Hydroponic with ease! finally

This is my current hydroponic setup it’s a 6 gallon setup that I retrofitted with a chiller at 69 degrees the reservoir would be in the plant would be drooping and very slow growth I gave up on this plant left it in the dark for 4 days turned off all the pumps and everything gave up on it came back and it was thriving the water was 74 degrees so I set it to 72 and been running it sterile ever since and thank God it’s been working for me first hydroponic system I’ve been able to get into flower… I’m running just straight Maxi Bloom and clear Rez with some calmag anda pH down that’s it… this system is a recirculating deep water culture in the sense that there’s four sites evenly surrounding the center site all four sites spray in a direction towards the middle so all of my roots have been getting water shot on to them I literally leave it for a week at a time and when I come back the reservoir will sometimes be and I know I shouldn’t say this but sometimes it’ll go from 6 gallons to a 1 gallon I s*** you not and I change the reservoir week every weekend and it’s been working!!! I’m in a 2 x 2 x 4 lol but I’m gonna keep her here and see what I’m able to pull off… I’m using a Amazon bought lenofocus 120w led so it’s working really well considering…everything you see in these pictures I’ve been accumulating over the past year and this is about $600 worth of investments

14 Likes

Challenge accepted

9 Likes

Wow how are you growing this plant were are the roots ? And what’s the medium are there clay pebbles in the black lid

4 Likes

Just in a simple 4x4 rockwool cube

100% healthy roots

13 Likes

Amazing!!! What nutrients are you using… and is this a recirculating system… How do you keep the rockwoool moist?

1 Like

Are you flowering yet what week are you on

1 Like

I didn’t want to hijack your thread so I made my own with more info included.

2 Likes

I just started using hydro to speed up seed to flower in my perpetual grow, made 15 container mini DWC res. Are 32oz with chiller., working out temps now …

6 Likes

I personally like the idea but your bottles are clear … ? Is this just to start them in because I wouldn’t use clear pots basically.

For any longer than the first week

Have opaque ones drying just been to watch the process and yes I am only looking at them being in water for 3-4 weeks.

2 Likes

yeah I would worry about algae bloom if ti were in there much longer . Did you come across any other issues in the past month?

Title of thread is hydro with ease this looks like a pain in the butt!

2 Likes

are you still using this setup @Rickypohiogrower32 and @Instg8ter or have you tweaked it at all? what are your thoughts on it after having used it for a few months?

Yup I’m still using it and it performed great but I did have to change the factory pump it went out.also I had to make a lid for the unit to stop light in the Rez but it worked great last grow I was able to harvest without a chiller at all

1 Like

awesome, great to hear! yeah light is not friendly to roots in the long run. No chiller is cool :monkey_face:

2 Likes

Using it like a cloner to propigate roots faster to go into soil and yes, using it every cycle with one res change a week in small jars.

1 Like

awesome - looks like a science lab there - it’s always cool to see what interesting experiments you are running there :+1:

1 Like

Have two of the bins with a dedicated 12x24 LED, each can hold 16 small jars or 8 large. Changes are easy pull a net pots, replace bubbler, fill new sterilized pot, done. Have 60 jars I run through dishwasher w/stones To sterilize, easy peas and it takes a week off my grow cycle which adds up too several grows a year. …

Getting ready to fire up the Can Traption Mini Columnar grow with two of my wild growing GG4-JW plants I just dropped.

When not in use I put potted plants in bins for veg

:sunglasses::metal:

4 Likes

thats smart thinking and good planning there, and that can-traption thing is pretty wild. I was wondering about that the other day, I remember when you were putting that together. Outside the box and saving money doing it on the cheap - thats awesome, way to go

1 Like