The Miracle Gro Show

I switched a while back to “other” fertilizer. But just could not justify the trouble and cost to get them vs mg. Mg has worked wonderful for me for years, so had no issues going back to them.

4 Likes

Yeah I’ll finish the last few bags of coco I have and then thats it.

2 Likes

FWIW, you can solve most of the issues with coco by mixing it 50/50 with perlite. Impossible to overwater and corrects the pH and nutrient issues. You feed it the exact same. Handwatered pure coco can be troublesome.

6 Likes

Maybe that’s it, mine is a 70/30 mix. It was only with certain plants it seemed like. Could be a grower issue lol. This is the brand I use, funny it’s on sale now after a bought 4 bags like 2 weeks ago

2 Likes

16 Likes

Are the runtz strains worth it? I almost pulled the plug on 4 different strains. I know the white, runtz muffin, bubble runtz and the plain runtz strain.

1 Like

Honestly, I’ve done strains that I like way better than Runtz but the best to me is the Runtz Killa.

1 Like

This recipe is straight. I have one that works even better now.

1 Like

From my understanding, the problem with MG is it has too much nitrogen for flowering. But your plants look great right now! :+1::seedling:

5 Likes

Ima try out your feeding chart i seen

1 Like

I guess I’ll find out here in a few weeks and I’ll update it.

2 Likes

I would not use Miracle Gro soil, but I would not use any soil containing time release fertilizer.

Now, I have used MG fertilizers on cannabis growing in inert soil-less mixes, and can attest to its efficacy.

The prejudicial contempt and naysaying aimed at Miracle Gro is mostly motivated by politics or
virtue posturing, and has little basis in actual horticulture. Miracle Gro may not be the very best fertilizer on the market, but it most assuredly will work well on cannabis plants.

6 Likes

In my experience, and I have been told many times too much N, I have never had an issue, and my plants are 20 some years old. (Mother’s)

5 Likes

100% on the money. Cheap fertilizers also are almost never recommended by the hydro store guys. No money in it. Yuuuge markup on the “Canna-specific” nutrient lines. People very much operate on the assumption that Cannabis is a completely unique plant with extremely specialized nutritional needs, for whatever reason.

7 Likes

I’ve seen people grow fantastic product with Foliage Pro 9-3-6 to end of flower. I’ve grown fantastic plants using 5-15-14 seedling-finish.

I will say that N is to be avoided for late-flowering tropicals, otherwise they’ll literally never stop foxtailing.

For 95% of plants I don’t think they give a heck about super specific ratios. I think they just care that they get “enough”.

2 Likes

The plant will take up what it needs (if it’s available). Yes excess N Ratios should be avoided when bloom in underway, not necessarily avoided. The big problem People have with it is either considering it cheap, it’s not organic, or the biggest may be political since it’s owned by Monsanto.
Honestly… looking at their performance organic line, I might just pick up the grow. Besides being organic, I figure it would be healthier for the mycorrhizae and soil bacteria I’m already using. The ratios aren’t extreme and I need a liquid for veg. I already have Neptune fish for bloom, and I’m trying MIgardeners trifecta+ fertilizer to mix into the soil/promix as a general amendment for veg and bloom.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m using on my photos the blacm performance organic bags.

1 Like

My wife got on my ass like damn it’s a plant, quit making this shit harder like it’s rocket science :rofl:

7 Likes

Yes foliage pro is my base nutrient in my veg recipe. I use it through the 2nd week of flower.

I’m referring to the fertilizer, I’m using promix now, or eventually my own blend of peat and compost. I tried MG organic raised bed soil for my container garden (cheaper than potting soil mix and I am using 20” containers). I added in the needed amounts of perlite, though it’s “designed” for beds and large containers. The berries, tomatoes, and peppers that I used it for have been growing a bit lack luster, needing feeding nearly right off but still not looking great. The containers I used promix for, those plants took right off and are looking great. I thought I Just need to adjust amount of perlite a bit between the different needs of different plants, but still promix out performed MG. Maybe it really does have to do with the microbes that promix has, since it’s just peat moss, perlite, and domolite Lime, no compost or added fertilizer.
Yes I have planted the same type one plants in both soils, peppers, tomatoes, and black/raspberries

3 Likes