The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Hawaiian is Oaxaca Thai Afghan or something like that…Legend has it

The fuitty highland thai with the Oaxaca pine menthol makes for unique cultivar

Micro climates of Hawaii …may have given it that “something”

‘Vermontman’ @ icmag…He BX into the Hawaiian his 1978 Oaxaca plant to revive it before making other hybrids Green Mountain Seeds

The Hawaiian was good blend…its right in there w/the Oaxaca

This shows his Oaxacan gold green and purple lines which is really and Oaxacan IBL BX multiple times w/federation Hawaiian sativa

Wonder if anyone has tried Exotic Alchemy Hawaiian sativa…or have any info?

5 Likes

Thanks for the heads up grabbed the Mexican red hair skunk it sold out quick

5 Likes

I have a small reproduction of red point CBG P3, which had me quite scared, because they had already sexed 7/10 females and I did not have a single male, today I noticed that there is good news, the first male is starting to flower, it is the specimen that had the most classic smell of pine stems, fruity lemon. and the one that had the most pleasant smell. It is also a specimen with quite beautiful leaves.

33 Likes

What a Beautiful wrap you’ve made here @Arbac !!
Your bang-on, those are some beautiful leaves

5 Likes

I’m going to have to break open the Vermontman seeds I’m holding.

Green Mountain Grape and Mountain Gold have been pretty darn patient. 5 years since either has been run, both are totally worthy!

Great call on your end, sounds like he has worked these strains perfectly.

GMG was a really fast grow, 7-8 week flower outside, in a 20 gal pot if I recall correctly @herbgreen. Early Summer harvest for sure! Here was the main cola…

No pictures, but Mountain Gold was a coupla B I G Dudes. The Female odds are on my side next-go!

14 Likes

Wow, turn that red blob into a heart…And I you have just created an excellent and hilarious Valentine!

Yes, youre right these are some great things he put together… :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Great idea @herbgreen.
Now it won’t look like “Egor” is my Fav lol
Thanks for that chuckle!

Sorry gang, back on-Topic

1 Like

Nice work buddy!

LOL!

1 Like

Green Mountain…vermontman has some very nice work

Its always great when someone is still growing the same line since the 70s

Knowing what its suppose to be like in the first place…very valuable

4 Likes

Only that he thinks it’s possibly a Maui wowie.

Some genetic testing shows Hawaiian has no relation to anything and some Hawaiian strains could actually be landraces. Very old landraces. I think there’s Oaxaca in there myself, but perhaps it’s another case where people remember different versions of the same cultivar. One a landrace, another an old hybrid by the same name, similar to Panama Red or Santa Marta.

5 Likes

Great male plant you found. :+1: a real stud.

1 Like

Blueberry is made of those 3.
Strange but @George1961 added Oaxaca to my old heirloom blueberry that was crossed to my uncles Afghan( Coyote Candy )and it’s blueberry and fruity pebbles smell again. Hasn’t smelled like Blueberry since the late 90’s.

Old Silversides made some magic. Good Lord. This is Kashmir Oaxaca and it will most definitely be on the menu. Deserves a name even. I’ve never seen such resin outside a modern polyhyrid. Week 7 and the fan leaves are getting resin.

18 Likes

Kashmir …Azad’s that got cool look on the serrations of the leaves

…Kashmir Oaxaca sounds like a good one!

3 Likes

I hope so. Resin isn’t everything of course. Will have to see how it smokes and how long it flowers. Seems about the same speed as Oaxaca, so if potency isn’t increased there’s no point to it.

3 Likes

Strangely enough…DJ Short talks about buying Kashmiri seeds for 400$ from someone @ one these canna shows because of how fondly he remembered…

Its his “Flo” was some of the first modern strain that was like the old weed

Then later on read his book where he tells us about the Oaxaca!

The Description of flow is spot on…floral nose, Nepalese hash flavor, motivational high

Its the pre-curser to the Blueberry…Flo is the Oaxaca / Chocolate Thai / Afghani

Then its crossed to highland juicyfruit Thai / Afghani…which birthed the Blueberry!

Highland Blueberry mexican that Chimera put out …Chimera’s very nice Guerrero 73 was
also released pure for years called ‘highland mexican’…It comes thru nicely in the HMxBB

The HM x BB seems like real winner with those genetics and Chimera working with DJShort back then giving him access to some very interesting good genetics

6 Likes

It’s a Hawaiian Sativa from DutchFlower…they said it some time ago in some socials…

What about hawaiian strains…
it is probable that varieties from south-east Asia were added to an original variety that arrived on the islands with the first populations, and much later hippies, surfers and plant lovers introduced Mexican, Afghan, African and who knows what else…
Plants adapt and evolve into something unique, especially in particular places like the Islands

4 Likes

That, or with the whalers or Captain Cook. Someone probably planted cannabis for making ship sails, a common practice. At least one strain is a Thai transplant, unhybridized. Known as the Elephant.

6 Likes

I hope that one day we can learn more about cannabis, as has been done with the vine plant, for example.

3 Likes

17 Likes

Yehawww, how beautiful is that?

5 Likes