The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

no problem, with so much information we are lost, thank you very much for helping with this, so I am not lost.
I’m looking for the suggestions you passed here, about BOEL

3 Likes

most of the countries in latin america are corrupt. But this is the result of those who came to colonize, build a new colony, with the excuse of freedom, which was actually an exile, of what they considered criminals, crazy, etc. In theory, what came first along with the ship of colonizers, was the corruption that was also on board.

1 Like
7 Likes

BOEL= Brothers of Eternal Love, btw… some of the people in the thread here have posted BOEL links. Try BOEL as your search here on OG

3 Likes

One of the best landrace in the world

Thanks Mexico

Happy Sunday

P J

18 Likes

Well said …and we can double it again…

People under estimate the size of Central and South America and the multiple islands that surround them.

Landraces in these countries were a cash crop mostly grown by. Indigenous communities…traveling rivers ,traversing mountains etc

If you’re looking for landraces you need to take all these things into consideration… they are. Out there, I’m. Very surprised that we do not hear much about the grow triangle around Guatemala, Belize and Chiapas in Mexico…even El Salvador.

It’s a great thing travelling and finding exellent weed…I’ve had some great stuff…But at the moment Panama , Costa Rica etc …is still full of Crispi, creepy…crimpi ( whatever dialect depends on the country) big time.

Limon. Verde was grown in Brazil as well.

Weed knows no borders…I am sure there are gems somewhere ,not just here …but in Asia far east as well.

It’s a great hobby…and doing research is great fun, especially on O G

Thanks

G Man

8 Likes

You mean like this stuff?

I can find this here in town, and I like Espoma. :slight_smile:
:guitar:

9 Likes

That stuff should be ready to use and not too hot. Chicken poo just has to settle out with time from whatever method.

6 Likes

That’s the one I use. Sativas love it. Takes a week to start working. ( 4 waterings or so)

4 Likes

Those look absolutely Wonderful @George .Good for you Brochaco

4 Likes

I just love this photo…probably Europe, circa 1900. :slight_smile:

16 Likes

In France if I recall correctly. Now that I know what Turkish looks like, I would say that’s a . Turkish plant In the Lebanese genepool

8 Likes

The one behind her looks interesting. Obviously longer flowering and nld looking.

9 Likes

The wife is very knowledgeable about period clothing and dates this one to around 1910, just prior to WWI is her guess…I’m betting France too, and Turkish, Lebanese or Moroccan would all be good guesses.

11 Likes

No doubt. A third plant, longer flowering as well, is behind the chunky one

3 Likes

Epic lineup! I’d missed all posts around here in the thread. Huixtepec is on the Oaxaca border and imo is the same landrace as Cryptic Labs Oaxaca. Stonier high than Cryptic Labs

6 Likes

I was going to comment how similar they look at that size.

4 Likes

Lol I didn’t even notice the cat until I zoomed in

4 Likes

Thanks! Have a few other Oaxacan crosses going too that I mashed up last season (NepalJam, Bangi Haze, and Ethiopian).

I also forgot to include the couple Oaxacan pearl stems going. One of them has some funky leaf variegation going on. I’ve read this can be either a gene expression or possible plant virus causing this so I’ll be keeping a close on it.

13 Likes

I don’t know about the variegated plants. I wouldn’t breed with it. I haven’t had one yet, save a kashmir plant or two. Neat looking though. Looking forward to the grow😁

4 Likes