The Central American landrace and heirloom thread

I’m right around day 60 with these Pearl Stem Bx1 Oaxacans and noticed I’m doing a seed repro. I don’t remember doing a seed repro. But damned if they aren’t just covered with seeds.

So I started looking at the seediest individual, and found a deflated flower about halfway down. Then I cut it and started looking at another one. I had just smoked a bowl and forgot I chopped it, so I chopped another one. I was soooo relieved to find male flowers on that one too.

Anyhoo, they’re really tarry and greasy, so I’ll give them the old smoke test even though it’s too early.

And then there were two.

Edit: Who was saying only one plant per pot? :joy::joy::joy::joy:

27 Likes

Coca Cola? Wow! I’ll bet that particular terpene combo has useful medicinal benefits.

8 Likes

Bro, Yesterday afternoon I started to smell the redpoint flowers and all the phenos have started to smell similar to the Coca-Cola pheno like a musk, spicy and sweet, complex and exotic. The four selected females now smell more like these terpenes, even the green pheno is turning its smell into this complex, sweet musk. There is only one phenomenon that is Coca-Cola, but all the other phenomena are becoming more and more similar to the smell, you can hardly notice the pine-lemon that you smelled at the beginning.

14 Likes

Most Scottish growing analogy of the year :rofl:

4 Likes

Welcome to OG

To a HAGGIS

Fair fa’ your honest, sonsie face,
Great Chieftain o’ the Puddin-race!
Aboon them a’ ye tak your place,
Painch, tripe, or thairm:
Weel are ye wordy of a grace
As lang ‘s my arm.

(Robert Burns)

Lol

P J

10 Likes

@Haggis

There is a UK thread here on OG, with a few Jocks in it.

Happy growing

P J

6 Likes

Can’t beat a bit of Rabbie. Thanks for linking me to that thread Jock.

4 Likes

Norris 1 gif

Thank you kindly for the offer! Hope everything goes according to plan!!

Really appreciate your laying out the details, always interesting to get a peak into your perspective and the little extra info colors the context.

6 Likes

@arbac beautiful flowers well done love the structure and the long leaves.
also dropped 3 highland oaxacan gold bx1 pearl stem female from @deeez99 🤦 what am i doing to myself lol.

7 Likes

Bird arrived home safely. Thanks a whole bunch @PineTarBastard

An increase wil begin by the end of the year on the Destroyer from three different sources. 2025 will be a Destroyer year for me and all of those interested in getting seeds.

Thanks again, my friends, and Jah bless this community. Got more love here than in “real life”.

29 Likes

I did some fishing near Watertown (the Black River). Good smallmouth and caught my first walleye there. Too bad I didn’t know about the February steelhead runs when I was there.

5 Likes

Oh ye …count me in.

Take me back …Destroyer one of my favs…good luck

These grew great on the mountain. Few years back

P J

21 Likes

Those are beautiful! Other renditions shall enjoy the same sun and mountains in the future. That is the climate!

7 Likes

I have been trying to tack down Destroyer for a while. God Speed in your endeavors. I will be following along

10 Likes

Steelhead are in crazy numbers and huge this year in the Salmon River. I bet the Black River is great this year too.

6 Likes

You are a very appreciated and veteran member. I remember your posts on other boards and on the Ultimate Sativa Thread, back way back when I just lurked. I got you! When the time comes, you will be reached by me if you are interested by then :smiley:

9 Likes

@Elchischas will be happy to see this. He provided the Mexican strain used in the cross.

8 Likes

He is so humble that he did not mention it when I reached him so that he could get seeds from me when I am done with the repro. That is awesome to know. We have been talking about Destroyer for a while now in spanish. Very cool cat. Cheers for that!

8 Likes

Thanks buddy. I appreciate you saying that. I have been around for decades and I don’t plan on going anywhere. It is the community that makes this place special. Glad to know you are an old timer too! :+1:

12 Likes

Can’t wait to see what Oaxaca plants you find in deeez’s bx. I’m bummed for you over your latest hermie. Hopefully this round goes better. Pop any seeds from your line?

6 Likes