WHAB’s 1924 Brick Schoolhouse RDWC

I asked for recommendations for a Cannabis specific scale here and on another site.

An old friend on another site reminded me of Ohaus scales.

I had completely forgot about Ohaus scales. Man, it’s been forever since I’ve seen one … and even longer since I’ve used one.

I just pulled the trigger on the Ohaus 1650-W0 off of Ebay - $159 (free shipping).

I tried my best to reconcile my needs against my costs and to balance them out in this short time.

I need accuracy in everything I do. It’s just a part of me.

That being said. I just filled up with gas yesterday. I have all the parts (and tools) I’ll need to fix my car (including what I bought yesterday) - with me doing the work. The Kubota is fixed.

I’m not likely to find another brand new (unused) Ohaus 1650-W0 at that price again - less than 1/2 the going rate.

I was expecting the “4 day” delivery they advertised. I guess they don’t count the weekends?!?! facepalm ROFLMAO

Thank you again, my friends, for reminding me again what the Gold Standard in weighing our herb has always been - Ohaus.

No Batteries Required! winky

Thank you ALL! tup

WHAB

1 Like

Here is a tutorial on how to make it. I posted this a long time ago. The guy does a good job of explaining the process with some helpful tips:

3 Likes

That does look very interesting! He does explain it in great detail.

Thank you for the link, brother!

IF or when you decide to tip your toes back in the concentrate pool I’d be keen to observe the process, if you’re willing to have me observe (or need help?)

Lot’s of up-front costs - but the results are amazing!

tup,
WHAB

2 Likes

For some reason, I thought people had stopped using them.

3 Likes

For some reason, I had too! biggrin

When I was in the slingin’ world it’s all we all used.

Everything I bought was bought off an Ohaus.

That was a ‘long’ time ago winky

Except for the footprint, they do need a stable base to rest on, I don’t see a down side to buying a triple beam scale.

The pocket scale that went South on me a few months ago was a great little, trustworthy scale - I had it for a very long time. But, it did go South on me. I still don’t know why.

The one I bought to replace it was an emergency purchase - I needed something right then.

With it needing to be recharged at inopportune times and its apparent inaccuracies prove it to be a bad buy - a waste of money!

When I saw a 11gram variation in its results it further proved that point. I can’t trust it. I saw vagaries in it the entire time I’ve used it. I had to reset Tare multiple times in just one session of use, weighing nutrients.

I’m looking forward to using a great device again!

People still use “tablecloths”? winky

fly2,
WHAB

2 Likes

You should check out the rosin press @ReikoX has made and documented. Way safer to extract rosin than dealing with butane. I’ll look for the link. :wink:

Somewhere in there. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

None of my younger friends trust balance scales…LOL! As long as a US nickel is still 4.9-5.0 grams and a fresh US dollar bill is still a gram…I don’t care about balance vs. digital. Trust but verify…

I think my first was a postage balance with an alligator clip on one side, my best and most accurate scale was a traded for, digital scale from the Labs at UC Santa Barbara, accurate to a thousandth of a gram. Now use electronic 50$ scales from a local head shop. Don’t sell anything anymore, only use scales to gauge my grow efficiency!

3 Likes

Used my friend’s quadruple beam for a big batch of butter the other day…

1 Like

I still have and use my triple beams.

4 Likes

Wow, triple beams are idiot proof(ish) AND they don’t need batteries! :sunglasses: :+1:
I’m always double checking my electronic strain gauge scales, must be an age thing :rofl:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Hello my friend!

I have seen bits and pieces of @Reiko rosin work here in my wanderings, I haven’t dived into it for lack of time…and, I am nowhere near setting up ‘another’ enterprise winky

Thank you for contributing to the discussion, brother!

rockon,
WHAB

2 Likes

I was quite happy with my Pocket-Scale, until it went Tits-Up! winky

And, when I had to reset Tare multiple times on the ‘new’ scale in a single usage, I knew its time here had to come to an end.

I weighed something the other day and when I removed the organic material I was weighing from the scale instead of Zeroing out as it should have (obviously), it showed 11 grams. PullHair unhappytdn

It did that multiple times in a single sitting! unhappytdn

Time to go! unhappytdn winky

Thank you for the discussion, @Sasquatch! tup

48 ,
WHAB

1 Like

Nice, Brother @Floyd! tup

wavy,
WHAB

1 Like

Wow! That was something! winky ROFLMAO

What are the 1gpw rules?

IF it includes stuff in the multiple Hash Bags (I segregated by strain), I’m in winky:

That’s not including random buds I pulled to “test” throughout this Harvesting, Trimming, Drying, Trimming, Bagging and Jarring session! winky and is still sitting on my desktop (probably 1/2 ounce). A little harsh, of course…but, effective!

Most is in Grove Bags of various sizes (I bought more) and Mason Jars.

There is some I set aside that looks pretty sweet on one side but a little burnt on the other. I’m not sure what I’m going to do with that just yet. Will probably throw it in the Hash Bag as well.

Also, the last plants I got to are dry. Very dry. Maybe too dry, imo.

I’m hesitant to post exact weight. I always assume someone is listening.

It’s NOT paranoia if people really are trailing you! ROFLMAO

This is the Burn Bucket (which I stomped down with my body weight multiple times, it’s packed!), which does include entire Colas frown Also, I just now put the Mini-Hygrometers in the jars.

I’ll do better next time! winky

Good morning!

Make it a GREAT day. tup

volcano,
WHAB

7 Likes

I would say you did pretty dam good and I’m sure you will do even better! :smiley: :+1:

5 Likes

Thank you, Mr. @Floyd!

I appreciate the kind words, sincerely!

rockon,
WHAB

3 Likes

How goes it friend. Hope things are well over your direction. It’s been wet here lately. I bet your just wasting time admiring those jars. :wink: Anyway. Just checking in. :+1:

2 Likes

You just keep getting better and better.
:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

Hey brother Rhino!

Things are going pretty well on this end - considering.

I attended a Memorial for a favorite Nephew (39) Saturday. He died in AM Sept. 1. Drove home in ‘driving’ rain. I had to pullover twice, I couldn’t see the road.

Suspected overdose. He had previously been diagnosed with enlarged heart so I don’t believe it was an overdose. People that were with him at the time said he took Molly. Molly is not an overdose drug, typically. Autopsy is being conducted, I am told.

My constant advise is always, to whomever - you control the drug, don’t let the drug control you.

I tried several times to get him to concentrate on Cannabis. I tried to get him in to Cannabis Cultivation as I believe in the Therapeutic value of Cannabis gardening. I relayed the information to the group I got my card through at least twice to his Mother (the least expensive, and very quick).

I was prepared to provided him with Medicine for free. And hopes of teaching him to grow.

IF it is an Overdose and not Heart Failure, I failed Joshua and his Mom. frown

R.I.P Joshua!

Thank you for checking in, my friend!

frown,
WHAB

6 Likes

Hey @WhiteHotAfterburner , so sorry to hear about your loss. Even if it’s the worst case scenario you should not feel like you failed. Trying to help is sometimes all we can do. In the end we cannot control others, just do our best to advise them and hope they will have the strength to listen and change their ways. Sadly it’s just not always possible. My condolences friend.

4 Likes