My state's government is on sum BS!

Why would it cost this much just to be a micro grower??? NJ is $300 down and I think $15/acre or something like that…but PA wants a total of 210k?! Like what in the holy fuck man? I’d have to put my house up just to get a loan for this. This is ridiculous!

15 Likes

Yeah sadly they’re gna do whatever to get as much money out of ya as possible

Look at Illinois it’s like half a million just to open a dispo not including anything else staff product just for a license or something I’m not 100% but it’s ridiculous

7 Likes

The more we comply the farther they ratchet down the straps.

11 Likes

bwahahahahaa!!! NOT!!

NJ has several classifications, cheapest is a Micro-business / micro-cultivator. basic license is $1000 JUST for the basics. Still need town “decree” (mine charges $2500 for that). Plus jump thru more loopholes than you can imagine. Lawyer fees alone for a decent business proposal with the proper SOP’s and business structure alone run around $10k. Oh, and thats for a MAX of 2500 sq ft business (requirement of micro-business). Wanna play with the big boys? $10k up to over $200k (for the basic state license). NJ doesn’t measure anything regarding recreational cannabis in “acres” LOL…

I did the math, and with the moving goal posts and constantly changing rules, it was gonna be a solid $35k out of pocket to get the ball rolling, and over $250k over the next year to create a micro cultivators business. Of course that started out with “All the state wants is $1k for a micro license! sign me up!” But there’s so many requirements, INCLUDING video surveillance system (not a bad idea) but the state wants the login credentials to be able to view your cameras at will. W.T.F.???

NJ keeps changing the basic rules as well…You don’t wanna know how many “revisions” (read: changes that benefit big canna) have been enacted in just the past year!

12 Likes

Well damn lmao that’s way more than i know about anything for any state lol

I know I’m Colorado all the plants are tagged with IR sensors that apparently they can check at any givin time without being in the building. Don’t know how true that is tho but sounds legit lol

There is no way we can afford the stuff in PA dispensaries. Nor would I go back for a second helping of any of the dry as bone buds I sampled from there @ $20.00 a gram.
All the buds are skinned, and I just hate the look/taste of skinned bud. Plus the best part of the hit has been peeled away, so they can resell back to you as oil/dabs.
So they are really making $30.00-$40.00 a gram. No thanks.

14 Likes

I appreciate the clarification bro…and it seems that it’s this way all across the board. So there’s basically no leeway for the small grower(s) out here. I’ll stick to my indoor/guerilla farming methods until there’s a light at the end of this “legal” tunnel…if there will ever be one.

4 Likes

This is why decriminalization should have always been the goal and not legalization. Legalization just means the rich get richer

13 Likes

I thought I would be golden. My town was one of the few that approved all 5 classes of licenses last year, while 80% of the state prohibited canna businesses. On top of that, my town had residency restrictions (had to live here 2 years), and income restrictions (under $100k reported income last year). I really thought my ship came in.

Then came zoning. A town that approved ALL classes of licenses zoned cultivation virtually out of town. Only 2 or 3 locations were suitable (needed to be a 1 acre lot, in an industrial zoned area, with no other attached businesses). Pretty much killed things with zoning, then realized that this spring and proposed a “cannabis corridor” along a major highway (still have the 1 acre / no attached biz, but no longer needs an industrial zone). OH, and no outdoor grow, no greenhouse or hoophouses. MUST be indoor grow…

Its been interesting to see how this unfolds…

4 Likes

It kinda feels like highway robbery with these exorbitant fees man. Like sheeeeesh really???
I could buy a 10 acre home in NC with change left over for the amount my state want just to grow plants.

6 Likes

Wonder why the black market will ALWAYS be there? Big government will fuck up a wet dream!

11 Likes

It is so that only the rich may participate. Same story different century.

10 Likes

Yeah, it’s meant for kids with daddy’s money or daddy’s big money friends.

That’s what the US political system has come to these days.

They have killed small business and they don’t care.

14 Likes

Yeah no joke!
This plant should be as regulated as a tomato or a tulip. It’s a flower. We’re literally all just growing flowers here, drying them, and enjoying them.

The state requirements should be no different than a plant nursery.

11 Likes

SC tried to pass medical with NO smokable flower! No thanks. Thankfully it was shut down and we are outlaws for another season. I want it legal but not like that

4 Likes

When the weedman been pushing bud illegally finally feels there might be a way to go legit with it and gets hit with crazy license fees that’ll knock his hopes into the gutter. Sometimes I feel this world could use a reset…in the form of a 30 mile asteroid.

1 Like

They prob did that because medically, inhaling burning plant matter is not good for you.

I agree the rules suck, but I can see why they did that one specifically.

They are all just trying to figure out how to get as much out of it in fees taxes and such as possible.
NY conditional license is for 1 acre of canopy. You should see the shifting from the lawyers. In the middle of the season they just came out and said no staggered crop. No auto flower followed by photo. Everyone is already planted this way. Now if you replant it counts double for your canopy.
I think we should start telling lawyers how they can bill people. They can only bill one time for something. Anything that has to do with that issue was already paid for and is not eligible for farther billing. No matter how much time it takes from them.

5 Likes

I’ve read that Oklahoma charges $2500/yr for a license to grow indoors or out. I dream of moving there and buying a small house with a little bit of land and having my own field of dreams. :heart_eyes:

Isn’t SC traditionally a tobacco state :thinking:?

2 Likes