The rise of THCA

Hey just wanted to throw my two cents in .

Early this year I turned myself into a weed photographer / reviewer and reached out to as many THCA vendors as I could.

As far as I can tell. THCA Is the same exact thing as Dispo bud, homegrown, etc. Its literally just ganja.

And up until this year All I was smoking was stuff the dealer had… It didnt have a name, it was just gas…

Well here comes THCA and now I can order Ice cream cake, Unicorn Butter, Lemon Pepper, Mac and Gary, strains I’ve never had before with actual labs to back it up…

I have 0 clue how its legal aside from the farm bill does not specify THCA. it only says THC. Which is quite funny because all bud on earth is going to have low thc UNTIL heated.

I can vouch for these companies here if you are curious .

Im not a shill btw… just think about it… I simply got free weed for like 5 months too take some pictures and write a review about it. LOL. I was a weed reviewer. and damn was life great. Those days are gone now , but I will still vouch for whom I will say :

Wildflower Hemp Co : Based in Oregon , One of my favorites. Very terpy flower, good effects, Discreet, photogenic flower.

Dr. Ganja : Another really strong company, probably the most strain options. Based in Cali … Had some of the strongest flower i’ve tried online. There Alien cookies was STRONG.

Tennessee Valley Cannabis : Dont know if they ever got a working site up but I literally messaged them on text asking for a sample and they said sure , it was that simple. There flower easily was the most exotic of them all. I tried Lemon Pepper, Mac and Gary, and some others. Super terpy, super tasty, effects might have lacked a tiny bit but that might just be genetics. Literal fire.

Arete Hemp : Never had an issue with there flower. Good terpy, stuff, good effects.

Preston Hemp Co : Based In Washington I believe. : Quite terpy stuff, exotic looking, dense bud.

Flow Gardens : Was only CBD at first but started selling mixed ratio flower and now theres a few High THC strains here and there that they grow. : Top shelf. super exotic looking flower. Very terpy .

Alright this is getting long so im going to wrap it up… But hear me out. From what I have researched, THCA is quite literally what we have always had in bud. High THC in labs doesnt make sense unless they tested decarbed bud. You have to heat THCA to get THC !!!

TDLR : THCA is legal because the 2018 farm bill specifies no more than .3 percent THC… NOT THCA .

P.S , I cant vouch for anything a local smoke shop might sell unless its from the companies I mentioned or can be found on r/cultofthefranklin
All the vendors I am vouching for are liked by the cultofthefranklin subreddit, if you’d like to see and read about THCA from actual buyers of the stuff, I highly recommend that subreddit.

Hope this helps some :slight_smile:

7 Likes

A few photos I’ve taken of the THCA

6 Likes

Very interesting @BeTheLight . Thanks for the information. I will ask them where they source it next time I’m in there.

4 Likes

I know some of them like Flow Gardens grows it themselves, now where they source the seeds would be interesting to know ,

Not exactly THCA but Beleafer CBD, and High Alpine Genetics and also Stoney Branch AG grow the bud themselves and uh PS… for hemp… it rivals some of the best looking High THC flower I’ve had LOL

R/CultofTheFranklin for all your THCA needs/ Info

R/HempFlowers for the Low THC / Mixed Ration needs and Info

4 Likes

Oh I failed to mention Hoku too, although if you want the high THC flower from those guys you gotta get a subscription , I dont really know how it works but i’ve heard good stuff… and If im not wrong, @Floyd is the grower. ( sorry Floyd If I am wrong, just going off what i’ve seen on reddit !!! )

3 Likes

You are wrong. I am not. And no worries.

2 Likes

That definitely looks like it is sprayed with some shit.

1 Like

Remember Paraquat bud in the 80’s

Can’t say I encountered any :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve tried this strain, It produced
good effects but considering what GDPS genetics should be, it was lacking in effects just a little. Still enjoyed it though :stuck_out_tongue:

Wnc got a 25% veterans discount picked up an oz of black velvet for $101 killer buds. Props to whoever is hunting the low d9thc to thca varieties, when I first got thca hemp it was decent bud but probably chopped a bit early. This new stuff taste and looks finished

8 Likes

interested in what is considered thca and therefore legal. this is the list of allowable compounds that i can grow in wv. i see that delta 9 thca-a is legal, although i can’t seem to find thca and am wondering if it is the same thing. i was kind of looking forward to growing thca-c4 to see if it blows up. kidding of course. i didn’t even know it was a thing until reading over the list.

1 Like

I theorized that this is what caused the THC-A levels to be high and the THC levels low, so I harvested a sample form a GG#4 hybrid (quite early, on week 4), and here are the results:

I believe it may be a combination of early harvest and genetics. It could also be that people with money are paying labs under the table to accept regular genetics as being THC-A. Something else I read is that the buds are frozen at harvest and allowed to long cure in this cold state, and then sold as THC-A. I just need to do more tests.

I’m attempting to get a hemp license to be able to do further research on high THC-A genetics, but it’s not going too well.

5 Likes

There is a dispensary in Virginia that sells to the public no card needed that uses this loophole. I bought a bottle of syrup there and I can attest shit put me on the moon.

4 Likes

Now, that’s what I like to hear! Bienvenido a Overgrow, amigo! I’ve sampled good THC-A weed, and I’ve also sampled some terrible stuff. I had never understood what people meant when they said some cannabis is “sprayed”, but smoking some Mimosa from CBDDY got me there. I’ve never smoked anything as unnatural before.

I may end up purchasing some online THC-A bud to hold me over till next harvest. I can also bite the bullet on the $40 test to see if my lab results match the websites.

Regardless, the 2024 Farm Bill apparently is going to close this loophole. We won’t find out until September, which is when the extension for the bill ends.

3 Likes

Government inefficiency and stupidity finally fell our way for once!

2 Likes

If the 2024 farm bill removes this loophole its going to be because legalization is on the horizon. There is A LOT of money in Cannabis lobbying, especially in non-legal states, and there are a lot of politicians and rich business men who are involved in the hemp industry one way or another, they’ve got a lot of money invested.

I work with Cannabis at a University and have often traveled to the state house to help “educate” representatives and senators. Most of them don’t give a shit about Cannabis legalization unless they can make money from it.

6 Likes

Why not just buy THCa seeds online?

1 Like

Ah, common… where’s the fun in that?

2 Likes

I would rather pay some money for seeds and make a snot load of bud and breed my own seed to not have to buy anymore.

1 Like