The rise of THCA

Strains that are already registered with the USDA don’t have to be tested again, if my understandings correct. I’d buy a pack of haiku (I believe that’s what they’re called) just to play around with, but at $300 a pack? Man…

1 Like

Some strains will cost more regardless if it is THC, THCa, CBD seeds.

1 Like

This is a good question, has anyone grown high THCA plants? Most of these “designer cannabinoids” are lab made or distilled and then either popped in a vape, edible, or sprayed on flower.
THCA as a molecule is pretty unstable and wants to drop that acid part to be lower energy (more stable). Thats part of the reason why its in the equation for total THC concentration

4 Likes

There’s something off wrong about that bud and there’s something off about this member to I don’t know what it is but I can feel it and smell it
Be the first time I ever put a member on ignore without any interaction but I don’t think I want to hear anymore of his Hui

5 Likes

I think most THCA on the market right now is crappy. I don’t know why it’s so bad because it can be done right. In my research with different suppliers I’ve found one that’s the best. They are expensive and don’t sell to the public. But if you want the best I think they are killing it right now. $25 for a prepackaged 1/8 and no deal on bulk. That’s the wholesale price so the smoke shops are selling it for $60 and up. They can’t keep the stuff on the shelves here. Haha. The guys are called High Hippy out of California. There’s huge opportunities for good THCA growers if you know what you’re doing. The biggest challenge is to keep the Delta9 down but don’t sacrifice the quality trying to do it. The other challenges are selling it before it starts to decarb back to D9 and keeping everything cold during storage and cure. Also sourcing genetics with naturally low D9 and harvesting them earlier than normal.

3 Likes

@Westcoastcroppers/@peg/@curemasterlocs/@pesticidewarlock/@phking/@asspotium/@halostem/@MrToilet, a bunch more that I’m forgetting. The mods ban him, he uses a VPN and makes a new account, so they’ve stopped bothering. Most people don’t listen to him for too long after he makes it clear who he is, though it’s a little tougher lately because he doesn’t rant about boron quite so often anymore. :stuck_out_tongue: Still pretty easy to recognize, I don’t think there’s anyone else around here who’s quite so angry with the world.

6 Likes

Good to know this! Can’t help but feel bad for them with that much anger.

Oh well, always gonna be someone out there who’s being negative, love that the rest of the community is so laid back and willing to constructively engage!! Makes OG a fun place to visit!!

3 Likes

Oh dang, he probably feels left out at this point. Always trying to come back to join the conversations but keeps getting booted for being mean and condescending. Has me reflecting on my recent actions themselves so for that I’m thankful.

1 Like

Love this! Maybe they are that touch of grey inside of every silver lining?

This is why OG is so awesome, even when someone is trying to be disruptive the community can find a takeaway and help make themselves better.

3 Likes

I’ve noticed myself being more disruptive and negative recently than I’d otherwise like to be. It’s a helpful reminder that I get to choose how I engage and interact here. Forgetting the bigger picture that we’re all brothers and sisters on this planet. Sometimes we won’t always agree and that’s fine sometimes siblings argue. What’s important in my opinion is that love prevails and the spirit of Overgrow grows stronger. Many blessings and much love

7 Likes

I’m a little confused are you referring to @BeTheLight ? I don’t think he’s that troll, I am not seeing the same sort of posts or tone, but maybe I missed a deleted post here? That user has been posting pretty normal content ever since they joined last year.

2 Likes

Nope, not him… @PiffElement responded to him in a post that’s been flagged already, then @Jetdro mentioned that this was the first time he’d ever put someone on ignore without even interacting with them. I was responding to Jet; he’s probably interacted with this particular troll before. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Ahhhh now I got it! Yeah Piff Element was very possibly mrtoilet etc

3 Likes

Ask him about boron

3 Likes

So incase any of you are interested or might have more info this is the bottle of THCa >.3% farm bill legal syrup I got. No idea how long it stays legal in Virginia. They keep closing loop holes now that rec legal was passed.

2 Likes

@Gadarien i will be very interested to keep an eye on the VA hemp industry. In illegal midwest states the THCA is mostly distilled from hemp and then added to stuff. Across the country this has been a pretty contentious issue between rec/med/legal growers and hemp growers. I’m not looking to take a stance on that issue, but I suspect with better infrastructure and regulation of some products both sides can be satisfied and make money.

2 Likes

That’s totally legit and legal in almost all states now. It’s about half strength of what you would get at a dispo. Only difference is that’s synthetic D9 made from CBD/CBC or D8 isolate

2 Likes

Kinda glad to hear it, honestly… I’m not saying I’m in favor of more prohibition, but if we’re going to have laws, they should at least be clear and fair laws without too many loopholes. None, if possible, but it’s probably not. Still, less loopholes is better imo.

2 Likes

@ThePotanist that makes sense to me. I bought it more as a novelty. I grow my own and have friends that grow as well, but while the state legislature hasn’t managed to pass the recreational dispensary laws that are required we are in a weird state where you can’t get recreational weed in the state. They’ve since outlawed delta 8 and any form of synthetic derivatives as well. So if they don’t close the THCa loop hole that will continue to be the only weed you can legally buy as a resident on Virginia.

2 Likes

I agree with @Cormoran on this big time.

If states would support infrastructure and processing for fiber and grain varieties, more farmers would switch from CBD. The labor input on those two is much less than CBD, seed is less expensive, and the applicability to high value products is increasing every year. The states that have processors in place do really well in terms of production and growers are able to maintain profit and insulate more from crop failure.

1 Like