The Trichome Dome: Larry3215 VS SuperiorBuds

:fire: IT’S TIIIIIME!! :fire:

It has begun!!

It’s time for the HPA/NFT of the season!! :leaves: :fallen_leaf:

It’s @SuperiorBuds vs @anon32470837!!!

it’s all yours now guys!!

7 Likes

Alright! I’ll start with a couple of pics of my torture victim - C99 fem from

I started soaking the seed 5 days ago. After 12 hours of soaking, I put it in a damp paper towel, in a baggie. 12 hours later it popped, and I stuck it in a mini dixie cup hempy bucket with perlite.

by the next day, it was up and going.

Its now been 3 days since it poked its head out of the perlite. It wont be long before its tall enough to pull it and transfer to the torture chamber.

In the mean time, I have been cleaning and sterilizing the system. I will also be testing some new nozzles and making a few tweaks to the system. That should only take a day or two.

7 Likes

Off to a nice start! :eye:
:vulcan: C99

3 Likes

The system is as clean as Im willing to make it, and the baby is all transferred over to the root chamber of horrors.

Now we see how it goes…

4 Likes

Hmmm, I see you’ve chosen not to use a synchrotron this round. Well, I suppose a linear accelerator is sufficient. :smile:

4 Likes

hehehe Well, the jacobs ladder didnt work out either, so I had to do something! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Unfortunately I’m still behind this time getting restarted. Having my girlfriends 5yo in town for 2 weeks really stopped all progress. He goes home next weekend and I should get things restarted within the week.

6 Likes

I can sympathize with that!

I have three daughters and four grandchildren. The oldest just turned 18, and I love her dearly, but she is nothing but a worthless pile of irresponsible trouble. Fortunately, she is off ‘adulting’ (more or less) and not under foot very often. The two in the middle live in Iowa, so I dont see them nearly as often as I want. They are wonderful stinkers who drive their parents crazy. Both are redheads, just like their mom and dad, so yeah. No surprise there. I am delighted that the curses I threw at their mom when she was a terrible teen have come true - “I hope you have kids just like you!!” :smiley: .

The youngest just started 3rd grade and I get to babysit her a lot - which is a pure joy. She is the light of my life, and my best bud. She loves helping me do ‘science stuff’ and checking on the plants - but - she requires 139% of my attention whenever she is here. When she shows up, its the end of my serious working, and time for fun :slight_smile:

6 Likes

so @anon32470837 is running an HPA setup?? ive never seen this before (had to google) but i’m interested to follow along

3 Likes

Yes, both of us are running High Pressure Aero, but with some significant differences between the systems. As far as I know, we are the only two currently running HPA setups on OG.

@Superior buds build/grow thread is here.

My build/grow thread is here, but mine is rather long and has meandered from LPA/NFT to its current HPA.

3 Likes

Quick up-date. Its been fairly boring the last three days, but last night the baby started showing new roots. No fuzzies yet - Im sure its too wet still, but she looks happy up top and is growing nicely with good color.

6 Likes

Never tried HPA before. Looks interesting. On RIU there is a user named Atomizer who was the resident expert there.

I do a LPA for clones and seeds. Once a taproots forms I put it in a collar and have been starting seeds this way for a couple years now.

Makes transferring to dwc a breeze with roots in the water day 1.

4 Likes

Im enjoying this HPA stuff a lot. Its a bt challenging, but thats part of why its so much fun - its not boring :slight_smile:

I had great luck with my LPA cloning experiments. If I do any more cloning, thats how Im going to do it in the future. It seems easier than doing it with HPA, although I did have some success that way too, but it was more dificult to get it dialed in.

Dont get me started on Atomizer. I am very familiar with pretty much every HPA and AA (Air Atomized) post he’s made in the last few years on more than one board. He is a smart guy for sure, but not one of my favorite people at all. I better stop there or I might say what I really think.

4 Likes

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: Adventures in Hydro #2 - LP Aero/NFT mash-up - or - switching to HPA?

Time for an up-date. This grow has been an almost non-stop series of up/down days. I have been having almost constant issues with PH rapidly climbing in the rez and the accumulator tank. I also have some sort of brown crud spreading on the roots that kills the fuzzy hairs we are after. Im pretty sure its NOT root rot. The primary suspect is some form of algae - probably mustard algae, but that is just a guess. This has resulted in some parts of the root mas being beautifully white and super fuzzy while other sections are brown with zero fuzzies.

This brown crap has gotten worse and better at different times. Ive been fighting it with the use of super strong pool shock and then copper pool chemicals that kill algae. The pool shock worked fairly well, but killed off as many fuzzy hairs as it did brown crap - maybe more fuzzies. The copper did better, but not by much.

Its also possible that I just have had bad timing settings for the ON/OFF times of the nozzles, but I think thats more of a contributing factor than the prime cause - maybe.

Anyway, Im now about 2 weeks into flower and things have settled down and are looking pretty good over all. There is still a good bit of brown, but the fuzzies are gaining ground every day. In fact, Im at risk of having the roots outgrow the root chamber! The main root mass is an inverted umbrella shape up top with a separate mat on the floor of the chamber where some shoots grew down to the bottom. The umbrella section up top is now touching the side walls of the chamber in roughly 50% of the circumference. The chamber is 24" in diameter by about 24" tall and is about 46 gallons total.

Here are a few pics to up-date things.

5 Likes

Seriously? You got roots growing on the bottom of the frigging styrofoam? :clap:

Awesome. Seriously?

This is awesome. Good job @anon32470837!

5 Likes

hehehe yup :slight_smile: I think its pretty cool actually. That black stripe across the foam is black duct tape covering a seem in the foam where I put an aluminum bar to help support the plant. The roots have grown under the duct tape, then go sideways and pop out further away.

6 Likes