The Fantastic Benefits of Gin!

Sipping on Patron Silver while toking a lemony Scott’s OG is an extreme pleasure of mine that i rarely get to indulge. Chasing that with an ice cold Lagunita’s just sends me over the edge! :smiling_imp:

1 Like

I should do a gin run… I have a workable still, I’m not going to use juniper berries… never did care much for that stuff. Kinda why I stick to bombay…

3 Likes

I want to get me a copper still, to distill moonshine or brandy! Also, to make essential oils…

2 Likes

Hi Mad, is it illegal to produce distilled spirits at home in Costa Rica?
It sure is forbidden in USA.:dizzy_face:

1 Like

Well no, at all. It was cos the government had the monopoly but after someone ended that, everybody started to open breweries and distilling. So it is legal to moonshine in CR. @Calyxander, i hope you got some Pappy Van Winkle kinda of recipe there to share with me… Wanna get an alembic copper still, they are pricey but worth it. Check it out!

2 Likes

Wow, that is a very cool looking still.

In the US it is legal to homebrew beer, or ferment wine.
However, distilling spirits at home for quaffing is against the law…unless you obtain a special permit.
Seems like an archaic restriction to me.

Hahaha…Pappy Van Winkle is bourbon, which I do not drink…anyway, I googled recipes, there are loads of 'em.
Homemade brandy recipes are intriguing to me. First you make a fruit wine and then distill it. Looks like it would be kinda fun!

2 Likes

Absolutely, i intend to to some brandys and who knows… HAHA. Also want to make essential oils, i use a beard, long beard, and there is nothing for emolients and/or oils for men around here… I will make y own.

2 Likes

I’m allowed 200 gallons of distillate a year. :slight_smile:

24 plants and 200 gallons… :wink:

3 Likes

That’s a good allowance! No kidding.

1 Like

I am profoundly jealous.
I am not legally allowed even a smidgen of either.
Not fair!
:weary:

2 Likes