The Press Room: ♨

i only scrolled 1/2-way through the image & thought that was some crap to rebuild your jack seals…hah. i must be high. :egg:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

No man, this is all about body building;

3 Likes

The bottle jack on my rosin press has been leaking slowly. The other morning I woke up to a puddle of pump oil on my workbench. After cleaning up I went out to get me another 6-ton bottle jack. I went to my local NAPA and got myself a new (much nicer) bottle jack for $25 on sale.

That sticker is kind of ugly, how about a new one. There, ReikoXized.

Well I have to test this out right? I weighed out about 2 grams of Durban Poison buds.

Lets take a closer look shall we? These are some of the small (they were all small) buds off the Durban Poison #1. I didn’t even bother to trim these. It’s a shame it yielded so low, they are some nice buds.

Into the pre-press while the plates heat. I like to keep it in the pre-press up until I press them. If you take it out of the pre-press, it will slowly start to expand.

I don’t usually use a filter for these small presses. Between a piece of parchment and a piece of TFX baking sheet around that to prevent blowouts.

Squished between the plates at 95*C for 3 minutes. A little dark, but so were the starting buds.

Nice clean squish!

I ended up with 0.26 grams of some fire rosin. That’s about 13% return. Not too bad! Hitting this you can definitely taste the anise spice with a bit of sweetness on the exhale. The effect rocked me at first. I wasn’t expecting it to be quite so powerful.

I pressed these Durban Poison #2 and only got a 4% return. I hit it and the taste isn’t as good, nor as tasty as the other. I think with a better cure these will press and taste better. The effect wasn’t as strong either. I will have to smoke some flowers after a cure for a final verdict.

14 Likes

I am liking the back liner.

Textured doesn’t seem to hurt the results. :thumbsup: :arrow_double_down: :white_flower:

2 Likes

only $20 with free shipping and 150-230 (300-450) temperature control… is that too hot for pressing?

3 Likes

I am finding that I get good results around 200F give or take 20 degrees on the big one. The @roux press I set for around 270, which translates to about 200 on the vice.

2 Likes

Yes I agree with @99PerCent I usually press at 95°C for three minutes on my six ton press.

That being said, there are a few things you can do to improve the process. First thing you can do is simply turn the thing off then press. Another option is a fan speed cobtroller (variac) turn the thing on high and dial back the voltage should work. Finally puttin it in a vice or quick clamp will help you get more force.

If you are going to use a hair straightener, I highly suggest making hash first. Dry sift, dry ice, ice water, even scissor hash works. Wrap it up tight in some coffee filters and press away.

Remember :fire: in :fire: out.

7 Likes

Hey, where can I get one of these?

99%

1 Like

if you have a keyboard with a numpad on the right you can do right alt+0176 or 248. otherwise on windows you can press start and search the ‘character map’ program - turn on advanced so you can search symbols then you can copy/paste it from there °¢¿ᴓᴕ

i guess i could use my IR thermo to really dial in the temp… and yes the website also had a little 4" ratchet clamp for ~$4 but the thing probably break

3 Likes

4" Ratchet will be too flimsy.

You can try, but you will not beat the price and efficiency of the @roux press.

Space is still available people, :laughing:

7 Likes

I love it, hit me up in PM and I’ll send you one of mine.

1 Like

The mail man has been good to me this week.

Thanks dude!

12 Likes

press is looking badass! freakin’ beautiful piece of equipment :+1: Why do you need bigger plates? To do bigger pucks of herb?

I’ve got a few more canna-stickers for you

3 Likes

Afternoon hair iron squish-Yum!!!

3 Likes

Glad it made it. I gave you a bunch of each seed because I know how you like to share. :+1::seedling:

3 Likes

Post sandwich afternoon squish. Yum!!!

7 Likes

Progress is made. I really wasn’t getting the desired results.

I upped my temps a little and dropped my pressure a little, and boom.

First Pull

Second Pull

Third Pull

All packed up

1st is on the left, 2nd & 3rd together on the right.

So, now it is probably worth getting some sort of a scale on the scene. I put about a half ounce in. No idea what this weighs.

It will continue to lose weight steadily, :imp:

Finally filled one.

10 Likes

it’s “Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory” for grownups!

4 Likes

Running low on some goodies, and that won’t do.

Looks like tomorrow just got a little more compressed.

5 Likes