The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

On the other hand, isn’t Oaxaca supposed to have an “up” effect? A few clear trichomes would add to that effect, wouldn’t it?

4 Likes

🫡impressive!

2 Likes

I like clear heads on the late pheno and clear or milky with the others. Those clear heads definitely typically add to the up effect, but the clear effect, even with cloudy heads isn’t muddied with this Oaxaca pheno.
Cloudy heads on the late pheno is heavy smoke for me.
@MissinBissin start picking ripe seed and the other seeds will mature faster. Looks like you’ll get a month+ of seedless bud production if you let it go the distance. Then you can have your cake and eat it too.

10 Likes

Ya not an authority on this but I believe that would increase the effect. My first time so I’ll go with others advice until I get to have my own opinion.
@upstate I smoked a small bud from Peshawar Afghani that was cut 2 wks before the plant and I have a question for you. Did you water these plants with caffeine water?:rofl::rofl:. Holy shit took 2 hits and immediately my heart was pumping out of my heart and I went on a house cleaning marathon lol. Hopefully that extra 2 wks tones that down a little. Two hits immediate effects and different definitely different.

10 Likes

Nice! Rocket fuel! Yeah it will tone down some if left, I’m sure. I havent picked one early enough for heart pounding, or maybe didn’t smoke that pheno yet. The buds look like they did on one of the original plants from the OP, but with more resin on yours

5 Likes

Thanks for the bit of Crop Mgmt @Upstate.
I really appreciate that. I’m in there tomorrow, will see what we can do.

1 Like

That’s when you breath better , and you know your finally have the home run in sight.

This is a great time to compare the different strains your growing, get the vibes of the different plants.

Six different strains there.

Candyberry ( escobar repro

All I’m saying is…Kush Kush ( fine example

P J

19 Likes

@hightillidie here’s good one
Can anyone tell if these are nanners? :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:🤷

sorry for pic quality I cut them off just want to make sure.

Here’s pics of Oaxacan buds covered in pollen crap camera but still.

@upstate and @deeez99 do you think this Oaxacan can go outside now?

@upstate Peshawar Afghani arrived today thanks

7 Likes

I’ll defer to @deeez99 for outdoors by you @420noob …I’d say some cover or the ability to bring the plant inside would be wise.
Yes, that’s a nanner, unfortunately. Pick it out and hope there aren’t any more.
I read somewhere you are getting a hay smell in your cure? It was too wet if that’s the case. If bud feels moist when you touch it, leave the bag open until it doesn’t. Usually just an hr or 2 with ow humidity, but I’ve left mine open ( in the dark) overnight before. The issue is the twig to bud ratio. Those twigs hold a fair bit of moisture.
(Those nanners are probably hollow. See if they contain pollen.)

7 Likes

@Upstate Beans arrived home safely! Many thanks to Upstate for spreading these genetics. I have always wanted to do a full Panama Red grow with as many varities as possible to make a Legacy type edition and this will help a looong way.

I am very very grateful and it is honestly great to be a part of this community. I will make repros of these to share for those interested in these lines :grin:.

20 Likes

Let us know as that project comes to fruition!

Anything Panama or Oaxacan or Columbian etc has my interest immediately…

10 Likes

It’s official, today Ohio is a legal cannabis state. I never thought I’d see the day.

14 Likes

Good luck! I’m sure you’ll come up with something great. Those 71 Panama are “99% sure Panama”. Seeds were found on branches I didn’t pollinate. I preserved this one early on in flower and harvested seed from my seed branches. However, after that there was enough time for another pollen donor to have added in his input. Highly doubtful, but possible, so take heed. Share pics and I’ll help identify.

11 Likes

They don’t appear to yet. I opened and didn’t see any pollen. I found that one then another bud I couldn’t tell if new sugar leaves or banner so I cut those out also.:rofl:

2 Likes

Have you seen they want to screw it up already?
Ohio Senate Wants To Axe Home Growing @Greenfingers

5 Likes

@420noob Is this going in a greenhouse? You may be disappointed with the outcome due to the cold night time temps and less than 10 hours of sunlight currently. I put some clones out into my greenhouse about 7 weeks ago and they are flowering but the flowers are thin/whispy and not filling out like they did earlier this fall.

3 Likes

Sounds like members of the Ohio State Senate are dukes and duchesses. They should be reminded that they’re representatives and work for the people.

3 Likes

Thank you I’ll just let her veg some more. If I put out in Feb will it flower or probably start to reveg?

2 Likes

It shouldn’t reveg until May. If it were me, I would start flowering it indoors Feb (or even mid/late Jan) and then move it outdoors (greenhouse) in March when it’s a bit warmer with around 11 1/2 hours daylight. It should finish but might be close with this one.

3 Likes

They’ll have to come take mine.:+1:t2:

2 Likes