The Miracle Gro Show

That is a common misconception. Miracle Gro (Scotts Miracle Gro) is not now, and never has been owned by Monsanto. Monsanto was acquired by Bayer in 2018.
SMG is simply, and only, the marketing agent for Roundup… since 1998.

2 Likes

Organic raised bed soil is trash for cannabis. The Miracle gro moisture control potting soil is the one cannabis loves. The blue bag.

1 Like

If you read the small print on the miracle gro bags, it will tell you to start a feeding regimen after 30 days. You cannot use the soil without a feeding regimen for 6 months and expect phenomenal results. I personally start feeding after the initial watering with no nutrient burn and no ill effects.

1 Like

It doesn’t have too much nitrogen for flowering. Cannabis plants still grow for the 1st 3 weeks of flower so a certain amount of nitrogen is required for it to reach it’s full size potential. Those bags of MG don’t actually feed for 6 months. If you don’t start to feed after 30 days a lot of the leaves will start to yellow and fall off because of nutrient deficiencies.

Hold up. Let me send you my updated chart. What is your email addy?

I waited 3 weeks before i fed mine any food and they’ve been perfect. Seriously no issues at all.

2 Likes

Good stuff. My recipe also works well with this 50/50 mixed with MG moisture control potting soil

3 Likes

I wouldn’t rely on any of the nutrients they mixed in. just saying that even as a base, with feeding, my plants aren’t doing as well as the ones I put into promix, same fertilizers used for watering. But again, I used their raised bed mix and added perlite as needed, and for plants besides cannabis.

2 Likes

This is a miracle grow plant. I dug a hole filled it with MG raised bed. Fed it the tomato fertilizer and now there bloom booster.

4 Likes

I am amazed. A few years back I was an outcast around here (especially old OG) for using and sticking with MG. Now look at all of us​:+1::+1:

8 Likes

12 Likes

It’s beautiful

1 Like

I have used Osmocote and MG Shake and Feed on my non cannabis plants. Time release fertilizer/soil works, but IMO, is less than optimum. I no longer use any time release product.

I have been using ProMix BX or HP for a long time, and I like to feed with every watering as needed. I liked Dyna Gro Foliage Pro, but it contains no sulphur. The Miracle Gro dry fertilizers also have no sulphur. For the past 6 or 7 years I have been using only Jack’s Citrus FeED from start to finish and have been very happy with the flowers. Citrus FeED contains 4.9% sulphur.

Bloom/blossom fertilizers can be counterproductive, IME… not enough N to keep the leaves healthy and productive. I quit using flowering ferts about 10 years ago now, and do not miss them at all.

I realize that not using flower ferts is blasphemous to most cannabis growers. I only wish that I had quit using them decades ago. The quality of my flowers is superior without specialty flowering ferts.

11 Likes

Thanks @D_Nug. It’s starting to smell pretty sweet. With ample light water a bag of MG soil and a couple boxes of there soluble mix makes one damn easy grow

1 Like

You know I use about a half a box when fertilizing a plant this size so I think that just might make up for a little bit of N. But as far as trying to give a rookie good info on how to start a successful grow. I mean I would mention this. And in all seriousness I only went through a couple small boxes of ferts.

Honestly I think it’s a great one for all growers

2 Likes

once you get that it’s easy from there :slight_smile:

grow well and be safe

Dequilo

4 Likes

You’re absolutely right. Ive been gone for 3 weeks and she’s been kicking ass with the grows.

2 Likes

Very informative piece. This is nice info to know especially about the sulfur.

1 Like

Sulfur and magnesium can easily be added with Epsom salt

5 Likes