The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

I just saw someone growing that BOEL Oaxaca somewhere. IG maybe. Looked like the short pine pheno. 9 or 10 weeks would make it a hybrid Oaxaca if it goes that fast, but I thought I saw a 14-16 weeker.

3 Likes

I grew some Oaxaca boel plants, years ago, very beautiful plants, perhaps slightly hybridized (my personal opinion), an early plant was ready by mid-October, the others took 2/3 weeks longer…
I had a long doubt that it was a wrongly labeled Hawaiian (due to the similarities with some Hawaiians) but a pleasant chat with RC_Colas removed all doubts from me; it is a good, fairly early Mexican strain…
I saw that RC grew it last year…

23 Likes

Looks nice @Willydread. You’re probably right about some hybridization with that early plants finish time , but it looks like plenty of plants were spared the foreign pollen. You must be down around 35 latitude for that harvest window?
What were the smells and how was the buzz?
Looks like landrace team Oaxaca.

4 Likes

45 north in babilon…
It’s good, everyone who tried it liked it, it’s not as stimulating as a Copalita, but it’s a cheerful sativa, it doesn’t unnerve you but it doesn’t relax you too much, it puts you in that “aperitif by the sea” mood, this cheerful and happy effect, combined with a fruity/citrus flavor (some puffs tasted like spices or even licorice/menthol) they reminded me a lot of some Hawaiian varieties around in the late 90s…and I was wrong…

6 Likes

That’s a really early harvest for 45 North. I’m quite surprised the plants still look so " oaxaca". Hybridized for sure, but someone did a nice job of it.

I don’t know about that. There’s certainly some Oaxaca genes in some Hawaiian strains. That could be what you noticed.

6 Likes

X post from breeders labs …if anyone interested.

**Snow High collection for preservation

11 Likes

Looks like you died and went to stoner heaven!

3 Likes

All the Mexican and Colombian are back @ socal seed vault…

They only seem to put out a couple packs here and there…but theyre there!

https://www.socalseedvault.com/store/index.php?id_category=16&controller=category

5 Likes

Hawaiian is Oaxaca Thai Afghan or something like that…Legend has it

The fuitty highland thai with the Oaxaca pine menthol makes for unique cultivar

Micro climates of Hawaii …may have given it that “something”

‘Vermontman’ @ icmag…He BX into the Hawaiian his 1978 Oaxaca plant to revive it before making other hybrids Green Mountain Seeds

The Hawaiian was good blend…its right in there w/the Oaxaca

This shows his Oaxacan gold green and purple lines which is really and Oaxacan IBL BX multiple times w/federation Hawaiian sativa

Wonder if anyone has tried Exotic Alchemy Hawaiian sativa…or have any info?

5 Likes

Thanks for the heads up grabbed the Mexican red hair skunk it sold out quick

5 Likes

I have a small reproduction of red point CBG P3, which had me quite scared, because they had already sexed 7/10 females and I did not have a single male, today I noticed that there is good news, the first male is starting to flower, it is the specimen that had the most classic smell of pine stems, fruity lemon. and the one that had the most pleasant smell. It is also a specimen with quite beautiful leaves.

33 Likes

What a Beautiful wrap you’ve made here @Arbac !!
Your bang-on, those are some beautiful leaves

5 Likes

I’m going to have to break open the Vermontman seeds I’m holding.

Green Mountain Grape and Mountain Gold have been pretty darn patient. 5 years since either has been run, both are totally worthy!

Great call on your end, sounds like he has worked these strains perfectly.

GMG was a really fast grow, 7-8 week flower outside, in a 20 gal pot if I recall correctly @herbgreen. Early Summer harvest for sure! Here was the main cola…

No pictures, but Mountain Gold was a coupla B I G Dudes. The Female odds are on my side next-go!

14 Likes

Wow, turn that red blob into a heart…And I you have just created an excellent and hilarious Valentine!

Yes, youre right these are some great things he put together… :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Great idea @herbgreen.
Now it won’t look like “Egor” is my Fav lol
Thanks for that chuckle!

Sorry gang, back on-Topic

1 Like

Nice work buddy!

LOL!

1 Like

Green Mountain…vermontman has some very nice work

Its always great when someone is still growing the same line since the 70s

Knowing what its suppose to be like in the first place…very valuable

4 Likes

Only that he thinks it’s possibly a Maui wowie.

Some genetic testing shows Hawaiian has no relation to anything and some Hawaiian strains could actually be landraces. Very old landraces. I think there’s Oaxaca in there myself, but perhaps it’s another case where people remember different versions of the same cultivar. One a landrace, another an old hybrid by the same name, similar to Panama Red or Santa Marta.

5 Likes

Great male plant you found. :+1: a real stud.

1 Like

Blueberry is made of those 3.
Strange but @George1961 added Oaxaca to my old heirloom blueberry that was crossed to my uncles Afghan( Coyote Candy )and it’s blueberry and fruity pebbles smell again. Hasn’t smelled like Blueberry since the late 90’s.

Old Silversides made some magic. Good Lord. This is Kashmir Oaxaca and it will most definitely be on the menu. Deserves a name even. I’ve never seen such resin outside a modern polyhyrid. Week 7 and the fan leaves are getting resin.

18 Likes