I’m not sure what to think. 2 different phenos or males(5) and females(4)?
Pretty fat leaves. I’ve been thinking for some time now that Panama is a Displaced Afghani or Pakistani or some sort, at least in part. I wonder, due to the different cannabinoids that are typically only found in South Asia.
Could this be in part a tropical Afghan/Pakistan Saitiva such as Ilaqai Nasal or Peshawar?

11 Likes

My plants are cycling water faster right now. I have been watering every other day, and they could have waited but I decided to water them again today.

Upstate/Cryptic Oaxacan is looking robust. She’s probably about done stretching and starting to flower.

21 Likes

this would be the famous colombian gold?

1 Like

Pill bugs? Makes sense they’d work. I always see them around organic matter/ compost/ rotted wood.

4 Likes

Oooh, looks like you got the most manageable Oaxaca pheno…so far, at least. They can surprise you and turn into crazy looking plants though, and you’ll have your answer soon, but I think it’s the compact pheno. How far along flower is it? The stretch is between weeks 5 and 10 roughly.
The crazy plants start off looking like that in early flower, and then all interior buds extend away from the main branches and become long secondary branches with buds at the tip only, and finally little shoots fill in everywhere.

8 Likes

No different area….

Colombian Gold is a classic landrace sativa that originated in the Santa Marta mountains of Colombia.

P J

10 Likes

This is a pretty big plant, at least for my little closet. I decided to roll the dice and not top her and not keep her in a smaller pot for the first weeks of flower, and so she is going crazy, hehe. I moved her to the front so she can get taller. I would guess we are at week four.

10 Likes